What's your favorite place?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 04-20-08, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is my home.

On second thought...even better than that is my bed.

It's been said that, 'There's no place like home', and I've gotta say, there's really no place like home, but on the other hand, there's no place like 'bed' for me.

That's where I can strip down and kick back and really be my hobo-ish, carefree, bodily-sounding-off self!

I mean, where else can ya feel free to lay down, stretch out, and let yer most intimate human and animalistic feelings flow if not in your own bed?

-TEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 04-20-08 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-20-08, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We are in complete agreement.
Old 04-20-08, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by The Edit King
I mean, where else can ya feel free to lay down, stretch out, and let yer most intimate human and animalistic feelings flow if not in your own bed?
If experience is any indication, the New York City subway.
Old 04-20-08, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Up on the roof.
Old 04-20-08, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

under the boardwalk...
Old 04-20-08, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
inside a woman's panties
Old 04-20-08, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In my computer room. I've got the stereo in here and my cd and dvd collections as well. It really is heaven on earth for me.
Old 04-20-08, 04:48 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Canadian Bacon
inside a woman's panties
but then what would she wear?
Old 04-20-08, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

At home, snuggled in a warm bed.
Old 04-20-08, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kittydreamer
I already said that
Old 04-20-08, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The patio out behind my house in the summer. Just sitting there, watching the wind blow through the corn fields...it can be transcendental at times.
Old 04-20-08, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Trout
The patio out behind my house in the summer. Just sitting there, watching the wind blow through the corn fields...it can be transcendental at times.
"If you build it, he will come"
Old 04-20-08, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by The Edit King
Mine is my home.

On second thought...even better than that is my bed.

It's been said that, 'There's no place like home', and I've gotta say, there's really no place like home, but on the other hand, there's no place like 'bed' for me.

That's where I can strip down and kick back and really be my hobo-ish, carefree, bodily-sounding-off self!

-TEK!
Ditto!
Old 04-20-08, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Marineland
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...01/Marineland/
Old 04-20-08, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kittydreamer
What she said
Old 04-20-08, 08:56 PM

I am a big fan or just going over to Borders or Barnes and Noble. Read some mags, scope some books. Totally chills me out.
Old 04-20-08, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Old 04-20-08, 10:16 PM

home. i love my house and i would never leave if i didnt have to.
Old 04-21-08, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd have to say mine is home too. Not much to look at, but it's where everything I like is at, and I get to spend time with my dog, who always manages to make crappy days better.
Old 04-21-08, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Oh, great. Make me go and tell a story.

I should preface this with my beliefs...I truly think that people have power spots. Locations where significant experiences happen which may move you or sear the moment into your mind in such a way so that the location becomes as indelible as the event itself. I have one near a high school running track...the result of a conversation with a girl I loved and no particular athletic achievement...I have been there twice: Once during the incident and a second time almost ten years later...just standing on the precise coordinates was as invigorating as the original occurrence.

I suppose if one word could summarize my spot, 'Picturesque' would do, though it is impossible to so easily compartmentalize the significance of that location. With hours of storytelling, I may be able to explain how this, the highest point near the rock quarry which lies immediately north of my childhood home was also the site of their storage for fine limestone gravel; the detritus of what they culled from deep within the earth; an almost dust they could not resell, so instead it was piled high upon the peak of the land, making the hill appear even more formidable; quite a feat, given the fact that the crest has always appeared larger than it probably is, a beneficial side-effect of it juxtaposed with the cliff drop-off, the man-made cavernous hole in the ground at which one cannot help but stand in awe, as if it were the opposite of a skyscraper, a constructed, achieved masterpiece of human labors built down into the earth as opposed to on top of it.

I could tell you all how I had first discovered it while walking fence line to ensure the overgrowth hadn’t become such a burden that it would kill the current and allow our cattle to stampede through the barrier and roam free. How I brought my friends to the gritty mound in its infancy the weekend following, and how we spent an entire afternoon jumping from a compacted cliff face almost divinely built-in to the miniscule mountain, falling twenty plus feet into the cushion of rock sand below. I could relay how, over time, the rain and the weather hardened the pile and created cavernous ravines, attempting to prevent us from surmounting the spot and standing upon her apex, though it didn’t stop us from trying. Or, how, once my cousins and I would inevitably stand victorious, we would use this definition of altitude as a launch point for our illegal fireworks displays, as if the farther from the earth they’d explode, the more impact they’d have had. I could recount the Saturdays’ hours I’d walk alone, or with my dog, Daisy, shortly before her expected yet unfortunate death, and I’d simply sit on top, pondering the loneliness and the great inequity of life. I could detail in great exactness how I’d meticulously planned my senior prom and designed to bring my date to the pinnacle and share with her my first kiss, or how the best laid plans can become superiorly ruinous. I might have retold the morning I left for the Army, where I’d awoken at five in the morning, unable to fall asleep once more, and of how, instead, I walked to my spot to watch the dawn and viewed it in tandem with a doe and her fawn, grazing unawares between me and the sun until they wandered off, I blissfully invisible to their cognizance. Maybe still I could have simply said how different the spot was, now overgrown with vegetation and melted to become a part of the hill itself, and how, over time, I alone, even amongst those who had placed it there to begin with, yes, I alone noted the birth and death of an otherwise insignificant mound of rock, or how much I want to fully share that one, very personal sliver of knowledge of which I am insanely possessive, though I never will be able to, truly.

Instead, I will say nothing, and if one word alone can summarize, I suppose, 'Picturesque', will do.

Yes.

It is.
Old 04-21-08, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

DP: What an interesting collection of words!
Originally Posted by Canadian Bacon
inside a woman's panties
Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
but then what would she wear?
OH, MAN!!!

-The Edit King

Last edited by The Edit King; 04-21-08 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-21-08, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

and a good book....
Old 04-21-08, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Negril, Jamaica

I feel better just thinking about it.
Old 04-21-08, 01:37 PM

Old 04-21-08, 02:18 PM

I very much enjoy spending time in and around the wifey's vagina.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.