Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Chick Wants Me....or DOES She...?

Old 04-21-08, 03:04 PM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
Or perhaps he wants you, DP, and plans to make his move now that you're in this "fragile state."
Wait, can dudes be DP'd?
Old 04-21-08, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger
You could always just ask her.
Yes, because a woman will just give you a straight answer when it comes to their relationship behavioral habits. You can depend on nothing but clarity and a distinct lack of game-playing.
Old 04-21-08, 04:39 PM
Banned

From my exp. she's your tipical chick.
And if they act strange that's why their female.
Like why does a babe flash for no money for some jerk to make money on GIRLS GONE WILD? Stupid? yes.
Why does a babe get drunk and like a super slut on spring break and cry I was raped. Stupid? yes.
Old 04-21-08, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

She may have just been curious to see if you were gay also.
Old 04-21-08, 04:44 PM

Could "Emily" be a different girl that works there, and you and the owner just thought you were talking about the same girl?
Old 04-21-08, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mbs
Wait, can dudes be DP'd?
You'd be amazed.
Old 04-21-08, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

At least you found out early on, and not a month into it.
Old 04-21-08, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This happened to me once, I made a joke about how they fit a whole pumpkin in my pumpkin latte. It's hilarious, and I think that was what made her say yes when I asked her out.
Old 04-21-08, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by kaze0
This happened to me once, I made a joke about how they fit a whole pumpkin in my pumpkin latte. It's hilarious, and I think that was what made her say yes when I asked her out.
So you're a follower of pedagogue's advice to set the bar low!
Old 04-21-08, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Numanoid
Yes, because a woman will just give you a straight answer when it comes to their relationship behavioral habits. You can depend on nothing but clarity and a distinct lack of game-playing.
You will at least have the "But you told me that you wanted...!" excuse to fall back on.
Old 04-21-08, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by wm lopez
Why does a babe get drunk and like a super slut on spring break and cry I was raped. Stupid? yes.
So when's your court date?
Old 04-21-08, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh snap.
Old 04-21-08, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think she's just playing hard to get with the whole "boyfriend" line.
Old 04-21-08, 07:29 PM
mbs

Originally Posted by NCMojo
I think she's just playing hard to get with the whole "boyfriend" line.
One way to find out the truth: abduct and waterboard her. She'll come clean once the torturing starts; they always do.
Old 04-22-08, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by kaze0
Your sister-in-law is a barista? Do you get discounts?
Old 04-22-08, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
Okay, important lesson -- the waitress/clerk/barista is never flirting with you. She serves hundreds of guys per day, many of them much better looking than you, and she smiles at all of them. That's her job. If you ask out a w/c/b, 99 times out of 100 she'll tell you she has a boyfriend -- she probably doesn't, but she can't say, "Get lost, creep," to a customer.

Now 1 time in 100, the w/c/b will accept a date with you. This is because she's a slut, and quite possibly looking for someone to be her baby's daddy . You can improve your odds by looking for tramp-stamps -- w/c/bs with tramp-stamps always wear clothes that expose them.
You should never think like this. Women are more like men than you think. Many of them want to get laid just as bad as guys want to. And they'll perv and cheat and ask questions and fantasise just as much as us. The only difference is that they don't want anyone to know this because then they'll be called a slut.

At her workplace she automatically has a higher value than you. You need to show that you are an alpha male by doing what I described in my first post. When you confirm that she likes you, make sure she knows you're a caring type of guy who is family oriented and has emotions. Women like that as it's the kind of thing that's healthy in a long term relationship.

Find out about her boyfriend. If she says ANYTHING negative about him, then subtlely say things that indicate that you DON'T have those negative qualities. She will start to compare yourself to her boyfriend and hopefully you'll come out on top.

Just remember. She doesn't want you to think she's a slut. That's the secret to women in regards to relationships.

Please see if you can give some of this a try. I'd like to know how it goes. I don't get much of a chance to do anything like this myself as I'm married with children. I'm interested moreso in the social dyanamics involved.
Old 04-22-08, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by mbs
One way to find out the truth: abduct and waterboard her. She'll come clean once the torturing starts; they always do.
Waterboarding isn't torture.
Old 04-22-08, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

90% of the time, a woman is being friendly just to be friendly; and 90% of the time, if a guy is being friendly, he's interested in the woman.
Old 04-22-08, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by antennaball
Your sister-in-law is a barista? Do you get discounts?
Old 04-22-08, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
90% of the time, a woman is being friendly just to get your money; and 90% of the time, if a guy is being friendly, he's interested in DP-ing the woman.
Fixed.
Old 04-22-08, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fmian
You should never think like this. Women are more like men than you think. Many of them want to get laid just as bad as guys want to. And they'll perv and cheat and ask questions and fantasise just as much as us. The only difference is that they don't want anyone to know this because then they'll be called a slut.

At her workplace she automatically has a higher value than you. You need to show that you are an alpha male by doing what I described in my first post. When you confirm that she likes you, make sure she knows you're a caring type of guy who is family oriented and has emotions. Women like that as it's the kind of thing that's healthy in a long term relationship.

Find out about her boyfriend. If she says ANYTHING negative about him, then subtlely say things that indicate that you DON'T have those negative qualities. She will start to compare yourself to her boyfriend and hopefully you'll come out on top.

Wish you woulda posted this like 4 days ago, It would have saved me alot of trouble...

Just remember. She doesn't want you to think she's a slut. That's the secret to women in regards to relationships.

Please see if you can give some of this a try. I'd like to know how it goes. I don't get much of a chance to do anything like this myself as I'm married with children. I'm interested moreso in the social dyanamics involved.
Old 04-22-08, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix
I'm not sure I totally buy that, or the statistics to back it up...if a woman is totally NOT interested in a guy, she won't be terribly friendly, I've seen.
The trick is to see how does she act towards other customers? If she's only lighting up and smiling and being personable with the OP then maybe he may have a fair chance (But it's no guarantee, as I have learned). If she's smiling and super friendly with many different people then...no, she's not.

In jobs I've had, I've seen different girls I work with go for guys who they waited on. But in each and every instance, the girl initiated the first date, or went out of her way to make sure the guy know she was interested.
Old 04-22-08, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

All right, quick update...today she asked me where I was stationed.

Now, get this: I've never told her I was in the Army or associated with the military in any way. That tells me she's continuing her information gathering.

Hmm...I plan on putting the new girl competition contingency into effect on Thursday.
I haven't read a thread this exciting in a long time.

If it hasn't been said already: any chance you could be a total perv and snap some pics?
Old 04-22-08, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

All right, quick update...today she asked me where I was stationed.

Now, get this: I've never told her I was in the Army or associated with the military in any way. That tells me she's continuing her information gathering.

Hmm...I plan on putting the new girl competition contingency into effect on Thursday.
She definitely seems to be asking a lot of questions about you if she already has a "boyfriend". The fact that she would go to someone else in these instances (like you mentioned earlier) to ask about you says that there is some game being played.

Either that or she's spying on you for some foreign power.

Or she could just be toying with your emotions.
Old 04-22-08, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hate to tell you this, but you guys aren't usually too hard to spot. I'm sure she can figure it out either by the haircut, t shirt, or the bumper sticker/license plate on the truck.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.