Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Chick Wants Me....or DOES She...?

Old 04-22-08, 08:56 PM

She's probably looking for a new gay best friend.
Old 04-23-08, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
90% of the time, a woman is being friendly just to be friendly; and 90% of the time, if a guy is being friendly, he's interested in the woman.
I've seen this to be true MANY times, and it jives with what my guy friends tell me.
Old 04-23-08, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix
Okay, gentlepeople...

I have a pseudo-date with a very attractive chick tomorrow for the coffee shop...game on! (BTW, the attractive gal is someone who wanted me, but turns out I discovered she fucked one of my friends, so laissez-faire policy now applies...)

She saw me at the bar with a different chick on Saturday, got jealous and said we should get together to 'catch up'. So, two birds, one righteous stone.

Update tomorrows...
awesome. can't wait to read about it. btw, I also have the laissez-faire policy. friends in school thought I was crazy but now they know I was right all along.
Old 04-23-08, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by The Bus
So you're a follower of pedagogue's advice to set the bar low!
It's best to keep expectations low....trust me on that.
Old 04-24-08, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Never trust the flirtations of a girl that is currently working, almost this exact same thing happened to me. Nothing will come of it, just a waste of time. (Although I haven't read the whole thread yet, maybe you guys got married).
Old 04-24-08, 01:51 PM

Rule of law: if there's a counter between you, it ain't happening, and if it does, you're asking for trouble.
Old 04-24-08, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by BuddhaWake
I also have the laissez-faire policy. friends in school thought I was crazy but now they know I was right all along.
So friends thought you were crazy for not fucking their girlfriends and/or girls they were with earlier?

"Yeah, no problem man. You can totally mack on Allyson. By the way, she likes to be choked. Good luck!"
Old 04-24-08, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Why do you think the "Referral Fuck" is so popular?! Girls talk, might as well enjoy it.
Old 04-24-08, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus
So friends thought you were crazy for not fucking their girlfriends and/or girls they were with earlier?

"Yeah, no problem man. You can totally mack on Allyson. By the way, she likes to be choked. Good luck!"
yeah. dude's love when you fuck their girlfriends. obviously is other friends taking about not the one with the ex.
Old 04-25-08, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Okay, gentlepeople...

I have a pseudo-date with a very attractive chick tomorrow for the coffee shop...game on! (BTW, the attractive gal is someone who wanted me, but turns out I discovered she fucked one of my friends, so laissez-faire policy now applies...)

She saw me at the bar with a different chick on Saturday, got jealous and said we should get together to 'catch up'. So, two birds, one righteous stone.

Update tomorrows...
Hey, what happened? Don't leave us hanging. Some of us have such pathetic lives that we have to live vicariously through a complete stranger on the Internet. So give it up, man.
Old 04-25-08, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think I speak for everyone with a
Old 04-25-08, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What happened is this:

The girl I was supposed to meet at the coffee shop had to work late to tally up receipts, so I couldn't meet her there. Then, I talked to Emily for about an hour about traveling, future plans, yadda-yadda. Then, Emily told me she had a big paper to work on and wasn't working on Tuesday, meaning I couldn't put the competition instinct into gear until next Thursday and I figured the short-lived interests of the internet community would probably think, "Oh, that is SOOO last week," by then.
Not at all. We'll be here, waiting, next week. After all, what else do we have to do?
Old 04-25-08, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just a small thing to try before you put the plan into effect.
If you are spending that much time with Emily at the coffee shop, then see if draws herself towards you. Lean back in your chair, or if you're standing move back a little and lean away from her. See if she responds by moving closer to you.
If you can bulshit your way through palm reading, or can make some sort of excuse to hold her hands, you can squeeze her hand gently and see if she squeezes back. You can also get her to hold her hands out palms facing down, and you put your hands under her, so your palms are touching. Then slightly lower your hands and see if she lowers her hands woth you.
These are all signs that she is interested in you in some way. More than she would be with just any customer.
Old 04-25-08, 05:42 PM

If you have trouble making a determination using fmian's methods, just drop your pants. If she moves toward your penis, she is interested in you. If she moves away from your penis or picks up a sharp instrument...
Old 04-25-08, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by gilbertr76
If you have trouble making a determination using fmian's methods, just drop your pants. If she moves toward your penis, she is interested in you. If she moves away from your penis or picks up a sharp instrument...

Brilliant
Old 04-25-08, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fmian
If you are spending that much time with Emily at the coffee shop, then see if draws herself towards you. Lean back in your chair, or if you're standing move back a little and lean away from her. See if she responds by moving closer to you.
If you can bulshit your way through palm reading, or can make some sort of excuse to hold her hands, you can squeeze her hand gently and see if she squeezes back. You can also get her to hold her hands out palms facing down, and you put your hands under her, so your palms are touching. Then slightly lower your hands and see if she lowers her hands woth you.
These are all signs that she is interested in you in some way. More than she would be with just any customer.
I hope this is a joke
Old 04-25-08, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Who is Seth?
Old 04-26-08, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by drmoze
Who is Seth?
Old 04-28-08, 04:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mystery is that you?
Old 04-28-08, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by matrixrok9
Mystery is that you?
Hahaha..
I'm surprised it took that long for someone to make some sort of connection.
I've just been reading the book and experimenting a little here and there.

Like I said before I'm just really interested in the social behaviour behind it all, and it shares more than a few things with being a salesperson. Body language and being able to control someone elses perspective of things really intrigues me.
Old 04-28-08, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hahaha..
I'm surprised it took that long for someone to make some sort of connection.
I've just been reading the book and experimenting a little here and there.

Like I said before I'm just really interested in the social behaviour behind it all, and it shares more than a few things with being a salesperson. Body language and being able to control someone elses perspective of things really intrigues me.

What book are you reading?
Old 04-28-08, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Graftenberg
What book are you reading?
He is reading Mystery Method by Mystery. It's a book on how to pick up girls at nightclub using social proof and highering your value so girls will be attracted to you. It's a good read and really opens your eyes to the social dynamics in clubs. But with Mystery's technique, you pretty much need to have a fake persona.
Old 04-28-08, 02:57 PM
Admin-Thanos

This thread MAY deliver, but as of now...
Old 04-28-08, 03:23 PM

I am Seth.

Kinda like I am Legend, but better.
Anyone ever tell you that you look like Matthew Lillard?
Old 04-28-08, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

the thing that throws most men off... is that most women don't even know what they want...

what many men perceive to be complicated and subtle game playing, signals, and maneuvering... is most often a complete lack of self awareness on the part of a woman who has no idea what she actually wants...

this leaves many men thinking women are calculating and sophisticated when they are actually vapid and clueless...

try to remember fellas... "don't put the pussy on a pedestal"...

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.