Reload this Page >

Aware that you are Dreaming

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 05-07-08, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you do things you wouldn't in real life when you are aware you are dreaming. You know like killing peopling, stealing cars, flying around like superman.

The last time I was aware I was dreaming I turned a car into a super car and drove around the city at super fast speed.
Old 05-07-08, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I haven't had a lucid dream in a very long time.
Old 05-07-08, 08:07 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Do you do things you wouldn't in real life when you are aware you are dreaming. You know like killing peopling, stealing cars, flying around like superman.

The last time I was aware I was dreaming I turned a car into a super car and drove around the city at super fast speed.
So you wouldn't turn a car into a super car? Lame.

But, yeah, I've been waking up once every two hours or so for a while with a vivid memory of my dreams, which I seemed to be aware of during. Every once in a while I do something in them which I'd never do in real life. In one, I ate at Wendy's. In another, I watched and laughed as a mass murderer picked people off. I wouldn't do either if you paid me.
Old 05-07-08, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Usually, I fly. If I become aware that I am dreaming of walking somewhere, I just pick up both feet and fly there instead.

Sometimes I dream about NSFW aliens.
Old 05-07-08, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't dream.
Old 05-07-08, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I keep having these lucid dreams in which a man in a bunny costume keeps telling me the world is going to end. He says his name is Frank.
Old 05-07-08, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I quite often have lucid dreams, although they usually aren't all that fantastic. Most are rather mundane and real world ordinary.
Old 05-07-08, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by mhg83
I keep having these lucid dreams in which a man in a bunny costume keeps telling me the world is going to end. He says his name is Frank.
You know...

Spoiler:
THIS COULD BE A GREAT PLOT FOR A MOVIE!!!
Old 05-07-08, 10:44 PM

Do you ever dream in black and white?
Old 05-07-08, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
People used to dream in Black and White when they watched a lot of black and white television. They don't any more.
Old 05-07-08, 11:53 PM

I have had dreams where I have said to myself within the dream "Wow, am I glad this is only a dream."
Old 05-07-08, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk God

I lucid dream a lot. I absolutely love nightmares. It is just plain awesome.

Here are a few things I can't do no matter what....I can't fly. I can glide and breast stroke through the air, but I am not fast.

I cannot under any circumstances have sex with my high school girl friend. almost 20 years later, she still managed to reject me even in my dreams.
Old 05-07-08, 11:58 PM

I love lucid dreaming. Hell, the first Matrix movie is like changing the bad situation while dreaming.

Learned how to this after having bad nightmares in my teens. The trick was focusing on my hands and flexing my fingers. The old monster or zombie chasing after you dream is great once you know it's not real. In dreams, if the car I'm driving careens down a winding road, then the road straightens out. Falling dreams become jumping once I hit the ground. Hee, saw The Hulk movie and knew that long distance jump feeling.

Trade off is once I'm aware the scene can change. And sex dreams can get weird. Never figured myself as a Justin Timberlake groupie. Who knew?
Old 05-08-08, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Recently, I was in the middle of a really cool dream, and my mind came to the realization that it had to be a dream, so I consciously decided within the dream to pinch my arm just to verify it. When I pinched my skin, of course I felt nothing, but then my skin became rubbery and I almost pulled it off my arm. It was very weird.
Old 05-08-08, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I have had dreams where I have said to myself within the dream "Wow, am I glad this is only a dream."
I've experienced that a lot too. Many times I will force myself awake because I know it's a dream.
Old 05-08-08, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't seem to lucid dream. Once I'm aware, I always wake up whether I want to or not. Not cool.
Old 05-08-08, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by innocentfreak
I don't dream.
Yes you do. Several times every night. You just don't remember them
Old 05-08-08, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus
I haven't had a lucid dream in a very long time.
but we at Life Extension have the Lucid Dream options!
Old 05-08-08, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by kvrdave
I lucid dream a lot. I absolutely love nightmares. It is just plain awesome.

Here are a few things I can't do no matter what....I can't fly. I can glide and breast stroke through the air, but I am not fast.

I cannot under any circumstances have sex with my high school girl friend. almost 20 years later, she still managed to reject me even in my dreams.
I had a girlfriend who learned to fly. She worked on it every night for a year.

I haven't had a lucid dream for a very long time.
Old 05-08-08, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by T-bone22
Recently, I was in the middle of a really cool dream, and my mind came to the realization that it had to be a dream, so I consciously decided within the dream to pinch my arm just to verify it. When I pinched my skin, of course I felt nothing, but then my skin became rubbery and I almost pulled it off my arm. It was very weird.
Might not want to have so many of these right before beddy-by time:

-Gunshy
Old 05-08-08, 07:37 AM

I don't know what I dream about most the time. But I usually wake up with morning wood, so it must be good.
Old 05-08-08, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wish I could lucid dream. Whenever I try to fly I tend to hover only a few inches above the ground. However I don't know I'm dreaming.
Old 05-08-08, 10:40 AM

This thread pisses me off because I have been trying to do this my whole life with no success!
Old 05-08-08, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Anyone else have recurring locations/situations in their dreams that have nothing to do with any place you've been/anything you've done/anyone you know in real life?

I usually remember at least one dream I've had every morning. Oddly, I haven't had anything that would qualify as a "nightmare" since I was a child. At least nothing I can remember.
Old 05-08-08, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Anyone else have recurring locations/situations in their dreams that have nothing to do with any place you've been/anything you've done/anyone you know in real life?
OMG Yes! I have had a long-recurring dream about a house, with a hill behind it and at the base of the hill there is a small creek. And every time I dream about it (in the dream) I think this is so familiar, I have been here before, but when I am awake I realize that I only recognize it from dreaming about it previously. I always think one day I will be looking to buy a house and find one like that and immediately know it is is the one.

Oddly, I haven't had anything that would qualify as a "nightmare" since I was a child. At least nothing I can remember.
The closest I get to nightmares are "losing teeth" dreams. Thankfully I have not had one in a while, but those are terrible. Dreams where you are biting into something and suddenly all your teeth start to break off in your mouth. When I met my husband we immediately bonded because he also used to get those dreams all the time.

In the last few years, my most common recurring dreams have been "packing" dreams. I dream that I need to leave a house/apartment etc. by a certain time and I need to pack. Everywhere I look, I find more stuff that belongs to me that needs to be packed. Just when I think I am finished, I find more stuff. The dream just goes on and on, and the packing is neverending.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.