Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Old 09-02-09, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: I believe my cat is preparing to die.

Alley doesn't appear to be suffering in any way. She has gotten skinnier and doesn't seem to eat much (even canned food). Otherwise, she is acting just like she always has.
Old 09-02-09, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Nifty03 View Post
Maybe it just wants to die because it has to watch DS9.
Once Sisko goes bald, it is the best Star Trek series there is.
Old 09-02-09, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Ghym View Post
You should take the cat to a vet. One of my cats is pretty fat. He lost a lot of weight a few years ago, and it ended up being liver disease. I had to tube feed him for about a month, but he got better and gained it all back.
As much as Dave may like that cat, I really don't see him going to such efforts to keep it alive.
Old 09-02-09, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
Damn straight!
Old 09-02-09, 11:14 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.

You should kill it.
Old 09-02-09, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Bandoman View Post
I like turtles.
Ah-HA!!
Old 09-02-09, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Old 09-02-09, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My parents cat is on thyroid medicine; perhaps this is something similar? Regardless he's been losing a little weight and my mom is convinced something is wrong. Now you have me worried.
Old 09-02-09, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Alley doesn't appear to be suffering in any way. She has gotten skinnier and doesn't seem to eat much (even canned food). Otherwise, she is acting just like she always has.
You cheapskate bastard!

Take the damn cat to the vet there Mengele.

Last edited by Dr Mabuse; 09-02-09 at 01:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-02-09, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Qft.

ps
take the cat to the vet
Old 09-02-09, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Why haven't you taken the thing out into the field and shot it in the head?
"Too far"?
Old 09-02-09, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bwvanh114 View Post
I just know that Kitty hatched an elaborate plan to poison KVR's cat so it gets sick and then she will offer a "sympathetic" hand/voice and allow KVR to call her.

If the plan (stage 1) works, she will move to stage 2: Poisoning Bandoman's pet turtle, offering a sympathetic hand and thus getting into his pants.

As any good conspiracy theory, the proof is the lack of evidence. The trail is covered well.

Bandoman, you are warned.
Dork.
Old 09-02-09, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Kittydreamer View Post
Dork.
Old 09-02-09, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My cat died yesterday. I was more upset yesterday, today I'm just bummed. His favorite seat was in my ht, and I would alway's get upset at him because he would get fur all over it. Now I know if I clean that seat he will never get hair on it again. I miss him quit a bit.

The worst part was that I had no warning of it, he just died, the last hour of his life was full of incredible pain.
Old 09-02-09, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sorry to hear.
Old 09-02-09, 10:34 PM

{{{Blu Man}}} I'm sorry for your loss.
Old 09-02-09, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Blu Man View Post
My cat died yesterday. I was more upset yesterday, today I'm just bummed. His favorite seat was in my ht, and I would alway's get upset at him because he would get fur all over it. Now I know if I clean that seat he will never get hair on it again. I miss him quit a bit.

The worst part was that I had no warning of it, he just died, the last hour of his life was full of incredible pain.

Sorry to hear man. I have lost a few cats in my time. People without pets don't realize the emotional bond you have with them even though they are just animals. In time you will feel better.
Old 09-02-09, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sorry to hear about Alley. I agree with other posters try to make her feel comfortable as possible.
Old 09-02-09, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sounds like some of the cats mentioned in this thread need a cat orgy to work off some of that weight.
Old 09-02-09, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Blu Man View Post

I'm really sorry to hear that. One of the hardest things in my life that I had to do was to bury my cat that died after only being alive for a little over three years. He suddenly got sick one day and died outside while I was getting ready to take him to the vet. He was not around other cats and always stayed inside. He is buried at my dad's house and the place where I grew up so I will always be able to visit him.
Old 09-03-09, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Alley really hasn't been in pain that I have noticed. She doesn't appear uncomfortable. But she also doesn't appear to be back tonight, either. Hopefully she does make it.

When my middle child was 2 years old, he loved to pet the cats, but the cats wouldn't let him near because he was a little rough. I'm in the shower and my wife comes in and says, "Molly died last night in the manroom." Molly was only about 3. No warning, no nothing. Just died. So I tell my wife that I will take care of it once I get out of the shower. I go out to the manroom and Molly isn't anywhere around. I assume my wife took care of it. But then we couldn't find our son. So I went back out to the manroom and he was under the desk holding Molly and petting her and she was in full rigamortis with legs sticking straight out. He just sat there petting her amazed that she was letting him. One of the funniest things I had ever seen....aside from the fact that our cat died. But still funny.

Sorry about your cat Blu Man. The worst part of it all is that when you get a new one, it is a crap shoot. I like a good fat cat that is really soft and likes to lie with me. But I've had cats that were so fat they couldn't lick their butt, and it turns out that is important. I've had cats that have mean streaks. But when you have a near perfect cat, you forget that they aren't all like that.
Old 09-03-09, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bwvanh114 View Post
Sorry to hear.
Originally Posted by mclori View Post
{{{Blu Man}}} I'm sorry for your loss.
Originally Posted by glassdragon View Post
Sorry to hear man. I have lost a few cats in my time. People without pets don't realize the emotional bond you have with them even though they are just animals. In time you will feel better.
Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
I'm really sorry to hear that. One of the hardest things in my life that I had to do was to bury my cat that died after only being alive for a little over three years. He suddenly got sick one day and died outside while I was getting ready to take him to the vet. He was not around other cats and always stayed inside. He is buried at my dad's house and the place where I grew up so I will always be able to visit him.
Sorry about your cat Blu Man. The worst part of it all is that when you get a new one, it is a crap shoot. I like a good fat cat that is really soft and likes to lie with me. But I've had cats that were so fat they couldn't lick their butt, and it turns out that is important. I've had cats that have mean streaks. But when you have a near perfect cat, you forget that they aren't all like that.
Thanks. Yeah, it was tougher then I expected. I keep telling my self that it's just a cat, but he was kind of a friend. The only way I get to see him is to watch some old video I took to test out a camera. I have another cat, but I don't think I'm going to get a second one for awhile. I don't know think I could handle seeing another cat in Sam's bed. My other cat has been acting strange ever since Sam died, he knows he'll never see his best friend again.
Old 09-03-09, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

blu man, honey, I am so sorry.
Old 09-07-09, 09:36 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

I haven't had a cat for years, old roommate was allergic, but have been thinking about getting another one lately. This thread is giving me pause. I tend to get quite attatched to pets and feel for your loss blu.
Old 09-07-09, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Alley really hasn't been in pain that I have noticed. She doesn't appear uncomfortable. But she also doesn't appear to be back tonight, either. Hopefully she does make it.

When my middle child was 2 years old, he loved to pet the cats, but the cats wouldn't let him near because he was a little rough. I'm in the shower and my wife comes in and says, "Molly died last night in the manroom." Molly was only about 3. No warning, no nothing. Just died. So I tell my wife that I will take care of it once I get out of the shower. I go out to the manroom and Molly isn't anywhere around. I assume my wife took care of it. But then we couldn't find our son. So I went back out to the manroom and he was under the desk holding Molly and petting her and she was in full rigamortis with legs sticking straight out. He just sat there petting her amazed that she was letting him. One of the funniest things I had ever seen....aside from the fact that our cat died. But still funny.

So....this post is now, what, 4 days old...and no one has bothered to question what the wife was doing in the man room in order to make this discovery?!?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.