Reload this Page >

Where do you get slim fitted tshirts?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 04-22-08, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So I've been getting into better shape the past few years, and have gotten to the point where normal Large tshirts are too loose on me. But Mediums are too small! I've found there's kind of an inbetween size that looks pretty good on me, the "slim fit" large. But they're hard to find at reasonable prices!

Abercrombie shirts are generally slim fit, but holy crap are they expensive.
Old Navy makes some of their shirts "vintage" fit, which is similar, but those fits are hard to find.
Other higher end shirt makers have these fitted sizes, hurley, hollister, etc... but damn, I hate spending more than $20 a fricken tshirt!

Has society gotten so damn fat that L really is the new XL? You would think that'd mean M is the new L, but that's not the case! Anyone else have this type of problem?
Old 04-22-08, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Store.
Old 04-22-08, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

lost and found or, if you like Tommy Bahama, check your local Goodwill
Old 04-22-08, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Joe, I asked a similar question (for shirts, not T-shirts) in this thread.

The M t-shirts I get from Banana Republic are usually pretty good; look for the fitted crew. They are also not terribly expensive: easily $15 or less if they're on sale. With the exception of two CK shirts I have, every undershirt is from Banana Republic. Far and away my favorite shirt. I read somewhere that BR copied some expensive German designer's t-shirts so this was basically the $20 version of an $80 Karl Lagerfeld shirt. Don't know if that's true.

Oh, and unlike their socks and dress shirts, they don't seem to fall apart easily.
Old 04-22-08, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

They're on sale for $10-$13 now:

http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse...221&pid=547901
Old 04-22-08, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ah, that is helpful, but those are all just plain t's ... i'm looking for more of the type that have some kind of random graphic on the front. They DO have some interesting ones like that ($29.50!!!) but none of them are labeled "fitted" like the others are. sigh...
Old 04-22-08, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by dick_grayson
lost and found or, if you like Tommy Bahama, check your local Goodwill

There ya go
Old 04-22-08, 05:20 PM

On a serious note, Polo Ralph Lauren/not the Chaps line, makes a fitted T-shirt. From what I have seen, they only come in white.
Old 04-22-08, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

AE's got some vintage tees, I've got one...it's a little tighter than the rest. Yeah I'm in the same boat, I go between Small and Medium, but a lot of time the mid section is still too wide and looks 'off' to me...

Does Old Navy still make ribbed v-neck tees? I haven't seen em... I have a couple mediums but they're too big for me now... ive lost a lot of muscle (sadly).

Last edited by Artman; 04-22-08 at 05:25 PM.
Old 04-22-08, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

not to be a smartass here but I just googled "fitted men's t-shirts" and found a ton of links that look promissing. Good lucking finding something, please post pics!
Old 04-22-08, 05:39 PM

Check out http://www.emoda.com - Salvage, Subscript, and Howe are my favorites
Old 04-22-08, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

structure or express i thinkk they are called now. used to sell fitted tshirts. not sure if they still do.
Old 04-22-08, 06:02 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Concert Tees.

Anything that uses American Apparel.

So I like the stuff from Threadless.com

Salvage and Howe are a little too expensive based on the OP saying Abercrombie is expensive... I have one Salvage Tee I love, and 2 I really don't, bought them online, and they weren't what I thought they would be, reversed seams on them.
Old 04-22-08, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

joe if you're getting "graphic" tees most of the should be somewhat slim unless you're buying them at a basic department store (Kohl's, JC Penney) or from a hip-hop brand (Ecko, Fubu). Or if they have sports logos on them.
Old 04-22-08, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joeblow69
So I've been getting into better shape the past few years, and have gotten to the point where normal Large tshirts are too loose on me. But Mediums are too small! I've found there's kind of an inbetween size that looks pretty good on me, the "slim fit" large. But they're hard to find at reasonable prices!

Abercrombie shirts are generally slim fit, but holy crap are they expensive.
Old Navy makes some of their shirts "vintage" fit, which is similar, but those fits are hard to find.
Other higher end shirt makers have these fitted sizes, hurley, hollister, etc... but damn, I hate spending more than $20 a fricken tshirt!

Has society gotten so damn fat that L really is the new XL? You would think that'd mean M is the new L, but that's not the case! Anyone else have this type of problem?

Find a store that sells 'club' clothing, they tend to have 'skin' tight clothing. Also look for 'alternative' sections of your city, some stores there might have some as well.
Old 04-22-08, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I second Banana Republic for fitted clothes. You should go in the store and try the clothes there. They carry a lot of graphic tees as well as fitted dressier shirts. I bought a ton when they were having their big sale. I had to downsize to a medium and small to get a better fit because I've been getting in better shape too.

You can also check out Macy's. I know their Calvin Klein's casual line often comes fitted too.
Old 04-22-08, 07:00 PM

Costco's Kirkland brand.
Old 04-22-08, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by chino77
structure ... used to sell fitted tshirts. not sure if they still do.
Structure still runs under a brand label of Sears (not sure about the Express tie in). They do still sell fitted tshirts w/ random graphix, designs, prints for a reasonable price. I don't wear them as they don't belong anywhere near me but I've come across a few when looking for other things.
Old 04-22-08, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A lot of the Mossimo shirts at Target are slim fit.
Old 04-22-08, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

just got one delivered from shirt.woot.com today. $15 is reasonable, and I loved this design:

I heard the sizes run small, so I figured I'd give it a shot. The shirt fits awesome, tight around the arms, and snugger around my bulging pectorals... sadly the shirt is too long! What the heck is all that extra fabric for?!?

SO the search continues... (and yes, kitty, I've googled... most results were shirts in the $25-$40 + shipping range, or just the plain jane undershirt kind). I appreciate the suggestions in this thread, though, I'll check out those stores mentioned...
Old 04-22-08, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by visitor Q
Structure still runs under a brand label of Sears (not sure about the Express tie in). They do still sell fitted tshirts w/ random graphix, designs, prints for a reasonable price. I don't wear them as they don't belong anywhere near me but I've come across a few when looking for other things.
Huh. Whudya know.

I thought the brand went out when Express bought them.
Old 04-22-08, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
joeblow69, keeping it tight and real for the tribe.
Old 04-22-08, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by visitor Q
Structure still runs under a brand label of Sears (not sure about the Express tie in).
structure used to be the mens side of express. now i think express just uses their label for mens and women.
Old 04-22-08, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
joeblow69, keeping it tight and real for the tribe.
You better believe after spending all this time getting massive pecs that I'm going to be showing them off whenever I can!
Old 04-22-08, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

American Apparel - their shirts are fairly high-end and the fit is reliable. You can buy them in bulk for 3-5 bucks a shirt too if you know where to look. I haven't found a shirt that is more flattering to a half-way decent physique. I'm a t-shirt collector and have also done printing.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.