Reload this Page >

People of Walmart

Other Talk "Otterville"

People of Walmart

Old 08-30-09, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
People of Walmart

This is great. Pictures of Walmart shoppers.

http://peopleofwalmart.com/
Old 08-30-09, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: People of Walmart

Having grown up in Kentucky, where Wal-Mart might as well be Mecca, I have seen many of these horrors first hand.
Old 08-30-09, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I glad I don't live anywhere near a Walmart.
Old 08-30-09, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mike45 View Post
Am I glad I don't live anywhere near a Walmart.
You might have to update your location in your profile if that's the case.
Old 08-30-09, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is the title of Wes Craven's new horror flick, right?
Old 08-30-09, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

We got a Walmart here about 5 years ago.I went one time and as i was walking around the store i started actually noticing the people shopping there and how odd every single person looked(think Dawn of the Dead ) .I seriously wondered who are these people and where did they come from? Now i am no Brad Pitt but i sure felt like it during my very brief and only ever visit to their store.Oh and now we have 2 Walmarts.Bad enough we already had 2 Zellers.
Old 08-30-09, 10:00 AM
Suspended

Ha, ha! Making fun of people for their appearance is funny! How dare these people go out in public, don't they know that the shouldn't share the world with pretty people?

I'd like to see two things-- 1.) a picture of the guy taking the pictures 2.) a news item about the guy taking the pictures being force fed his cell phone (from either end of his digestive tract.)

It isn't unattractive or unfashionable people that are worthless-- it is the kind of person who makes (and enjoys) web sites like that.
Old 08-30-09, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 242 Likes on 164 Posts

I don't shop at Walmart and wont support them, but I had the "pleasure" of being in a few of them when I'm with someone who has to pick up a few items there. I've never seen so much trailer-trash in one place.

I couldn't believe how many people were still wearing the latest fashions from the 80's - and it looked like they haven't showered since then either. Nevermind that half of them were obese. It's fitting since the few Walmart's I've been in were very messy, dirty and just littered with so many crappy products.
Old 08-30-09, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 418 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Deep_lurk View Post
Ha, ha! Making fun of people for their appearance is funny! How dare these people go out in public, don't they know that the shouldn't share the world with pretty people?

I'd like to see two things-- 1.) a picture of the guy taking the pictures 2.) a news item about the guy taking the pictures being force fed his cell phone (from either end of his digestive tract.)

It isn't unattractive or unfashionable people that are worthless-- it is the kind of person who makes (and enjoys) web sites like that.
Who invited this guy?
Old 08-30-09, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 333 Likes on 216 Posts

That's awesome!
Old 08-30-09, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
I don't shop at Walmart and wont support them, but I had the "pleasure" of being in a few of them when I'm with someone who has to pick up a few items there. I've never seen so much trailer-trash in one place.

I couldn't believe how many people were still wearing the latest fashions from the 80's - and it looked like they haven't showered since then either. Nevermind that half of them were obese. It's fitting since the few Walmart's I've been in were very messy, dirty and just littered with so many crappy products.
Sadly, there are probably a thousand or more towns and small cities in the United States (cannot speak for Ontario) where the residents have little practical choice but to support Walmart. They might be able to buy groceries somewhere else (although probably a much smaller selection) but for items like a hairdryer, a kid's bicycle or the latest "Larry the Cable Guy" CD, they have only 3 choices:

1. Walmart
2. Drive to the nearest city
3. Order off of the Internet
Old 08-30-09, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 143 Likes on 106 Posts

It's people like you who have made society today what it is. Fat. Retarded. Stupid. Accepting anything that comes their way. Co-dependent on someone else's income. Sitting in front of a television and allowing messages to control their lifestyles and behaviors.

Our society needs this criticism.

Get in shape and stop being a lethargic zombie dumbfuck with nothing to do but having kids and making me pay for them. Getting in shape is physical, but it also disciplines your mind. It disciplines the choices you make in your life.

Walmart and other corporations are AFRAID of people getting in shape because once they did...most wouldn't shop there anymore, would demand better quality...would be a force to be reckoned with. As it stands, Walmart and similar stores simply open their doors and herd the cows to buy utter (udder?) fucking crap made in China which inherently will bring back these cows to buy more crap because the previous crap fell apart within a few days.

Everyone is beautiful. They just need to get on the right track to losing the fat and chemically altered substances in their bodies corporations have secretly fed them over the last 20 years or more. Go to any bodybuilding website and you'll see proof of this. People that were once so goddamn "ugly" are absolutely gorgeous.

From Walmart Wart to a Macy's Madonna...it can happen. You just need the first step...

INITIATIVE.

Walmart is partially responsible for keeping people looking like they are. They placate to the lowest common denominator and reap in the profits from it. It's sick. It's disgusting. It's wrong.

And with that...I'm going on my 2hr+ exercise routine.
Old 08-30-09, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Where can I sign up for your newsletter?
Old 08-30-09, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 143 Likes on 106 Posts

Workin' on it.
Old 08-30-09, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I guess I'm one of the few here that actually likes Wal-Mart and shopping there...

