Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Old 09-02-09, 10:37 AM
  #26  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,201
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Alley doesn't appear to be suffering in any way. She has gotten skinnier and doesn't seem to eat much (even canned food). Otherwise, she is acting just like she always has.
kvrdave is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 10:39 AM
  #27  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,201
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Originally Posted by Nifty03 View Post
Maybe it just wants to die because it has to watch DS9.
Once Sisko goes bald, it is the best Star Trek series there is.
kvrdave is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 10:57 AM
  #28  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Numanoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Down in 'The Park'
Posts: 27,882
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Originally Posted by Ghym View Post
You should take the cat to a vet. One of my cats is pretty fat. He lost a lot of weight a few years ago, and it ended up being liver disease. I had to tube feed him for about a month, but he got better and gained it all back.
As much as Dave may like that cat, I really don't see him going to such efforts to keep it alive.
Numanoid is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 10:57 AM
  #29  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Numanoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Down in 'The Park'
Posts: 27,882
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
Once Sisko goes bald, it is the best Star Trek series there is.
Damn straight!
Numanoid is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 11:14 AM
  #30  
Enormous Genitals
 
Bandoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Posts: 32,875
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

You should kill it.
Bandoman is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 11:49 AM
  #31  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,368
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Originally Posted by Bandoman View Post
I like turtles.
Ah-HA!!
bwvanh114 is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 11:53 AM
  #32  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 4,352
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

RagingBull80 is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 12:26 PM
  #33  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SnogBox
Posts: 7,241
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

My parents cat is on thyroid medicine; perhaps this is something similar? Regardless he's been losing a little weight and my mom is convinced something is wrong. Now you have me worried.
Superman07 is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 12:28 PM
  #34  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dr Mabuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 75 clicks above the Do Lung bridge...
Posts: 18,950
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
Alley doesn't appear to be suffering in any way. She has gotten skinnier and doesn't seem to eat much (even canned food). Otherwise, she is acting just like she always has.
You cheapskate bastard!

Take the damn cat to the vet there Mengele.

Last edited by Dr Mabuse; 09-02-09 at 01:26 PM. Reason: typo
Dr Mabuse is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 12:54 PM
  #35  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Kittydreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 13,611
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
Once Sisko goes bald, it is the best Star Trek series there is.
Qft.

ps
take the cat to the vet
Kittydreamer is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 06:52 PM
  #36  
DVD Talk Legend
 
whotony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ^ Kristen Bell
Posts: 18,939
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Why haven't you taken the thing out into the field and shot it in the head?
"Too far"?
whotony is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 07:52 PM
  #37  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Kittydreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 13,611
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Originally Posted by bwvanh114 View Post
I just know that Kitty hatched an elaborate plan to poison KVR's cat so it gets sick and then she will offer a "sympathetic" hand/voice and allow KVR to call her.

If the plan (stage 1) works, she will move to stage 2: Poisoning Bandoman's pet turtle, offering a sympathetic hand and thus getting into his pants.

As any good conspiracy theory, the proof is the lack of evidence. The trail is covered well.

Bandoman, you are warned.
Dork.
Kittydreamer is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 08:37 PM
  #38  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,368
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Originally Posted by Kittydreamer View Post
Dork.
bwvanh114 is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 08:52 PM
  #39  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 2,506
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

My cat died yesterday. I was more upset yesterday, today I'm just bummed. His favorite seat was in my ht, and I would alway's get upset at him because he would get fur all over it. Now I know if I clean that seat he will never get hair on it again. I miss him quit a bit.

The worst part was that I had no warning of it, he just died, the last hour of his life was full of incredible pain.
Blu Man is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 08:56 PM
  #40  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,368
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Sorry to hear.
bwvanh114 is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 10:34 PM
  #41  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Hamilton, MI USA
Posts: 706
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

{{{Blu Man}}} I'm sorry for your loss.
mclori is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 10:38 PM
  #42  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Somewhere out there... YES THERE!!!
Posts: 7,936
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Originally Posted by Blu Man View Post
My cat died yesterday. I was more upset yesterday, today I'm just bummed. His favorite seat was in my ht, and I would alway's get upset at him because he would get fur all over it. Now I know if I clean that seat he will never get hair on it again. I miss him quit a bit.

The worst part was that I had no warning of it, he just died, the last hour of his life was full of incredible pain.

Sorry to hear man. I have lost a few cats in my time. People without pets don't realize the emotional bond you have with them even though they are just animals. In time you will feel better.
glassdragon is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 10:46 PM
  #43  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,177
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Sorry to hear about Alley. I agree with other posters try to make her feel comfortable as possible.
writer106 is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 11:53 PM
  #44  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 19,517
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Sounds like some of the cats mentioned in this thread need a cat orgy to work off some of that weight.
dsa_shea is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 11:58 PM
  #45  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 19,517
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Originally Posted by Blu Man View Post
My cat died yesterday. I was more upset yesterday, today I'm just bummed. His favorite seat was in my ht, and I would alway's get upset at him because he would get fur all over it. Now I know if I clean that seat he will never get hair on it again. I miss him quit a bit.

