Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Creeepiest Guy Ever?

Old 08-19-08, 07:43 AM
  #51  
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Wheaton MD
Posts: 16,215
Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
Still seems to be there.
Huh? Wait, how did I modify your post? Am I a secret mod now?
matta is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 08:00 AM
  #52  
Enormous Genitals
 
Bandoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Posts: 32,901
Originally Posted by matta View Post
Huh? Wait, how did I modify your post? Am I a secret mod now?

Can't be, your name isn't Josh.
Bandoman is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 08:36 AM
  #53  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: The Money Pit
Posts: 8,159
Originally Posted by Kittydreamer View Post
Consider your post reported. Mrs. D is allowed her opinion.
I realize she's your friend and all but surely you can see were she obviously had sex abuse issues as a child. It's either that or she advocates molesting children considering the context of the video shown. As a parent I'm rather appalled at her irrational defense of that man.
vaporware is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 08:42 AM
  #54  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 353
Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger View Post
I'm sorry, but the idea that having been molested is a life sentence is absurd. Sure, you can't undo it, but you can deal with it, and move on with your life. A person who has been abused is NOT "damaged goods". They can become a strong, whole person again, and I found that part of the article particularly enraging.
I'm sure you could learn to type in this forum if I came over and chopped off your left hand, but no matter how well you type, it will never be like you are typing with 2 hands again. You may post as well as anyone else, maybe as well as you did before, but you will still be doing it differently. It's a life sentence no matter whether you adjust and type with one hand, or throw your keyboard out the window and never type again. It's still there and it changed you regardless of how well you adjust.
emptysky is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 09:09 AM
  #55  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 6,306
Just throwing this out there...not defending anyone nor am I railing on anyone so don't kill me please.

I know all about this guy too and he's a seriously sick s.o.b.

In response to the whole "life sentence/ruined for life" thing one of the victims was 16 right? As was stated earlier, many 16 year olds have already been sexually active for quite some time. Although both are obviously crimes, sex with a 16 or 17 year old, in my opinion, is "less" of a crime than an 8 year old or, in this case, a 13 year old. My reasoning is that the 16 year old at least some idea of what's going on. Again, not advocating it in an way shape or form, but I do believe there is a difference.

Obviously there are cases where 16 year olds get seriously messed up over something like this, but let's say the 16 year old was molested by his FEMALE teacher. Just by reading this forum we all know that happens practically every week. Or for that matter what if the 16 year old was molested by ANY female? Would the 16 year old be labeled "damaged goods" and would we be having this debate about whether or not it was a life altering event? My guess would be no. Some on here would be giving the 16 year old a virtual high-5...based on pics of the woman of course.

My point is that, taking the creepiness and utter craziness of the guy out of the equation, some people on here seem to be saying that homosexual molestation is somehow worse that heterosexual molestation. Why would that be? Molestation is molestation. You could use the argument that one 16 year old wanted to have sex with his female teacher. I mean Hell, thinking back to when I was 16 I had some seriously hot teachers and would have LOVED it if I was "molested" by one of them. Trust me I would have enjoyed it. Well maybe this particular 16 year old was, in fact, homosexual and had had sex with other boys his own age before. If that's true then his mindset after the molestation shouldn't be thought of any differently than any of the countless 16 year old boys that have been molested by older women.

It's either that or for some reason people think that males that molest children and underage people are somehow worse than females that do the same thing. That's not fair either. Again, molestation is molestation regardless of gender and/or sexual orientation.
whoopdido is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 09:19 AM
  #56  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: The Money Pit
Posts: 8,159
The guy said there should be no age limit on having sex. That included children as young as five.
vaporware is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 09:51 AM
  #57  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Nick Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 22,157
http://marcellous.wordpress.com/2007...jerk-reaction/

This blog posts some background information. Geoffrey Leonard responds.

It looks like Leonard is being charged with publishing pornography. "Publishing" means something putting on his website. "Pornography" means the police reports from his previous conviction.

