Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

How do you react when a girl rejects you?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 04-17-08, 11:39 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a friend who gets really pissed off when it happens. I have another friend who just says "you win some, you lose some", so I always thought it was funny that people get so pset over it. There's a lot of women on the planet so it shouldn't be that hard to find another one with similar interests.
Old 04-17-08, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

It's a lot easier when there's 5 or 6 waiting in the wings.
Old 04-18-08, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get a tattoo, obviously

Spoiler:
Old 04-18-08, 12:39 AM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I punch.
Old 04-18-08, 12:49 AM
Needs to provide a working email

Not sure. Hasn't happened.

Actually, I remind myself of how much better I am than the girl, then I realize that's childish and untrue and I spend hours regretting not the rejection, but rather my own arrogance. Until I have a bottle of wine and I'm back to arrogance--then I regret all that past regretting. Repeat if necessary. Bipolarity adds much-needed excitement to life.
Old 04-18-08, 12:58 AM
Banned

I'm like "That's Un-possible!"
Old 04-18-08, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

"Whatever"....and then I go sleep with her friend. Seriously....all it takes is a couple times, and word will get out that you mean business. oh, and that you are the kind of guy that will sleep with a girl's friends. Don't worry....they like that, it brings the competition out. I mean, if you think about it....they are fighting for the chance to f' you. That my friend is a WIN/WIN!

The ones that suck are when you actually put forth effort and then get shot down. The solution is to put forth little to no effort, so if it doesn't work....no harm no foul. I've found showing just enough interest gets them on the hook, and then indifference and making it a challenge closes the deal. Unless of course you are drinking...and then I tell them I can lick my eye brows and make a damn good breakfast. Most of the girls go for the first part...though the ones who truly can't cook go for the second. If you can get the word out about both things....you'll be running your own F' and Eggs Inn.

Last edited by NotThatGuy; 04-18-08 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-18-08, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not well. I lost a few lbs and didn't sleep much the following wk after the last one. Gave it my best and thought I'd done all the right things...but it wasn't good enough I guess.

I've actually never had a girl return my advances...wish I knew what that was like. I've pretty much gone thru all forms of rejection - the handwritten letter, the email, the unexpected "let's meet for coffee" (watch out for that one), the "sorry for the confusion" excuse, and then of course the "ignore until he goes away" approach. They all pretty much suck.

Well, thanks for cheering me up.... going downstairs to make a stiff drink. Seriously.

Last edited by Artman; 04-18-08 at 01:48 AM.
Old 04-18-08, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"her loss" - and I sincerely believe that, as I think I bring more to the table than any girl that's ever rejected me - though I tend to do most of the rejecting.
Old 04-18-08, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Artman
thought I'd done all the right things...but it wasn't good enough I guess.
Unfortunately you can do everything right, and still have it not work.....and have it not be about you at all. When I was in college and much less calloused and cynical, I had a relationship not work out with a girl and I thought for quite awhile it was something I did....but found out months later it had nothing to do with me, so all of the second guessing and whatnot was just wasted energy on my part. I learned that I wasn't going to expend that kind of energy second-guessing and beating myself up over something that ultimately just wasn't going to work.

I got over it by screwing a few girls that I had wanted during the following weekends. Not ideal, but better than moping around. Now I just enjoy some wine, good food, and invite over someone fun to hang out with, as I don't have the energy to run around like that anymore.

Last edited by NotThatGuy; 04-18-08 at 02:32 AM.
Old 04-18-08, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Bury them in the backyard.

= J
Old 04-18-08, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

With joy.
Old 04-18-08, 08:17 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
With joy.

Wait a minute...who's Joy?
Old 04-18-08, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well when that happened to me 30 years ago, I went a found another girl.
Old 04-18-08, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by pedagogue
"Whatever"....and then I go sleep with her friend. Seriously....all it takes is a couple times, and word will get out that you mean business. oh, and that you are the kind of guy that will sleep with a girl's friends. Don't worry....they like that, it brings the competition out. I mean, if you think about it....they are fighting for the chance to f' you. That my friend is a WIN/WIN!
That, uh, doesn't always work out.
Old 04-18-08, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
With joy.

Old 04-18-08, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I yell out "LESBIAN!!!!" and walk away.
Old 04-18-08, 09:25 AM

With joy.
Oh snap!
Old 04-18-08, 09:30 AM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Depends on the length of the relationship and how close we were. I've shrugged off women I've only dated once or thrice, but if it was a genuine relationship? Ouch.

I was dating two women at the same time once when I met a third woman who is now my fiancee. Both women were nice, but there really wasn't a "spark" there. We'd dated at least five times apiece, so I figured an email would be a good route to go, saying thank you but I'm not feeling the "spark" and good luck in your future. One was really sweet about it and said she agreed and good luck to me, too. The other? The one who strung me along with nice dinners and no kissing? She just emailed back, "FINE." Heh. Hope she liked those dinners. Either she really, really didn't know how to take rejection or Me = Chump (probably a combo of both).
Old 04-18-08, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dogmatica
I was dating two women at the same time once when I met a third woman who is now my fiancee. Both women were nice, but there really wasn't a "spark" there. We'd dated at least five times apiece, so I figured an email would be a good route to go, saying thank you but I'm not feeling the "spark" and good luck in your future. One was really sweet about it and said she agreed and good luck to me, too. The other? The one who strung me along with nice dinners and no kissing? She just emailed back, "FINE." Heh. Hope she liked those dinners. Either she really, really didn't know how to take rejection or Me = Chump (probably a combo of both).
Email is so gauche. I send texts: "sry g2g hav a gd lf lol"
Old 04-18-08, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Put some more rohypnol in her drink...

Seriously.... when younger I would get all depressed and agonize about it. Thankfully I eventually had a revelation and realized, as others have, that there are plenty of other women out there.... and if you stop being a chumpy little bitch and just be indifferent they will be all over you.
Old 04-18-08, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I usually quit trying to negotiate with them and just pay them what they asked for to begin with
Old 04-18-08, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Brutal, unspeakable, horrifying violence.
Old 04-18-08, 10:23 AM
Admin-MemeCat

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Nobody likes being rejected because it means the other person does not find you desirable. To them, you are deficient in some way. That's why people get upset. Nobody likes having their deficiencies thrown in their face. Even if the chick is nuts and you're not really deficient in some way, it "feels" that way, so that's why the sad/violent/evil reaction from guys.

When I was younger I'd get really upset, but now I'd probably shake it off. When my wife rejects me, I go upstairs and play video games. It's a win-win.
Old 04-18-08, 10:24 AM

Next time a woman rejects me, I'm gonna kick her in the nuts!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.