Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Child's body found near Caylee Anthony's home

Old 12-14-08, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by nazz View Post
They could possibly get her DNA from the duct tape as well. I would think a statement like you described is unlikely since it likely would have come out by now. Maybe there are people who she didn't tell she had a kid or even told them she didn't though. I realize that wouldn't carry the same weight though. It actually may be that she put the duct tape over the mouth after the accidental death to fit better with her fabricated story about the abduction. If they find actual trauma to the body, such as a skull fracture or broken bones, it would take this to yet another level.
Yeah, I honestly don't know. I haven't followed this case too closely. Might read up on it, however. But there could be witnesses who have given statements, who are not obliged to talk to the public so we wouldn't necessarily know about them just yet until the trial begins and/or the witnesses appear in court.
Old 12-14-08, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

She was obviously knocked up by accident and in no way capable of raising a child. Why the grandparents didn't intervene is a bit of a mystery. I mean, did they not know their pregnant 18-year old daughter couldn't handle it?

Just by looking at some of these party pics I wouldn't even trust her watching my goldfish.
Old 12-14-08, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
She was obviously knocked up by accident and in no way capable of raising a child. Why the grandparents didn't intervene is a bit of a mystery. I mean, did they not know their pregnant 18-year old daughter couldn't handle it?
I read a few months ago that she wanted to give the baby up for adoption, but her mother talked her out of it.
Old 12-14-08, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by emptysky View Post
I read a few months ago that she wanted to give the baby up for adoption, but her mother talked her out of it.
Why the hell didn't Casey's mother offer to adopt the baby? Every decent parent I know would have done that if their kid was as nuts as Casey appears to be.

We have a family friends who have done exactly this.
Old 12-14-08, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

In order to do that, Casey's mom would have had to admit to herself that her daughter was a nutjob.

If you have never had personal experience with it, you will be AMAZED at the capacity of parental denial.
Old 12-14-08, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice pics. Next time my boss wants to talk about the case, I can mention the mom has a great ass.
Old 12-14-08, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger View Post
In order to do that, Casey's mom would have had to admit to herself that her daughter was a nutjob.

If you have never had personal experience with it, you will be AMAZED at the capacity of parental denial.
According to people interviewed in this document from police, her mother (a nurse) was still claiming Casey was not pregnant when she would've been 7 months along, because 'Casey told us that she'd have to have sex first in order to have a baby and that she did not have sex with anyone.' So she's been skilled at serious denial for awhile.

Also someone who knew Casey's dad called him the second week Caylee was reported missing and asked him why he wasn't doing what ex-cops do with his granddaughter missing. He said 'because my wife doesn't want me to.'

I'll be curious to see if the body being found so close to home finally breaks Cindy Anthony out of her denial, but after reading that this morning I doubt it. One of Casey's friends interviewed in that article says he was told that Casey said he killed Caylee and planted evidence in her car, and of course Cindy was believing her yet again.
Old 12-14-08, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Maybe somebody should show mommy all these great pics of her daughter vomiting, drinking, fucking (I'm assuming there has to be some of these in somebody's camera), and whatever else.
Old 12-14-08, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

She believed her when she said she was a virgin? Holy shit. Talk about fucking denial.

She's my age. I know if she was in my graduating class she'd be known as the town doorknob.
Old 12-14-08, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

she could just google

http://wjnoblog.com/2008/08/new-racy...casey-anthony/

http://glosslip.com/2008/07/31/new-p...r-was-missing/

Last edited by whotony; 12-14-08 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-14-08, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

She's a woo girl!
Old 12-14-08, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
She's a woo girl!
Old 12-14-08, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

myspace?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=10472558

an interesting we site that seems to have many of the posts she made on myspace.
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1449877/...-Casey-Anthony

Last edited by whotony; 12-14-08 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-14-08, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
You can say what you want but damn_she is Hot.
Old 12-14-08, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

pregnancy was not kind to some of her.

