Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Child's body found near Caylee Anthony's home

Old 12-12-08, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So sad. How someone could do this to an innocent child is beyond my comprehension.
Old 12-12-08, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Maybe Nebraska should keep its liberal child abandonment law. I wonder how many Caylees are alive today because of it. I'd given this bitch the bus fare last spring if I had know what she was about to do.

Or if she just told her parents that she couldn't handle it, I'm sure they would have adopted the girl. She had support. Just let the kid live.
Old 12-12-08, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by ernestrp View Post
Be interesting to see what happens next. I mean, to see if her grandparents are involved to. It sounds possible to me since they said there might be fingerprints on the duct tape and they removed alot of stuff from grandparents home and something to do with vacuum cleaners.
The grandmother called the cops on her. Listening to the 911 call I think that there is very little chance they were involved.
Old 12-12-08, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
That's crazy.

Fox News and Headlines News have this case on almost 24/7. It's disgusting to think a mother could do this to her child.
It is also disgusting how much media coverage this whole thing is getting.
Old 12-12-08, 09:36 PM

This was posted in September:
Haven’t posted for a few days, but thought I would share this with the posters here, this is a pretty good scoop and it does answer some questions I know we all ask.

An FBI source working closely on the case has told me so much more than what has been released.

As some of you may recall I had said a couple of weeks ago I was going to contact someone that was working the case.

According to my source in the FBI they have evidence that Casey had used both chloroform & Xanax to drug Caylee, also that according to evidence Caylee had been in the trunk for 11 days, this according to the CSI test results done on the trunk.

The also have evidence that Caylee was at at least 2 drug & sex parties, and had been knocked out on drugs.

Traces of BOTH Chloroform & Xanax were discovered in the trunk of the car in the body fluids tested.

ALSO Casey had ask jesse grund through text messages about Xanax, street name Zanny.

They also have some as he called them Shocking photos.

They want the Corpse because hair would tell the levels of the drug in the baby.

They also think she did dump the body in a “NEARBY SWAMPY AREA INFESTED WITH ALLIGATORS”. And that MURDER charges are definitely next to come soon. Caylee was found in a watery, swampy area.

I am not going to swear but I think the photos they have may be of the parties he told me about where they know Caylee was present and knocked out with drugs.

He described them as drug & sex orgies.

We have Caylee visiting her great gr-father on the 15th last date proven alive.

By doing the simple math we no have her placing the body in the trunk on the 17th.

The CSI test show the varied levels of decomp the trunk was exposed to as 11 days.

So we know the car was towed on the 27th and the body was removed at that time.

So she dumped the body during those early am hours of the 27th, since it was in the lot at 7am when the worker first came in.

So, was she tying to bury her then, and decided against it or was she digging her up and moving her?

I am leaning toward she was going to bury her and it was to much work for her sorry ass so she put her in the trunk and drove around with her body for 11 days.

The hair samples in the trunk were small, they have enough to prove the dosing.

he said the hair in the truck did confirm it was from a dead body, and did test positive for the 2 substances.

And was Caylees.

They really want to find the corpse, because more extensive testing could be done, but have grave doubts in ever doing so because of where they believe she disposed of the body.

He also explained that they determined the time frame of 11 days from the CSI test done on the hair & body fluids.

In answer to the person who ask why he would talk to me, because we know each other from years ago.
If this is true I hope Casey gets tried and executed in the most painful, unconstitutional manner possible. Maybe let some bamboo grow through her, Mythbusters style. I don't care.

I'm going to hug my daughter now and try to forget that such horrible people exist.

Last edited by Pistol Pete; 12-12-08 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-12-08, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm just wondering why she did it - to drug her own daughter and go to that length. I mean, what goes through your mind?

Whatever happens they'll probably just use some insanity defense or the fact that she's a pill-popping animal and she didn't know what she was doing.
Old 12-12-08, 10:41 PM

Such a cute kid. I'm pretty sure she would have been adopted in a heartbeat if her mother would have given her up, rather than killed her. There's a special place in Hell for people like this and I hope the women she resides with in prison make it a living hell for her there.
Old 12-12-08, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post

I assume this involves a cute white girl gone missing.
Yeah, that's usually the case.

Even The Onion notices these things. (It took me a minute to remember this was was probably based on the Jonbenet Ramsey case, since it was from '97).

Last edited by Dave7393; 12-12-08 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-13-08, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm just wondering why she did it - to drug her own daughter and go to that length. I mean, what goes through your mind?
Yeah, that will be interesting to find out.

Just looking at the case, she seems like exactly the kind of druggie shithead that would fob her kid off to her parents while spends her twenties partying, so I don't quite see a motive for her to dispose of her daughter by murdering her.

It sounds like the daughter might have been drugged and overdosed -- either she got into Mommy's stash, or Casey was drugging her to control her. And then she panicked and got rid of the body.

