Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

What's your unpopular opinion?

Old 06-09-19, 04:11 PM
  #1226  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
tasha99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: the North
Posts: 5,790
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial View Post
Feelings are never more important than science or facts.
Disagree. This world runs on relationships. Yes, science and facts are important, but if you can't account for feelings on some issues, you will get nowhere. Someone who can balance the value of feelings (especially other people's feelings) with facts is far more likely to be a successful leader or boss, and far more likely to have happy relationships with their romantic partners, parents, and kids than someone who just says the facts are the facts and feelings don't matter.
tasha99 is offline  
Old 06-09-19, 04:17 PM
  #1227  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Nick Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 21,969
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

Originally Posted by Mabuse View Post
I thought of a good one this morning.

Wish You Were Here > Dark Side
I agree with this.
Nick Danger is offline  
Old 06-10-19, 02:46 PM
  #1228  
Dan
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: \_(ツ)_/
Posts: 19,316
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

Originally Posted by tasha99 View Post
Disagree. This world runs on relationships. Yes, science and facts are important, but if you can't account for feelings on some issues, you will get nowhere. Someone who can balance the value of feelings (especially other people's feelings) with facts is far more likely to be a successful leader or boss, and far more likely to have happy relationships with their romantic partners, parents, and kids than someone who just says the facts are the facts and feelings don't matter.
Couldn't have said it better. Also, public figures that use this facts over feelings rhetoric tend to get really upset when the facts don't line up with their feelings.


Unrelated unpopular opinion:
This website has too many subforums for the size of its active community.
Dan is offline  
Old 06-10-19, 04:01 PM
  #1229  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 56,910
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

70's Natural > 90's Bald

Giantrobo is online now  
Old 06-13-19, 01:06 AM
  #1230  
Political Exile
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Toronto
Posts: 15,187
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
70's Natural > 90's Bald

Darn tootin'! But we've all discussed this before. I think bush-lovers are the majority here at DT. C'mon, which of us geezers can get hard for a shaved vagina?
Norm de Plume is offline  
Old 06-13-19, 11:06 AM
  #1231  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 29,529
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
Darn tootin'! But we've all discussed this before. I think bush-lovers are the majority here at DT. C'mon, which of us geezers can get hard for a shaved vagina?


Smooth as a baby's bottom > Shrubbery which requires a machete
eXcentris is offline  
Old 06-13-19, 02:58 PM
  #1232  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Bluelitespecial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 7,357
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

Au Natural over being shaved or waxed? Sorry but No.
Bluelitespecial is offline  
Old 06-13-19, 03:15 PM
  #1233  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GoldenJCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Colorado
Posts: 13,268
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
70's Natural > 90's Bald

Can we compromise and say 80s trimmed?
GoldenJCJ is offline  
Old 06-13-19, 03:45 PM
  #1234  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,965
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

Desert landscaping is better than maintaining a lawn.
Jon2 is offline  
Old 06-13-19, 04:56 PM
  #1235  
Political Exile
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Toronto
Posts: 15,187
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post
Spoiler:


Smooth as a baby's bottom > Shrubbery which requires a machete
C'mon, if I'm not mistaken you have at least a decade on me! I can understand maybe the whippersnappers, who don't know any different, having a preference for it, but not us oldsters. There's something extremely sexy to me about a nice dark bush, but within limits. I like a triangular shape to the bush, and I don't like the hair to have migrated over to the legs or around the vulva. That should be groomed, ideally. A neat inverted triangle of curly black hair above the vagina does it for me, but most dudes are probably not nearly as picky.
I should mention that I have no real-world experience. This is all in terms of visual arousal.
Norm de Plume is offline  
Old 06-13-19, 07:36 PM
  #1236  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JeffTheAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 10,696
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

I hate Tiffany Hadish and she is not funny

I hope she would go away
JeffTheAlpaca is offline  
Old 06-16-19, 04:12 AM
  #1237  
Political Exile
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,101
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

I like raw corn on the cob.
grundle is offline  
Old 06-16-19, 11:33 AM
  #1238  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 29,529
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
I should mention that I have no real-world experience. This is all in terms of visual arousal.
Here you go:



eXcentris is offline  
Old 06-16-19, 11:59 AM
  #1239  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Posts: 16,661
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

License to ill = sucks
Pauls Boutique = masterpiece
Everything afterward = mediocre
Mabuse is offline  
Old 06-16-19, 01:45 PM
  #1240  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 29,529
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial View Post
Feelings are never more important than science or facts. (Sheldon Cooper)
Fixed.

eXcentris is offline  
Old 06-16-19, 08:29 PM
  #1241  
Political Exile
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Toronto
Posts: 15,187
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post
Here you go:
Might be worth a visit, but I'm not a lecher, notwithstanding my excessively descriptive previous post.

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but the type of light switch on the left is much better than the one on the right, which I find not nearly as tactile:

Norm de Plume is offline  
Old 06-17-19, 12:25 AM
  #1242  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Kurt D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,408
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

The Thing is every bit the equal of Alien. (Probably not an unpopular opinion, just was thinking of it while watching The Thing ...)

I disagree totally with your light switch take, Norm, BT-Dubs.
Kurt D is offline  
Old 06-17-19, 11:36 AM
  #1243  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
andicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,497
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
Might be worth a visit, but I'm not a lecher, notwithstanding my excessively descriptive previous post.

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but the type of light switch on the left is much better than the one on the right, which I find not nearly as tactile:

I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion, either, but I wholeheartedly agree. Despite replacing many in my home, I've only got one that resembles the latter, and that's because it's a wifi switch. It still annoys me to use it manually.
andicus is offline  
Old 06-17-19, 11:58 AM
  #1244  
Dan
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: \_(ツ)_/
Posts: 19,316
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

My cats like to chew on the type on the left. They cannot chew the type on the right.
Therefore, the right is better, factually, for me, subjectively.
Dan is offline  
Old 06-17-19, 12:03 PM
  #1245  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 29,529
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

Gladiator > GOT
eXcentris is offline  
Old 06-17-19, 12:10 PM
  #1246  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 70,684
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

Originally Posted by Mabuse View Post
License to ill = sucks
Pauls Boutique = masterpiece
Everything afterward = mediocre
With the exception of the first opinion, I think most would agree.
Groucho is offline  
Old 06-17-19, 12:19 PM
  #1247  
DVD Talk Legend
 
mspmms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana and still checking my emails
Posts: 13,225
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
My cats like to chew on the type on the left.

Just how big are your cats?
mspmms is offline  
Old 06-17-19, 12:25 PM
  #1248  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 56,910
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

Women should put the seat UP when they're done.

- The idea that only men need to have seat etiquette is sexist.
- Women can drip on the seat too so they should also check the seat.
Giantrobo is online now  
Old 06-17-19, 01:15 PM
  #1249  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
nando820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 4,262
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

I love Adam Sandler movies!
nando820 is offline  
Old 06-17-19, 01:21 PM
  #1250  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
andicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,497
Re: What's your unpopular opinion?

Originally Posted by mspmms View Post

Just how big are your cats?

andicus is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.