But the website is pretty good. I've seen my share of those types in my shopping travels at various Wal-Marts around the country.
Old 08-30-09, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 620 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by mickey65 View Post
I guess I'm one of the few here that actually likes Wal-Mart and shopping there...

But the website is pretty good. I've seen my share of those types in my shopping travels at various Wal-Marts around the country.
But you're an unemployed warehouse worker. There are people here who believe that a $120,000 income isn't very much. They don't associate with the sort of person who shops at Wal-Mart. They view those people with disdain.

You're the wrong class, Mickey.
Old 08-30-09, 11:57 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 373 Likes on 330 Posts

you know, i go to Walmart all the time. i don't look like any of the poeple that shop there, but they have everything i need in one location and the prices are good. i prefer Target, but this is a little closer and has more stuff. so what's wrong with that?

and is it me or does everyone in the parking lot seem to have a handicap tag, whether they are or not?

Last edited by OldBoy; 08-30-09 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-30-09, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Old 08-30-09, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by scott1598 View Post
you know, i go to Walmart all the time. i don't look like any of the poeple that shop there, but they have everything i need in one location and the prices are good. i prefer Target, but this is a little closer and has more stuff.

so what's wrong with that?
We will need photographs of you shopping at Walmart before we can comment authoritatively.
Old 08-30-09, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I have a BINGO!
Old 08-30-09, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
It's people like you who have made society today what it is. Fat. Retarded. Stupid. Accepting anything that comes their way. Co-dependent on someone else's income. Sitting in front of a television and allowing messages to control their lifestyles and behaviors.

Our society needs this criticism.

Get in shape and stop being a lethargic zombie dumbfuck with nothing to do but having kids and making me pay for them. Getting in shape is physical, but it also disciplines your mind. It disciplines the choices you make in your life.

Walmart and other corporations are AFRAID of people getting in shape because once they did...most wouldn't shop there anymore, would demand better quality...would be a force to be reckoned with. As it stands, Walmart and similar stores simply open their doors and herd the cows to buy utter (udder?) fucking crap made in China which inherently will bring back these cows to buy more crap because the previous crap fell apart within a few days.

Everyone is beautiful. They just need to get on the right track to losing the fat and chemically altered substances in their bodies corporations have secretly fed them over the last 20 years or more. Go to any bodybuilding website and you'll see proof of this. People that were once so goddamn "ugly" are absolutely gorgeous.

From Walmart Wart to a Macy's Madonna...it can happen. You just need the first step...

INITIATIVE.

Walmart is partially responsible for keeping people looking like they are. They placate to the lowest common denominator and reap in the profits from it. It's sick. It's disgusting. It's wrong.

And with that...I'm going on my 2hr+ exercise routine.

Yep, those bastards charge $2 extra for 2X+ sizes.
Old 08-30-09, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Anyone have a picture of Polizei?
Old 08-30-09, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by scott1598 View Post
you know, i go to Walmart all the time. i don't look like any of the poeple that shop there, but they have everything i need in one location and the prices are good. i prefer Target, but this is a little closer and has more stuff. so what's wrong with that?
I go to Walmart all the time too. We save $150+ a month easy on groceries/pet stuff/health & beauty than shopping elsewhere.

and IMO, Target caters to the "too good to shop at Walmart" snobs by looking slightly better than a Walmart, throwing a Starbucks by the front door, and charging more for everything - food, shampoo, band aids, and the same 'Made in China' shit. Hey, if it makes you feel better about yourself - have at it!

That being said - Walmart is the place I saw a rather large hispanic gentleman removing his tooth with a paper towel in the bathroom a few weeks ago. There's no spot on the bingo sheet for that.
Old 08-30-09, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 124 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by nevermind View Post
I go to Walmart all the time too. We save $150+ a month easy on groceries/pet stuff/health & beauty than shopping elsewhere.

and IMO, Target caters to the "too good to shop at Walmart" snobs by looking slightly better than a Walmart, throwing a Starbucks by the front door, and charging more for everything - food, shampoo, band aids, and the same 'Made in China' shit. Hey, if it makes you feel better about yourself - have at it!

That being said - Walmart is the place I saw a rather large hispanic gentleman removing his tooth with a paper towel in the bathroom a few weeks ago. There's no spot on the bingo sheet for that.
Maybe he got some blood on his "cloths."
Old 08-30-09, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 136 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral View Post

More interesting to me (and I'll admit to being a "regular" Wally World shopper), is the difference between Walmarts. We have two that are close. One like 2 miles and the about 4. The closer one is always dirty, never enough help, always out of things and I don't dare by any fresh foods from. The 2nd one is a "flagship" store and it is top notch. Always clean, good selection (including a guy making sushi in front of you and made to order if you want). And because of their location they are allowed to sell beer and wine (and they have a decent selection and some mid-range stuff at good prices), the first one does not (don't ask, funky Dallas rules). I actually enjoy going to the one a little farther. Prices the same but cleaner and nice. I buy fresh food from them all the time. In fact they have these HUGE fresh Jalapeños that are just idea for making home made poppers that I can't find anywhere else. The one's at Whole Foods are good but not as big and close to double the price!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.