Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Trump to Miss California, you are fired!

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion and Politics

Trump to Miss California, you are fired!

Old 06-10-09, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trump to Miss California, you are fired! UPDATED Suing!

not sure if this has been discussed already but.

Carrie Prejean Stripped Of Miss California Title

Access Hollywood - June 10, 2009 11:11 AM PDT

celebs:Carrie PrejeanDonald TrumpShanna Moakler

Donald Trump and Miss California USA, Carrie Prejean attend a press conference at Trump Tower on May 12, 2009 in New York City Getty ImagesAccess Hollywood LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Carrie Prejean has been stripped of her Miss California title.

"The Miss California USA Organization, in conjunction with the Miss Universe Organization and with the blessing of its owner, Mr. Donald J. Trump, announced today the termination of Carrie Prejean as Miss California USA 2009, citing continued breach of contract issues," the Miss California Organization said in a statement to Access Hollywood.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: The Latest Star Sightings

The group kicked the controversial beauty queen from her post due to "contract violations including Ms. Prejean's unwillingness to make appearances on behalf of the Miss California USA organization," the pageant's Executive Director, Keith Lewis, said in a statement.

Last month, Trump decided that Prejean would be allowed to keep her crown despite racy photos of the 22-year-old surfacing on the Internet. But Lewis claims that in the weeks that followed, the beauty queen did not step up to the plate.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Model Mania

"Since that time it has become abundantly clear that Carrie is unwilling to fulfill her obligations under our contract and work together," Lewis' statement continued.

Billy Bush broke the news to Prejean on Wednesday afternoon when he called her for Access Hollywood and "The Billy Bush Show."

"We've just found out from Keith Lewis, your executive director there, that it's official, they have put out a statement and you have been fired," Bush said.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Hollywood Blondes

"Well, that's the first that I know about that, Billy," Prejean said.

"Really?" he continued.

"Yeah. I was just talking to my lawyer and I just got a phone call from you and I've gotten some text messages saying 'Hey, is this really true?' and I said, 'True about what?' and they said, 'That you've been fired.' And I started to laugh because everyone's been cooperating and everyone's been getting along so well," she said. "This is the first that I've heard of it. This is funny to me. I have no idea what's going on."

Trump was also involved in Wednesday's dethroning, and leant his voice to her dismissal.

"I told Carrie she needed to get back to work and honor her contract with the Miss California USA Organization and I gave her the opportunity to do so," Trump said his statement. "Unfortunately it just doesn't look like it is going to happen and I offered Keith my full support in making this decision. Carrie is a beautiful young woman and I wish her well as she pursues other interests."

Miss Malibu Tami Farrell, who was the First Runner-Up, is now Miss California.

In addition to the semi-nude photo scandal, Prejean's reign as Miss California also created headlines at the Miss USA pageant in April after she answered a question from Perez Hilton regarding her stance on gay marriage. She said she believed marriage "should be between a man and a woman."

Shanna Moakler quit the Miss California Organization, where she had served as a co-executive director back in May after Trump let Prejean keep her crown. When asked last month by Access Hollywood's Billy Bush if she would return to the group if Prejean quit, Moakler said she would.

"Absolutely," she said. "In a heartbeat.... It's not [a] 'her or me'[situation]. It's you... have to, at some point, make her take responsibility."

And on Wednesday, not long after the news broke, Moakler issued a statement to Access over Prejean's firing.

"First and foremost, my faith has been restored in the Miss Universe Organization and with Donald Trump. I believed eventually what I intimately knew would come to fruition," Moakler said.

Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
PLAY IT NOW: Access Extended: Why Shanna Moakler Quit Miss California
PLAY IT NOW: Donald Trump Announces Miss California's Fate (May 12, 2009)

MORE ACCESS ON THESE TOPICS: Carrie Prejean - Donald Trump - Celebrity Scandals - Pageants - News

Personally, if it was for the statement she made, it is abit unfair, but if she really was failing to show up to events and not fulfilling her contractual obligations, even after the first warning, then yes, she should be fired.

Of course, she can use this to her advantage by getting some RealityTV work, IMHO.

Last edited by salamander2; 08-31-09 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-10-09, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts
Re: Trump to Miss California, you are fired!

I'm cool with this. When she was first threatened to be fired because she was asked an opinion question and people didn't like he opinion I thought that was wrong. But if she's not stepping up to the extremely difficult and challenging tasks (such as smiling and waving) that comes with her new title then she deserves to get sacked (insert pun joke here).
Old 06-10-09, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Trump organization obviously believes in opposite employment.
Old 06-10-09, 10:41 PM
Suspended

Q: What are u gonna do fire me for volunteering for the special olympics hahaha ur crazy

