Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

White Folks bug me when...

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

White Folks bug me when...

Old 05-01-08, 06:09 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Mrs. Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With Nick Danger
Posts: 17,917
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
White Folks bug me when...

... they speak to Latinos, Native Americans, or other "ferriners" in slow, loud, simple sentences.

... they can't pronounce the name of their own street. Spanish is quite straightforward folks, you can learn the pronunciation in a few minutes.

... they gripe at the vendors in the Spanish market for speaking Spanish.

... they assume that I will be on their side in a racist argument because I am blonde-haired and blue-eyed.
Old 05-01-08, 06:15 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Numanoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Down in 'The Park'
Posts: 27,882
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...they dance.


Old 05-01-08, 06:18 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
islandclaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Behind the Orange Curtain
Posts: 20,075
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger
... they speak to Latinos, Native Americans, or other "ferriners" in slow, loud, simple sentences.
How else am I supposed to get "mow my lawn" across without speaking slow enough for them to understand me?
Old 05-01-08, 06:19 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,700
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger
... they gripe at the vendors in the Spanish market for speaking Spanish.
Hey, like I always say, if you want to live in this country, speak English. I say that in the U.S., in France, in China...
Old 05-01-08, 06:20 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 17,006
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does it mean you're gay when white people bug you with the things that they like?
Old 05-01-08, 06:36 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 5,610
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Watch it again!
Old 05-01-08, 06:59 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Under Golden Gate Bridge
Posts: 10,912
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RACIST muthafuckas!!



Old 05-01-08, 07:05 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 57,598
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
White Guilt Rules!!!

Old 05-01-08, 07:07 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Mrs. Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With Nick Danger
Posts: 17,917
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
... when they mock my threads.
Old 05-01-08, 07:10 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: I'm Still Alive in Los Angeles...or am I?
Posts: 27,815
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I for one would like to say...

HONKY POWER, BABY!!!

-SON of a THEEK!!!

Last edited by The Edit King; 05-01-08 at 08:06 PM. Reason: To add more HONKY POWER!!!
Old 05-01-08, 07:10 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Under Golden Gate Bridge
Posts: 10,912
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ I'm "of color."
Old 05-01-08, 07:16 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: I'm Still Alive in Los Angeles...or am I?
Posts: 27,815
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy, BW!

ME TOO!!!

(Honky's a color...isn't it?)

Actually, I wasn't responding to you, but rather just making a HONKY POWER statement in a 'Honky bug me' thread is all...



-Tek!

Last edited by The Edit King; 05-01-08 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Wait a minute! I'm YELLOW??? Oh well, YELLOW POWER!!!
Old 05-01-08, 07:20 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Under Golden Gate Bridge
Posts: 10,912
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oops, that was meant for Mrs. Danger, TEK. We posted at the same time. JINX!
Old 05-01-08, 07:22 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: I'm Still Alive in Los Angeles...or am I?
Posts: 27,815
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OH NO!!!

Oh Well,

You know what they say about that...

'Great Minds post at the same time'

-The Edit King Master

Last edited by The Edit King; 05-01-08 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-01-08, 07:25 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Valley of the Sun
Posts: 3,514
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... they assume I'm Mexican, not that there would be anything wrong with that, because my name is Gilbert. WTF?!?!

Not that I really want to be associated with him, but hasn't everyone experienced Gilbert Gottfreid in one form or another at some point in their life?
Old 05-01-08, 07:31 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,859
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It doesn't bother me in the least. Some people are ignorant, some people are just plain rude and some people just don't know any better.

My husband is Dominican. Because of our last name we get phone calls all the time asking if we/I speak Spanish. My father-in-law calls me a "honky" and I think it's funny. It goes both ways.

However, I do agree that if you want to make it in this country you do need to learn the language. I wouldn't want to be in another country and not know what the hell people were talking about. Plus - think about all those Asian ladies at the nail places that talk with their masks on and laugh. You know they're talking about you/him/her! lol
Old 05-01-08, 07:56 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Mrs. Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With Nick Danger
Posts: 17,917
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I startled a couple of gangsta-wannabes who were saying lewd things about me in Spanglish at a convenience store. I told them to "Mama mi verga, putas!"
Old 05-01-08, 08:53 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Legend
 
calhoun07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 14,402
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
f you got a place where the grass is green
and the sky is blue and the air is clean
and you got a church but you never go
that's a white people thing
that's a white people thing.

If you know your neighbours
and you neighbour is good
and you like your neighbour
and your neighbourhood
and you shake his hand
and you say hello
that's a white people thing
that's a white people thing.

It's so nice to live in the suburb
where white is the absence of colour
don't look for a brother
or bother a mother
who hopes exclusively wry
that's a white people thing!

When you see a neighbour
when you walk at night
and you're not afraid
cause his face is right
but you carry a gun
cause you never know
that's a white people thing
that's a white people thing!
Old 05-01-08, 08:59 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Under Golden Gate Bridge
Posts: 10,912
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger
I startled a couple of gangsta-wannabes who were saying lewd things about me in Spanglish at a convenience store. I told them to "Mama mi verga, putas!"
My momma is a virgin, bitches!?

Gotta bone up on my Hispanol.
Old 05-01-08, 09:01 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,859
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger
I startled a couple of gangsta-wannabes who were saying lewd things about me in Spanglish at a convenience store. I told them to "Mama mi verga, putas!"
LMFAO!
Old 05-01-08, 09:37 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 2,074
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... they gripe at the vendors in the Spanish market for speaking Spanish.
I have a friend who is exactly like that. A few years ago during a lunch break, we went to check out a small takeout/restaurant place that specialized in Latino dishes. At first he tried to ask the lady behind the counter what their specialties were. When he found out she didn't speak any English, he was quite pissed and stormed out without even attempting to communicate further. He got into one of those "this is America and you HAVE to learn to speak English" tirades. I chastised him (and still bring it up to this day) since he could have easily ordered something by number or even say the most basic Spanish from the menu items and still be understood. He's always had a holier-than-thou attitude about these things.
Old 05-01-08, 09:52 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
SterlingBen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 6,997
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So i must be subject to such racist slander but then I say jungle-bunnies I am the bad guy? (dating a non-white lady btw)
Old 05-01-08, 10:05 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: I'm Still Alive in Los Angeles...or am I?
Posts: 27,815
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[POTTY MOUTH WORD REMOVED BY ME]

I figure it's better if I not use words I don't know.

-paul

Last edited by The Edit King; 05-01-08 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-01-08, 10:09 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: I'm Still Alive in Los Angeles...or am I?
Posts: 27,815
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just looked up the definition of that one and I take it ALL back!

Sorry, y'all.

This is turning out to be a most educational thread.

Thank you, Mrs. OP.

('Te amo)

-EL Pablito

Last edited by The Edit King; 05-01-08 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-01-08, 10:14 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Shazam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Canuckistan
Posts: 10,027
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger
I startled a couple of gangsta-wannabes who were saying lewd things about me in Spanglish at a convenience store. I told them to "Mama mi verga, putas!"
"Please bring that jug of milk over?"

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.