DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   Going Out With Co-Workers / Colleagues...Help!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/529825-going-out-co-workers-colleagues-help.html)

NotThatGuy 04-18-08 02:24 PM

Going Out With Co-Workers / Colleagues...Help!!

Long story short, a woman who works in another department wants to go out to lunch. We met briefly at a work function, during this getting to know you activity. I found out later that she had been scoping me out and totally went out of her way to get paired up with me during an activity. I was pretty much setup.

She 'won' a GC to a local restaurant at the event (also a setup?), and now she wants to go out for lunch with me. I talked with her for no more than 2 minutes, but I got a vibe that something was up. I thought I avoided the drama, but as I was going to leave....some girl gave me a note from her. Evidently she had to leave for a meeting, but wanted me to have her number and call her, etc.

The unintended consequence of all this, is that some women I work with saw the entire thing, so when I ran into them later they were like, "Pedagogue has a g/f! Pedagogue has a g/f!" I am so not a fan of them right now.

Anyhow...how do I handle this? We don't necessarily work together at the moment, but I may be changing jobs/depts soon, and I am more likely to see her around a lot more....so I don't want to completely blow her off. I am not interested in her like that, and I don't want to give her the wrong idea. The good thing was that I got a number of good looks from some women at the event today, which confirmed my dapper fashion sense and 'good outfit' day. :D

Kittydreamer 04-18-08 02:26 PM

Is she hittable? A hump and dump? We, of course, need pics.

The Bus 04-18-08 02:27 PM

It's free lunch dude.

mbs 04-18-08 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by pedagogue
some women I work with saw the entire thing, so when I ran into them later they were like, "Pedagogue has a g/f! Pedagogue has a g/f!"

Do you work with teenagers?

Be glad you are not into her. That is always trouble, nailing people at the workplace. If you are not into her, tell her that. Maybe go to lunch first, just for the free lunch (and then you are not basing your rejection solely on looks -- or at least so she'll think).

NotThatGuy 04-18-08 02:32 PM

hittable....not for me. She is an attractive girl, but just not my style.

Free lunch indeed....but is it worth some awkward conversation?

Pics....lol. I can't remember her name (it is something unique, as she is from abroad).

Originally Posted by mbs
Do you work with teenagers?

Be glad you are not into her. That is always trouble, nailing people at the workplace. If you are not into her, tell her that. Maybe go to lunch first, just for the free lunch (and then you are not basing your rejection solely on looks -- or at least so she'll think).

I feel like I work with teenagers....as they are a pack of gossiping and often innappropriate women who are incredibly clique-y and constantly backstab. It is a real fun dynamic....which is why I avoid them as much as possible.

I was thinking of going to lunch as a colleague thing, and then mentioning that I'm seeing someone. Heck, I can call the girl from about a week and a half ago that I'm been pseudo-dating, so it isn't really a lie. I'm also trying to set something else up with this college co-ed type, though that is TBD.

Artman 04-18-08 02:35 PM

M/28/single....where are ya located? :)

Decadance 04-18-08 02:41 PM

Its a free lunch, she wants to hump you, and shes foreign (hot accent and probably more sexually free than American chicks)....

Where is the downside to this again?

wishbone 04-18-08 02:45 PM

hittable....not for me. She is an attractive girl, but just not my style.

So a rowboat will support her right?

Phyllis: Michael?
Michael Scott: What.
Phyllis: I have a friend who's single.
Michael Scott: Oh.
Phyllis: Sandy. She gorgeous and she's got a feisty personality too.
Michael Scott: Hmmm feisty. So she's not jolly or sassy? Not like a jolly, sassy opera singer?
Phyllis: Mm no she's a professional softball player.
Michael Scott: Ewwooh... Catcher or in-field?
Phyllis: I donno Michael.
Michael Scott: Is she a dress wearer or a pants wearer? Could we share a rowboat? Could- could a rowboat support her?
Phyllis: What are you asking?
Michael Scott: I think I'm being very clear, what I'm asking. Would an average size rowboat support her without capsizing? [long pause] It bothers me that you're not answering the question.
Phyllis: No. Alright? No she can't fit on a rowboat.
Michael Scott: Yes! I knew it. I knew it! Phyllis, okay.