A: Yes.
Old 06-10-09, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

donald trump is a fat obnoxious fart of a human being. i wish someone would fire him.
Old 06-11-09, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

another dullard bites the dust
Old 06-11-09, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This has been out of the news for a few weeks now. Trump probably just wanted some more publicity for his pageants.
Old 06-11-09, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Her and the pageant fed off the 'gay marriage question' answer for publicity.. it seemed obvious she aligned herself with conservative groups afterwards and was trying to be a 'celebrity' to them at the expense of her pageant 'duties'.
Old 06-11-09, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by greg9x View Post
Her and the pageant fed off the 'gay marriage question' answer for publicity.. it seemed obvious she aligned herself with conservative groups afterwards and was trying to be a 'celebrity' to them at the expense of her pageant 'duties'.
That's what I figured. Now she can go tour the country with Sarah Palin.
Old 06-11-09, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I'm cool with this. When she was first threatened to be fired because she was asked an opinion question and people didn't like he opinion I thought that was wrong.
To be fair, she was first threatened to be fired not because of her answer to the gay marraige question but because of her semi-nude photos.
Old 06-11-09, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm cool with this. When she was first threatened to be fired because she was asked an opinion question and people didn't like he opinion I thought that was wrong.
This never happened.
Old 06-11-09, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by 7Keys View Post
This has been out of the news for a few weeks now. Trump probably just wanted some more publicity for his pageants.
Not only that, she is doing a fantastic job of keeping her name in the news. Anyone know/remember who won the pageant? How about who is replacing her?

All I remember is this

Old 06-11-09, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Originally Posted by sinned View Post
To be fair, she was first threatened to be fired not because of her answer to the gay marraige question but because of her semi-nude photos.
As even Trump himself said the pictures would not have been an issue if she had answered that question a different way. Let's be honest here. She was in the situation she was in because of the answer she gave. Now, today, if she's not carrying out her responsibilities - that's on her.
Old 06-11-09, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

As even Trump himself said the pictures would not have been an issue if she had answered that question a different way. Let's be honest here. She was in the situation she was in because of the answer she gave. Now, today, if she's not carrying out her responsibilities - that's on her.
She gave a conservative answer to a question about gay marriage, which caused Perez Hilton to behave like a whiny crybaby ... but she then proceeded to behave like a whiny crybaby, too, insisting that the only reason she lost was because she was opposed to gay marriage. That completely ignores the fact that 48 other beautiful women also lost the pageant without taking "pro-opposite marriage" positions.

Would the semi-nude pics have come out if she hadn't gone on her whining tour of the right-wing circuit? Maybe not. But so what. She's the one who chose to pose semi-nude; that's on her, and I think she probably got a break she didn't deserve when she was allowed to keep her job in the first place.
Old 06-11-09, 01:28 PM

Carrie Prejean, I spit in your general direction.
Old 06-11-09, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"You are fired!" is not a Trump trademark.
Old 06-11-09, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Who cares? This chick is a dumb bitch and totally irrelevant.
Old 06-11-09, 02:24 PM

^ I called her a 'stupid ****' over on TMZ.com
Old 06-11-09, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal View Post
Who cares? This chick is a dumb bitch and totally irrelevant.
And this is based on .. what?
Old 06-11-09, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
She gave a conservative answer to a question about gay marriage, which caused Perez Hilton to behave like a whiny crybaby ... but she then proceeded to behave like a whiny crybaby, too, insisting that the only reason she lost was because she was opposed to gay marriage. That completely ignores the fact that 48 other beautiful women also lost the pageant without taking "pro-opposite marriage" positions.

Like I've said numerous times - she scored 1st in all the other events held. None of the other contestants gave a wow answer to their questions, so had she simply gone the PC route and could reasonably string 2 sentences together, she was going to win. Trust me - that was the reason she lost.
Old 06-11-09, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Like I've said numerous times - she scored 1st in all the other events held. None of the other contestants gave a wow answer to their questions, so had she simply gone the PC route and could reasonably string 2 sentences together, she was going to win. Trust me - that was the reason she lost.
Wikipedia says the eventual winner (Miss North Carolina) outscored Prejean on both Swimsuit and Evening Wear, and Miss Arizona outscored Prejean on Swimsuit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_USA_2009
Old 06-11-09, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are they going to demand the fake tits back? I wonder how she scored in bicycle seat sniffing?
Old 06-11-09, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Wikipedia says the eventual winner (Miss North Carolina) outscored Prejean on both Swimsuit and Evening Wear, and Miss Arizona outscored Prejean on Swimsuit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_USA_2009
I could have sworn she was 1st in those rounds, but if wiki says it....
Old 06-11-09, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
I could have sworn she was 1st in those rounds, but if wiki says it....
KBMagic and I watched the last 45 minutes or so while we were channel surfing. She got the loudest applause and KB even picked her to win (and she's not wrong about this sort of stuff very often!). She seemed WAY ahead of her competition until her no-win-scenario bombshell question.
Old 06-11-09, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

At this point it's big deal for her. She doesn't even need the Miss California thing anymore.

She's got it 'Made in the Shade'!

What LUCK!

I wish I could be Miss California and get fired.

-THEEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 06-11-09 at 05:22 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.