Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

good dance/rock clubs in baltimore city?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 05-07-08, 04:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kay, i'm going to a birthday party the 17th for a friend, and since my birthday is a week afterwords, the plan is for me to pick a club to go to afterwards. I'm not too familiar on clubs in the city, i'm not to big on techno music or club remixes. Just looking for a place to dance some and get plastered (and maybe getting lucky too. )
Old 05-07-08, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

My guess is there will be something in Fells Point or the Power Plant.

I really want to see Dan Deacon next time him or a Wham City artist play a local show:

My friend used to go to a club that had a Britrock night but I don't remember the name.
Old 05-07-08, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Power Plant is always crowded with lots of young drunk people and usually some hippies standing outside Rams Head Live during a heady setbreak.
Old 05-07-08, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

After reading Rypro's post, I have to recommend Power Plant and Fells Point. Your focus is basically a place to drink and meet people where there might be dancing. Your definition of a "good dance/rock club" is slightly different than mine.
Old 05-07-08, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

good dance/rock club is pretty varied in B'more. Powerplant is the easy choice, as it is the watered down for the masses answer. Plenty of drunk people and a younger crowd awaits you there.

There is of course Fells. A place like The Green Turtle would meet more of your 'rock' area with a lot of 80's, 90's, '00's music (DJ). They have beer pong upstairs and cheap beer specials for it. There are a few other places in that area that have varying levels of music and fun. Canton and Fed. Hill are a bit classier, but with some okay bar options....none for clubs though.

There is a more trad. club on the other side of the city...Club One. It is right under 83 as you come into the city. It isn't around much else though.

Too bad Hoebaggers....err...Boehagers isn't around anymore, that place was always good for some drunken fun like what you are looking for. I'm not sure what they replace it with....maybe worth checking out? Same thing with The Lava Lounge/Surf Side Sallie's/etc?
Old 05-07-08, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hammerjacks.

Oooops. I guess it ain't 1992 anymore.
Old 05-07-08, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by pedagogue
good dance/rock club is pretty varied in B'more. Powerplant is the easy choice, as it is the watered down for the masses answer. Plenty of drunk people and a younger crowd awaits you there.

There is of course Fells. A place like The Green Turtle would meet more of your 'rock' area with a lot of 80's, 90's, '00's music (DJ).
at the irony of following your Power Plant "watered down for the masses" comment with a Green Turtle recommendation.
Old 05-07-08, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog

Oooops. I guess it ain't 1992 anymore.
[borat]WWWHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?[/borat]

Old 05-07-08, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't think of the Green Turtle as a club. That's probably why I generally like them.
Old 05-08-08, 04:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by pedagogue
There is a more trad. club on the other side of the city...Club One. It is right under 83 as you come into the city. It isn't around much else though.
its right next to Sonar right? I think i saw it since i was there last night for a show. anyways, sat is good since theres a ladies night where they have all you can drink (or pass out), and for me 5 buck bombs and 2 buck domestics.
Old 05-08-08, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I haven't been yet but Angels Rock Bar at the Power Plant seem to be getting popular.
Old 05-08-08, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by The Bus
at the irony of following your Power Plant "watered down for the masses" comment with a Green Turtle recommendation.
Yeah, well....it is to a lesser extent.
Old 05-17-08, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

alright, got a question, anyone know any clubs that are 18 to party 21 to drink. i.e a friend of a friend wants to go but he's only 19 or 20, and knowing how most clubs are strict with the age limit, most of the suggestions won't work. i'm kind of hoping he doesn't want to go, since i really want to go to club one for some reason.