Pics....lol. I can't remember her name (it is something unique, as she is from abroad).

I found out a German exchange student kinda liked me my senoir year of high school. I was not that in to her but looking back it might have been fun to have at least entertained the idea of asking her out. :shrug:

Pointyskull 04-18-08 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus
It's free lunch dude.

Yep. At the "Y".... :eyebrow:

wendersfan 04-18-08 02:50 PM

Simple. Accept her invitation and then spend the entire meal talking about this great guy you just met.

melbatoast 04-18-08 03:03 PM

Pedagogue has a girlfriend! Pedagogue has a girlfriend!

starseed1981 04-18-08 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by wendersfan
Simple. Accept her invitation and then spend the entire meal talking about this great guy you just met.

MWHAHAHAHHA!

bunkaroo 04-18-08 03:10 PM

It's obvious your female co-workers resent you for being so unattainable and are trying to drag you down to their level. Don't let them win!

gilbertr76 04-18-08 03:25 PM

You could try: "I'd love to go to lunch but don't want you to get the wrong idea as I am currently seeing someone." :lies:

You could also try peeing in her butt and simply roll with the aftermath. :bmonkey:

Also keep in mind that suicide is always an option no matter what the situation in which you may find yourself. :suicide:

John Galt 04-18-08 03:25 PM

Any other coworkers you do want to nail? You could start going out to lunch with her in order to make them jealous.

The Bus 04-18-08 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by gilbertr76
You could try: "I'd love to go to lunch but don't want you to get the wrong idea as I am currently fucking a lot of different girls. A lot of girls. Seriously. My belt has so many notches I've started carving into my flesh."

Do that, and you don't need to lie.

SuperJim88 04-18-08 03:39 PM

You've been here long enough to know the rule. No pic, no advice.

Charlie Goose 04-18-08 03:41 PM

Just hurl a beaker of acid in her face. You won't be tempted after that.

dieinafire 04-18-08 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Just hurl a beaker of acid in her face. You won't be tempted after that.

That got me. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing017.gif
Seriously though, I would just say you're seeing someone. Easy letdown.

Shilex 04-18-08 04:15 PM

Simple solution: Quit your job. It's too stressful anyway.

Or you could just let her know you can't do lunch because you have prior engagements with your girlfriend/boyfriend/internet.

NotThatGuy 04-19-08 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by melbatoast
Pedagogue has a girlfriend! Pedagogue has a girlfriend!

Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!

:lol:

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
It's obvious your female co-workers resent you for being so unattainable and are trying to drag you down to their level. Don't let them win!

They are all bitter women....the kind that go, "Well this time next year I'll be curing cancer or something"....and then the next year they are stuck in the same dead-end job bitching.

Originally Posted by gilbertr76
You could try: "I'd love to go to lunch but don't want you to get the wrong idea as I am currently seeing someone." :lies:

See....it isn't lying, as that chick I've been going out with totally qualifies in my book, I mean.....I've seen her before, we've gone out a few times, etc.

Originally Posted by Shilex
Or you could just let her know you can't do lunch because you have prior engagements with your girlfriend/boyfriend/internet.

"Sorry....my WoW Clan is having a raiding party with the Iron Death Fist Clan, and then we are going to all have virtual drinks and talk about our comic book collections.

D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB) 04-19-08 01:14 AM

YAPT (Yet Another Peddy Thread)

4KRG 04-19-08 09:18 AM

This one is easy, go out to lunch with her and explain that now you know her a little better that you are certain she would be a perfect match for a friend of yours to date. This makes it very clear that you are not interested, then you have to go talk to a friend of yours to take the bullet for you. The friend will have a much easier time walking away ;)

The Bus 04-19-08 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by D.Pham00
YAPT (Yet Another Peddy Thread)

Yes but this thread is about girls and pedagogue's sober, so we have to treasure it like the small, delicate and rare jewel that it is.

Sean O'Hara 04-19-08 09:46 AM

Long story short, a woman who works in another department wants to go out to lunch.

Women in other departments don't count as coworkers for the purposes of the Don't Date Coworkers rule.