Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

These reserved parking spaces are getting out of hand

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

These reserved parking spaces are getting out of hand

Old 07-24-08, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by joltaddict
If everybody thinks youre an asshole... you may want to rethink your Im Not An Asshole Theory. Because you just might be one.
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Minor Threat
Hey we all know MACD23 isn't the sharpest crayon in the box.....
i'm pretty sure he's probably got a lifetime handicapped license himself. if not he should have one, since his ability to reason seems severely impaired - though maybe he rides the short bus so he doesn't need it
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joltaddict
If everybody thinks youre an asshole... you may want to rethink your Im Not An Asshole Theory. Because you just might be one.
Old 07-24-08, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cool Kitten
Dude, why on Earth did you decide that you're on my ingore list?
When have i ever ignored you? Nothing but love babe...

not for a lack of trying....!

Old 07-24-08, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by MACD23

Well done, unfortunately I have a girlfriend, a nice place, and a well paying job, so you fail.

Oh but wait until the day your girlfriend might need it then it will be different. I am sorry that you got your shorts twisted because they did not make a parking place for inconsiderate male pigs just for you!
Old 07-24-08, 10:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wildcatlh
btw:

On private property, I would support white-only, black-only, man-only, woman-only, transvestite-only, muslim-only, christian-only, asian-only, conservative-only, liberal-only, or any other parking configuration you want. Generally people who consider themselves to be conservative care about private property rights and care about allowing people to do as they see fit with their personal property. You, however, seem to dislike property owners having the right to do such things. How conservative is that?

Depends there pal, we talking private property like Augusta golf club, or Shaws supermarkets? Clearly allowing race, ethnicity, gender based rules for some places would be out of place, no? Or shall we have 167 supermarkets in each town for all the world's nationalities? And double that, one for men and one for women? There is a line in the sand that even I can respect.
Old 07-24-08, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bushdog
lol, we're all sure you do. Really. We believe you, uh-huh. BTW, say hi to your bro on the bottom bunk for us.

BWAhahahahahhahahaha!!!!!

Old 07-24-08, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

not for a lack of trying....!

try harder
Old 07-24-08, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk God

If she can see this thread, poor Rosa Parks is rolling in grave.
Old 07-24-08, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Depends there pal, we talking private property like Augusta golf club, or Shaws supermarkets? Clearly allowing race, ethnicity, gender based rules for some places would be out of place, no? Or shall we have 167 supermarkets in each town for all the world's nationalities? And double that, one for men and one for women? There is a line in the sand that even I can respect.
Well... yes. Private property like Augusta National, Shaw's Supermarkets, Burger King, Wal-Mart, or any other non-government property you want to talk about. If I want to open a restaurant and only allow white people, or only allow black people, why should it be the government's business to stop me from doing that? Now, if individuals boycott my business and force me to either go out of business (due to lack of business) or change my business practices, that's the free market.
Old 07-24-08, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

WEll it looks like I've upset the happy little family over at DVDtalk, all sticking up for one another tonight! Fantastic!

Goodnight DVDtalk family!

Don't forget to tuck in your blow up doll....!
Old 07-24-08, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
If you think being a man means being able to stand up to your woman, you have a lot to learn. There is much, much more to it. Which is why I suggested that you silence yourself if not reconsider your position. You would at least give the appearance of true masculinity and not that of a run-of-the-mill jerk.

Consider that your 8 month pregnant wife needs to run to the store. She is carrying around an extra 20 pounds of your child everywhere she goes. Her back hurts, her feet hurt, she's oozing out of her breasts, and she is perpetually exhausted. Her emotions are on a rollercoaster and she sometimes bursts into tears for no apparent reason. Wouldn't she appreciate that the owner of the store saw fit to provide a space for her near the door instead of forcing her to park way out in the lot?

A real man treats every woman he meets with the same level of respect and care that he would afford his own wife. He appreciates that every pregnant woman who shops at this store is being treated with consideration. And he doesn't whine about having to walk an extra 100 feet or so.