Or someone else killed her, like a boyfriend or other acquaintance, and Casey disposed the body and covered up the murder.
Old 12-13-08, 08:26 AM

Whatever happens they'll probably just use some insanity defense or the fact that she's a pill-popping animal and she didn't know what she was doing.
TV shows aside, insanity defenses are rarely used. Mainly because they hardly ever work.
Old 12-13-08, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Dave7393 View Post
Yeah, that's usually the case.
I think the publicity wrinkle in this case has less to do with the girl, who was/is cute, than with the mother, who is attractive. If Mom looking something like this:

this would not have risen to "National Obsession of the Month" status.
Old 12-13-08, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Lastyear View Post
TV shows aside, insanity defenses are rarely used. Mainly because they hardly ever work.
In most cases, there is no longer any real value in using them. Not only is it a difficult affirmitive defense to pull off (as you point out), but it necessitates an admission of having committed the act(s) that are the core of the charges and the defendent is likely to get about as much time anyway, except partially or entirely spent in an asylum.
Old 12-13-08, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So I guess the idea is that they usually doped the child rather than hiring a baby sitter, and overdid it the last time?

I suppose that would be manslaughter... no, first-degree. It's causing a death while committing another crime.
Old 12-13-08, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Something that I dont get is, if the mother was drugging her kid to be able to go out and party, why would there be duct tape on the mouth of the body that was found? That doesn't seem to fit the scenerio of accidentally killing her. I'll bet they end up putting the death penalty back on the table.
Old 12-13-08, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well, the defense would argue the mother put tape on the mouth of the kid just to shut the kid up...not intending to kill. Gross negligence and manslaughter, but not murder. In other words, I don't think duct tape would exclusively prove premeditation. There should be more evidence.

For example, putting rat poison in a child's breakfast cereal every single day until the date of the child's death. That prove's premeditation. And since the chemical says RAT POISON on the box, it's hard to think the mother was simply using it as an alternative to sugar.
Old 12-13-08, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I suppose that's true but what if you add it to the fact that she removed a ton of pics of her daughter from her MySpace page? That sounds like someone who was intending to no longer have a child.
Old 12-13-08, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

speaking of, why hasnt that myspace been posted here yet?
Old 12-13-08, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
The grandmother called the cops on her. Listening to the 911 call I think that there is very little chance they were involved.
They (Caylee's grandparents) are most definitely involved. The grandfather (Casey's father) is a retired police officer who was either involved or so inept that he makes Barney Fife look like Sherlock Holmes. After the initial call to 911, the grandmother changed her story and defended her daughter... at the moment she changed her story, she knew what the truth was.

I'm pretty sure that the grandfather knew from the beginning, the grandmother knew shortly after the story gained national attention. To cover up the murder of their granddaughter for the sake of their daughter is sick and twisted.
Old 12-13-08, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The grand parents were on Larry King just Thursday night, the night before the body was found. Larry came out and asked "Where is the child's father?". First time I ever hear anyone ask this question. Apparently he died last year. And lived in another state. They didn't elaborate.
Old 12-13-08, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
We have a Pic of this hot mom?

Old 12-13-08, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by nazz View Post
I suppose that's true but what if you add it to the fact that she removed a ton of pics of her daughter from her MySpace page? That sounds like someone who was intending to no longer have a child.
Well, this the additional evidence I was referring to. The example of duct tape wouldn't be exclusive of premeditated murder, but then we include her removing images of her daughter from a website over time, and then if we add a series of other behaviors, then yes, the case for murder one becomes more possible. Of course, note a defense can come up with reasonable explanations for even the removal of images.

What we need are statements by her which have been repeated to friends who can testify in court. All the jury would need to hear is her saying she wished her daughter was dead, and then the prosecution uses the other circumstancial evidence to piece her premeditation.

And of course, fingerprints of the accused on the duct tape and body of the girl would help.
Old 12-13-08, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They could possibly get her DNA from the duct tape as well. I would think a statement like you described is unlikely since it likely would have come out by now. Maybe there are people who she didn't tell she had a kid or even told them she didn't though. I realize that wouldn't carry the same weight though. It actually may be that she put the duct tape over the mouth after the accidental death to fit better with her fabricated story about the abduction. If they find actual trauma to the body, such as a skull fracture or broken bones, it would take this to yet another level.
Old 12-14-08, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
We have a Pic of this hot mom?

(Caution: Butt Cleavage)
Spoiler:
Old 12-14-08, 12:34 AM

She's hot and all, but even in those pictures you can tell she is a fucking crazy.
Old 12-14-08, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LivingINClip View Post
She's hot and all, but even in those pictures you can tell she is a fucking crazy.
Oh, absolutely .... as a loon.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.