The worst part was that I had no warning of it, he just died, the last hour of his life was full of incredible pain.
I'm really sorry to hear that. One of the hardest things in my life that I had to do was to bury my cat that died after only being alive for a little over three years. He suddenly got sick one day and died outside while I was getting ready to take him to the vet. He was not around other cats and always stayed inside. He is buried at my dad's house and the place where I grew up so I will always be able to visit him.
dsa_shea is offline  
Old 09-03-09, 12:21 AM
  #46  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,201
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Alley really hasn't been in pain that I have noticed. She doesn't appear uncomfortable. But she also doesn't appear to be back tonight, either. Hopefully she does make it.

When my middle child was 2 years old, he loved to pet the cats, but the cats wouldn't let him near because he was a little rough. I'm in the shower and my wife comes in and says, "Molly died last night in the manroom." Molly was only about 3. No warning, no nothing. Just died. So I tell my wife that I will take care of it once I get out of the shower. I go out to the manroom and Molly isn't anywhere around. I assume my wife took care of it. But then we couldn't find our son. So I went back out to the manroom and he was under the desk holding Molly and petting her and she was in full rigamortis with legs sticking straight out. He just sat there petting her amazed that she was letting him. One of the funniest things I had ever seen....aside from the fact that our cat died. But still funny.

Sorry about your cat Blu Man. The worst part of it all is that when you get a new one, it is a crap shoot. I like a good fat cat that is really soft and likes to lie with me. But I've had cats that were so fat they couldn't lick their butt, and it turns out that is important. I've had cats that have mean streaks. But when you have a near perfect cat, you forget that they aren't all like that.
kvrdave is offline  
Old 09-03-09, 09:55 AM
  #47  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 2,506
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Originally Posted by bwvanh114 View Post
Sorry to hear.
Originally Posted by mclori View Post
{{{Blu Man}}} I'm sorry for your loss.
Originally Posted by glassdragon View Post
Sorry to hear man. I have lost a few cats in my time. People without pets don't realize the emotional bond you have with them even though they are just animals. In time you will feel better.
Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
I'm really sorry to hear that. One of the hardest things in my life that I had to do was to bury my cat that died after only being alive for a little over three years. He suddenly got sick one day and died outside while I was getting ready to take him to the vet. He was not around other cats and always stayed inside. He is buried at my dad's house and the place where I grew up so I will always be able to visit him.
Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
Sorry about your cat Blu Man. The worst part of it all is that when you get a new one, it is a crap shoot. I like a good fat cat that is really soft and likes to lie with me. But I've had cats that were so fat they couldn't lick their butt, and it turns out that is important. I've had cats that have mean streaks. But when you have a near perfect cat, you forget that they aren't all like that.
Thanks. Yeah, it was tougher then I expected. I keep telling my self that it's just a cat, but he was kind of a friend. The only way I get to see him is to watch some old video I took to test out a camera. I have another cat, but I don't think I'm going to get a second one for awhile. I don't know think I could handle seeing another cat in Sam's bed. My other cat has been acting strange ever since Sam died, he knows he'll never see his best friend again.
Blu Man is offline  
Old 09-03-09, 10:25 AM
  #48  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Kittydreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 13,611
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

blu man, honey, I am so sorry.
Kittydreamer is offline  
Old 09-07-09, 09:36 AM
  #49  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 34,329
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

I haven't had a cat for years, old roommate was allergic, but have been thinking about getting another one lately. This thread is giving me pause. I tend to get quite attatched to pets and feel for your loss blu.
Trevor is online now  
Old 09-07-09, 10:29 AM
  #50  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Rockford IL
Posts: 5,784
Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
Alley really hasn't been in pain that I have noticed. She doesn't appear uncomfortable. But she also doesn't appear to be back tonight, either. Hopefully she does make it.

When my middle child was 2 years old, he loved to pet the cats, but the cats wouldn't let him near because he was a little rough. I'm in the shower and my wife comes in and says, "Molly died last night in the manroom." Molly was only about 3. No warning, no nothing. Just died. So I tell my wife that I will take care of it once I get out of the shower. I go out to the manroom and Molly isn't anywhere around. I assume my wife took care of it. But then we couldn't find our son. So I went back out to the manroom and he was under the desk holding Molly and petting her and she was in full rigamortis with legs sticking straight out. He just sat there petting her amazed that she was letting him. One of the funniest things I had ever seen....aside from the fact that our cat died. But still funny.

Sorry about your cat Blu Man. The worst part of it all is that when you get a new one, it is a crap shoot. I like a good fat cat that is really soft and likes to lie with me. But I've had cats that were so fat they couldn't lick their butt, and it turns out that is important. I've had cats that have mean streaks. But when you have a near perfect cat, you forget that they aren't all like that.
So....this post is now, what, 4 days old...and no one has bothered to question what the wife was doing in the man room in order to make this discovery?!?
emanon is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.