Let's try a different approach and appeal to your interest in your girlfriend. She is watching how you act toward other women. She may not be aware of it, but every time you gripe about special treatment afforded to other women, she is thinking that is how you're going to eventually treat her. Are you going to be supportive or are you going complain?

I'm guessing she latched onto you because your opinions and bravado outwardly appeared as confidence. She liked the fact that you seem so self-assured. This makes her feel safe; you appear strong. You also appeal as a bit of a bad boy.

Now that she is with you, she is evaluating you as a potential long-term mate. Someone to share her life with and to be her partner. She wants someone who is considerate and thoughtful as well as strong and self-assured. This is the stage where she tries to turn her bad boy into a prince. Rarely does this actually happen.

What will happen is that she will get tired of the inane comments and the obnoxious behavior. It may happen while you are dating, or after you get married. But unless you recognize it and change it, she will get fed up and leave you.

Why don't you show her this message and ask her what she thinks. If she is honest, her response may surprise you.
i'm pretty sure she doesn't mind....you'll understand once you see her....here's a recent shot of the MACD clan:

Old 07-24-08, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Any of those things should be allowed - it should be up to the property owner. Now I might bitch about said rules for race, ethnic, gender or religious based private discrimination (in which case, the business would only be fucking their own profits and soon find themselves out of business - thank you free market), but for something as harmless as a couple of pregnant women parking spaces, why give a fuck? If it really bothers you that much, then don't patronize the business.

Last edited by Red Dog; 07-24-08 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-24-08, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm surprised this thread has only had one mod warning.
Old 07-24-08, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
but for something as harmless as a couple of pregnant women parking spaces, why give a fuck?

Oh my Gawd! Red Dog dropped the F-BOMB.....

Old 07-24-08, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk God

I don't get it?
Old 07-24-08, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I don't get it?

Hey, we're family friendly now - didn't you see the expectant mother and family parking spaces? You can't drop teh "fuck" word in here!!!!!
Old 07-24-08, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hey we all know MACD23 isn't the sharpest crayon in the box.....
And politely, fuck you for bringing crayons into this thread.
Old 07-24-08, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mndtrp
I'm surprised this thread has only had one mod warning.
It's a conspiracy.
Old 07-24-08, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Preacher
And politely, fuck you for bringing crayons into this thread.

Who's your huckleberry....?

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=33

Originally Posted by Preacher
I may be able to find you a crayon. Ponderin' a few options.
Old 07-24-08, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wanted to get a handicapped parking permit, oddly enough hemorrhoids aren't considered a handicap. Such a pain in the ass.
Old 07-24-08, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've got one - I broke my leg about 6 weeks ago - I don't use it much, but the cool thing is they give you two, in case you have two cars or you're riding in someone else's car. I gave it to my wife (who's perfectly F-I-N-E) she uses it all the time. Hell I told her to, I mean what the hell, it's a legal placcard and I've got two so why the heck not? I find in my recovery that it's best if I park at the back of the lot where there are few cars and exercise my leg back to full functionality as my non-lazy, non-self-entitled ass walks/hobbles the distance. Seriously, I'm no pussy that needs to feel like I should park close instead of someone that really does need that option. Fuck it - if I'm not using it at least my 3&2 baseball hauling wife can take our kid and the carpoool to the mall and buy the newest Nikes without the inconvenience of walking across the parking lot like an old blind man. Time is money - I got the tag - wacha gonna do about it?

I can't wait to hang that placcard from my motorcycle in a handicapped spot.....
Old 07-24-08, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

*sigh*

Sorry.
Old 07-24-08, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So yeah, these spots are typically seen at maternity shops, toy stores, grocery stores...I think if you're getting all riled up over parking for expecting moms, you might want to check down below to make sure they're still there.
Old 07-25-08, 12:13 AM
Banned

they should just make them for seniors. i see too many young healthy people parking in handy cap spots all over.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.