Spoiler:
Old 12-14-08, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by whotony View Post
pregnancy was not kind to some of her.
Yup, just look at the shape underneath the flag a few posts up.
Old 12-14-08, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Daytripper View Post
The grand parents were on Larry King just Thursday night, the night before the body was found. Larry came out and asked "Where is the child's father?". First time I ever hear anyone ask this question. Apparently he died last year. And lived in another state. They didn't elaborate.
They interviewed the father on last fridays episode of Dateline. They were engaged then she called it off.
Old 12-14-08, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i saw that dateline.
i though they mentioned that he moved away after she dumped him
and there was a paternity test that proved he was not the father.

article.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26988149/

"When Casey Anthony became pregnant with Caylee,
she initially told Grund that he was the father.
Even though he didn’t think it was possible — they had broken up
before she became pregnant — he involved himself with
Caylee and treated her like a daughter.

“I petitioned for a paternity test, and there was
zero percent probability” that he was the father, he told Lauer.
He also explained why he took a paternal interest in
Caylee when she was born: “My attitude was, until
the paternity test comes out, I’m not going waste time
or miss out if this really is my child.”

Last edited by whotony; 12-14-08 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-14-08, 07:59 PM

That guy's name is Jesse... that's the third different man's name I've heard she claimed was the father.
Old 12-19-08, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Authorities confirm remains are Caylee Anthony

ORLANDO, Florida (CNN) -- The remains found in a wooded area last week in Orange County, Florida, are those of Caylee Anthony, authorities confirmed at a news conference Friday.

The announcement marks the end of a six-month search for the 2-year-old.

"It is with regret that I'm here to inform you that the skeletal remains found on December 1 are those of the missing toddler," Orange County Medical Examiner Dr. Jan Garavaglia said.

She said the cause of death was homicide, but she could not determine how Caylee was killed.

Casey Anthony, 22, faces charges including first-degree murder in the June disappearance of her daughter. Remains described as being those of a small child were found last week a half-mile from Casey Anthony's parents' home, in the area where a meter reader first directed police.

At Friday's news conference, police will identify the meter reader who, they said Thursday, called the department four months ago, directing them to the site of the remains three times in August.

At a Thursday news conference, Capt. Angelo Nieves, a Sheriff's Department commander, said investigators were looking into whether the tips, called in August 11, 12 and 13, were properly followed up.

In one of those phone calls, the meter reader reported seeing a gray bag on the side of the road, Nieves said. On August 13, a deputy responded to the site and did a "cursory search" but found nothing, Nieves said.

Nieves said police were getting more information from the tipster and the deputy who responded to the tips. He said the department was investigating the "thoroughness" of the deputy's response but would not identify the deputy.

The meter reader "is not a suspect," Nieves said. "He is a credible witness."

Nieves' latest announcement is raising questions about whether police missed several chances to find remains believed to be Caylee's.

The meter reader is not the only one, or the first, to have pointed police toward the site containing the remains.

KioMarie Cruz, Casey Anthony's childhood friend, also told police to investigate the same wooded area near Hidden Oaks Elementary School a month before the meter reader, according to CNN affiliate WFTV.

In an interview with detectives, according to WFTV, Cruz said that she and Anthony "pretty much used to hang out there most of our time," would "snack on food for hours" and went there to "get away from our parents."

The Sheriff's Department followed up on that tip, but the wooded area was covered in floodwaters, preventing a search. Nieves said the water may have been present at the time of the meter reader's tips as well.

Nieves also said Thursday that searchers combing the site after the skull's discovery had found "significant skeletal remains" consistent with those of a small child on the outer perimeter of the search area.

The area will be enlarged, and processing and searching of the site will continue, probably into the weekend, he said.

Some of the remains have been sent to the FBI lab in Quantico, Virginia, in an effort to identify them. Authorities have said the remains are believed to be Caylee's, but an identification is pending.