He's a creep. He tries to seduce teenagers. He's campaigning to get the age of consent laws changed. But if that is the best case the Australian government can manage, it looks like he isn't doing anything wrong.
Nick Danger is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 10:24 AM
  #58  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: gloucester, uk
Posts: 2,154
Originally Posted by Bandoman View Post
This guy has made himself a public figure by writing books to try to change the laws re: age of consent. He is openly advocating a policy that no child is too young to have sex. That, coupled with his unrepentant attitude towards his crime, makes him a current news story.
i disagree fundamentally with his ideas, however being a public figure isn't an invitation to harassment. there was an interesting case of a british journo who carried out similar harassment programs who was then targetted in the same way by one of his victims. the journo totally lost control revealing his cowardace without a microphone to hide behind. i don't think anyone looks good in this affair. the mob mentality of some in this thread doesn't help anyone.
Burnt Thru is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 10:33 AM
  #59  
Moderator
 
Giles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 33,489
Originally Posted by KillerCannibal View Post
I'll bet he has a huge unit.

We seriously need an international molester hit squad to take guys like this out for good.
and blast their nuts into oblivion.
Giles is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 10:56 AM
  #60  
DVD Talk Legend
 
sracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
Posts: 12,748
Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger View Post
I'm sorry, but the idea that having been molested is a life sentence is absurd. Sure, you can't undo it, but you can deal with it, and move on with your life. A person who has been abused is NOT "damaged goods". They can become a strong, whole person again, and I found that part of the article particularly enraging.
The attitude expressed by this post does not surprise me.
sracer is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 12:16 PM
  #61  
DVD Talk Hero
 
El Scorcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 39,628
Originally Posted by Kittydreamer View Post
Consider your post reported.
You owe Whogirl some royalties now.
El Scorcho is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 12:18 PM
  #62  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 17,006
Consider all your posts reported, biotches.
Rockmjd23 is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 01:00 PM
  #63  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 20,940
Originally Posted by waporvare View Post
surely you can see were she obviously had sex abuse issues as a child. It's either that or she advocates molesting children considering the context of the video shown.
That's disgusting.

I cannot see how you could possibly justify a jump to either of these conclusions, nor do I recognize the authority from which you are fallaciously attempting to define Mrs. D's position in terms of your poor "either-or" argument. At best, your comments are based on ignorance of the very aspects of Mrs. D's personal life that you purport to be an "expert" in. At worst, your comments are disingenuous and border on being personally offensive.

You can agree or disagree with someone, but you should target the facts and your own personal experiences and opinions, rather than make blanket statements about something as violently personal as allegations of past sexual abuse issues another member may or may not have had as a child.
kenbuzz is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 01:09 PM
  #64  
DVD Talk Hero
 
El Scorcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 39,628
I'm pretty sure now more than ever that Mrs. Danger was a proponent of the Third Reich.

/Hitler'd
El Scorcho is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 01:11 PM
  #65  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,343
I didn't think that was out of line. Looking at responses to her posts, it seems like most people here were assuming that Mrs. Danger was taking a pro-molestation stance, which is obviously not the case. Right or wrong, I had come to the same conclusion as waporvare. Again, it's an assumption, but when someone cares about the subject that much and has that empowering attitude that victims don't have to consider themselves victims forever, I would assume that either they or someone they care about has been the victim of sexual abuse.
GoVegan is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 01:31 PM
  #66  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 3,879
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
They should ship that guy off to a penal colony.
Somewhere like Australia back in the day?
dieinafire is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 01:31 PM
  #67  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 20,940
Originally Posted by GoVegan
I didn't think that was out of line.
We disagree, okay. Whether you or I or anyone else is pro- or anti-Mrs. D is beside the point, and isn't really the issue here. Forget "empowering victims" or "excusing molesters" for a minute, and focus instead on the response.

