DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   What makes you successful? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/529320-what-makes-you-successful.html)

bishop2knight 04-11-08 08:22 AM

What makes you successful?

For those of you who consider yourself successful, what is it that makes you think that?

For those of you who don't consider yourself successful, what is it that you need to do before you feel that you are?

Charlie Goose 04-11-08 08:45 AM

Some will probably say money, but happiness in life comes first. Of course, those two may be related. :)

Palaver 04-11-08 08:57 AM

Ass pennies

deadlax 04-11-08 09:20 AM

2 chicks, same time.

Minor Threat 04-11-08 09:44 AM

my kids successes.....

Mrs. Danger 04-11-08 09:48 AM

Making enough money doing what I like to do to keep doing what I like to do.

Wanna buy some art?

Bronkster 04-11-08 10:25 AM

Most of the voices tell me I'm successful ...

slop101 04-11-08 10:39 AM

I don't take risks - really. Though maybe I'd be more successful if I did - we'll never know...

melbatoast 04-11-08 10:45 AM

This one could get pretty deep for some people. If you have the time to type it all too.

I think that success is based on many things. I'm successful because I have intelligent, happy, good children. I'm able to work for myself instead of for "the man" and still live a good life. I am living the so-called "American Dream". I'm happy with my life and want for nothing. I have an incredible husband, family and friends. Overall, that's means I've lived a pretty damn successful life thus far.

Kittydreamer 04-11-08 10:46 AM

My voices tell me to paint everything lime green. Perhaps it will make me successful.

kvrdave 04-11-08 10:48 AM

My back hair. I think it's enchanted.

melbatoast 04-11-08 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by kvrdave

Does it glow? Can it pay for hourly horse rides? Then it's not all that enchanted, is it?

kvrdave 04-11-08 11:01 AM

You won't know the answer until you rub it.

Then comb the back hair.

NotThatGuy 04-11-08 11:12 AM

I'm significantly smarter than the vast majority of people, which makes up for my overwhelming laziness and apathy with anything that isn't intrinsically motivating. Oh, and I have good ego strength and no real self-esteem issues. :D

twikoff 04-11-08 11:14 AM

having the rest of the other forum to compare myself to

Tarantino 04-11-08 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by pedagogue
I'm significantly smarter than the vast majority of people, which makes up for my overwhelming laziness and apathy with anything that isn't intrinsically motivating. Oh, and I have good ego strength and no real self-esteem issues. :D

What he said. Add in the fact that we're both older than 25 and routinely go after 18-19 year olds, and we start to seem very similar.

= J

wendersfan 04-11-08 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by twikoff
having the rest of the other forum to compare myself to

Post count is not an adequate substitute for penis size.

;)

NotThatGuy 04-11-08 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tarantino
What he said. Add in the fact that we're both older than 25 and routinely go after 18-19 year olds, and we start to seem very similar.

= J

My minimum age is 21 now.....that whole drinking thing is annoying. Have a 22 yr old in the mix now, but a mature 22 yr old. :lol:

Kmical 04-11-08 11:30 AM

Attention to details.

It's really worked well since the police have yet to question me about the number of homeless people that have "mysteriously" disappeared in my area ;)

Troy Stiffler 04-11-08 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Minor Threat
my kids successes.....

Isn't that like sayin' 'I know a guy'?

I've got money, possesions and stay busy. No wife, no kids, no friends - and don't want none. I get to push to do whatever I want to do. I get to bet 'all of the chips' all the time.

kvrdave 04-11-08 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by wendersfan
Post count is not an adequate substitute for penis size.

;)

I can see why you'd say that. :D

The Bus 04-11-08 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by kvrdave

I was prepared to take notes. :(

Hiro11 04-11-08 01:37 PM

A startling ability to bullshit my way into and out of pretty much any situation.

Kudama 04-11-08 02:29 PM

I'm not succesful when I know I can be if I work in my spare time at what I really want to end up doing.

I need to get off my ass!

4KRG 04-11-08 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by pedagogue
I'm significantly smarter than the vast majority of people,

:lol:

One day you will be old enough to see EXACTLY how funny that statement is.

To answer the question at hand, I can accomplish anything I try to accomplish, so that makes me successful. Now I just need to actually try to accomplish something ;)