Sheriff's spokesman Carlos Padilla said last week that authorities believe the remains are Caylee's for three reasons: No other children have been reported missing in the area; the remains are consistent with those of a child of Caylee's age; and the remains were found near the home of the grandparents, where the 2-year-old and her mother were living just before Caylee disappeared.

FBI spokesman Richard Kolko said Monday that he did not know when tests would be complete, but an attorney for Anthony's parents said the FBI is likely to have results "within the next week."

Casey Anthony could face a sentence of life in prison if convicted. Prosecutors said this month that they would not seek the death penalty.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/19/...ony/index.html
I figured that they'd wait until the test results came back to make an announcement, but I guess not.
Old 12-19-08, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I heard that water meter guy won't get the reward because he dialed 911 and not the non-emergency number. Kind of a bummer for him.

Curious what that investigation will say - if they properly followed up on the tip or not.
Old 12-19-08, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
I heard that water meter guy won't get the reward because he dialed 911 and not the non-emergency number. Kind of a bummer for him.
Not too much of a bummer considering that they haven't charged him with anything (yet).
Old 12-19-08, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
That's just stupid. Give him the fucking reward.

Hell he should get SOMETHING since he had to call 2 or 3 times to convince them to comb the area.
Old 12-19-08, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
Not too much of a bummer considering that they haven't charged him with anything (yet).
Oh, my mistake. It was his supervisor who called 911. Think this was just the hotline reward.

But the bounty hunter (Padilla) seems to say that he'll write the guy a check.
http://www.wftv.com/news/18285004/detail.html#-
No Reward For Meter Reader Who Found Skull

Monday, December 15, 2008 – updated: 6:18 pm EST December 15, 2008
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- It was a meter reader who found the remains that could be Caylee Anthony. He's having a tough time and does not want to talk with the media and he is so disturbed by what he found his bosses have given him some time off of work.

When the Orange County meter reader discovered a skull in the woods not too far from Caylee Anthony's home his supervisor called 911.

That phone call makes the meter reader ineligible for a $5,000 Crimeline reward. To collect the reward, you have to call Crimeline first before you call 911.

"You have to initiate a tip with Crimeline at 1-800-423-TIPS," explained Detective Barb Bergin, Crimeline. "We don't have enough money to pay rewards to everyone who calls 911."

Bergin encourages people to call 911 if there is an emergency, but Crimeline calls are answered 24 hours a day.

"As calls come in, if it's something that needs an emergency or needs law enforcement, we have people in place for that to happen immediately," Bergin said.

Bounty hunter Leonard Padilla offered a $50,000 reward for Caylee's body, but pulled the money when people complained searchers were tearing up their yards looking for remains.

"I don't want to get sued," Padilla said.

Still, Padilla plans thinks the meter reader deserves some kind of reward and he plans to write him a check if the remains belong to Caylee.

"It's going to be a figure between five and ten grand involved easily," he said. "Nobody looks at bags out here in these palmettos, they just walk by it. This guy had the foresight to go over and do it."

Crimeline detectives told Eyewitness News they never make exceptions. You have to call the tip line first if you want to be eligible for a reward. While they have received complaints from people who called 911 first and then tried to collect the money, they always stick to their policy.

Crimeline has achieved a lot fighting crime in Central Florida. During the last year, Crimeline tips have generated 1,100 arrests and solved 1,200 cases.

Crimeline gave out $340,000 in rewards. That money comes from a trust fund in the Attorney General's Office.
Old 12-19-08, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Bounty hunter Leonard Padilla offered a $50,000 reward for Caylee's body, but pulled the money when people complained searchers were tearing up their yards looking for remains.

"I don't want to get sued," Padilla said.

Still, Padilla plans thinks the meter reader deserves some kind of reward and he plans to write him a check if the remains belong to Caylee.
Looks like this Meter Reader has a 20% Sizzler coupon heading his way!

That guy's name is Jesse... that's the third different man's name I've heard she claimed was the father.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.