Waporvare made an unsupporable and (at least ot me) reprehensible comment regarding someone "obviously" having been molested as a child. That's out of bounds, period, and was uncalled for.
kenbuzz is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 01:51 PM
  #68  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: gloucester, uk
Posts: 2,154
the issue stirs up deep feelings. i remember someone threatening to have me violently raped by his friend's dogs then tossed off the cliff of his mansion, on another forum. that particular fella was a convicted sex offender, incidentally. the internet is certainly some strange waters..

btw the bile directed at mrs danger is ridiculous, but to be expected. a very funny program taking the piss out of the mob mentality displayed by some in this thread is the brass eye pedophile special. it received huge condemnation when it was released in britain because it was assumed (as some fools have in this thread) that it was advocating pedophilia, when in reality it was debunking the gungho attitude of the pitchfork brigade. btw, during that particular media campaign there was more than one pediatrician accidentally targetted by vigilante mobs. i'm so glad to be british!
Burnt Thru is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 02:49 PM
  #69  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: The Money Pit
Posts: 8,159
Originally Posted by kenbuzz View Post
We disagree, okay. Whether you or I or anyone else is pro- or anti-Mrs. D is beside the point, and isn't really the issue here. Forget "empowering victims" or "excusing molesters" for a minute, and focus instead on the response.

Waporvare made an unsupporable and (at least ot me) reprehensible comment regarding someone "obviously" having been molested as a child. That's out of bounds, period, and was uncalled for.
Well, reading between the lines she either advocates child molestation, which I doubt, or she is saying someone can survive child molestation and become a better person, or she has a relative or someone close to her that was accused of child molestation.

I don't need to investigate the facts. The word "obviously" may have been a bit much in that context so allow me to rephrase it for you. She obviously has a deep seeded emotional response on the subject matter which most likely is based on something that occurred in her life at some point.

So, let's forget her for a moment.

I don't believe a child ever gets over being molested. I believe they learn to adapt, survive, move on, and if they are fortunate find a way to trust and love someone without hang ups. But those memories never just go away. I should know, I was molested as a child.

As for not pestering pedophiles because they did their time in prison. Well, I work in prisons, child molesters may as well have the plague there. No matter the race, gang affiliation, or age, all inmates hate them. There's no way in hell I would want one near my home, but there are some close by, and that bothers me, because I have a daughter. And if there was one near me that screamed to the high hills that it should be legal, and wrote books to that fact, they would be run out of the county if not killed outright where I live.

And anyone that would take up for someone like that has issues. So you'll excuse me if I don't kowtow to your PG view of the world and acquiesce to her views of child molesters and victims.
vaporware is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 03:25 PM
  #70  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: gloucester, uk
Posts: 2,154
Originally Posted by waporvare View Post
She obviously has a deep seeded emotional response on the subject matter
yep, she's the one getting emotional in this thread.
Burnt Thru is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 03:46 PM
  #71  
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
mbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,519
Originally Posted by waporvare View Post
or she is saying someone can survive child molestation and become a better person, or she has a relative or someone close to her that was accused of child molestation.
Does not follow.

I don't agree with her, but just because someone has a strong opinion doesn't mean they have any actual experience (on either side of the equation) in such matters.
mbs is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 03:52 PM
  #72  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Work. Or commuting. Certainly not at home.
Posts: 17,816
Originally Posted by mbs View Post
Does not follow.

I don't agree with her, but just because someone has a strong opinion doesn't mean they have any actual experience (on either side of the equation) in such matters.
No, but it does make you wonder. It's either that or she's about as clueless as a human being can get on this subject.
wildcatlh is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 04:04 PM
  #73  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Formerly known as "brizz"/kck
Posts: 23,425
FWIW, i assumed Mrs. D. was abused as well....it was either that or she's a pedophile, which I highly doubt...it seems a rather obvious inference from her posts to me.
HistoryProf is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 04:12 PM
  #74  
DVD Talk Legend
 
The Infidel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Posts: 11,401
Not to change the subject too drastically, but in keeping with the basic question of the thread title, I'd like to nominate this guy as creepiest ever:

The Infidel is offline  
Old 08-19-08, 04:21 PM
  #75  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: At the beach
Posts: 6,091
Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger View Post
I'm sorry, but the idea that having been molested is a life sentence is absurd. Sure, you can't undo it, but you can deal with it, and move on with your life. A person who has been abused is NOT "damaged goods". They can become a strong, whole person again, and I found that part of the article particularly enraging.
i think its this post in particular that had lead people to believe that she has had some personal experience with this. otherwise why would this part make her 'enraged'?
happycamper is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.