Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

If you get a delivery from UPS, does it arrive in the morning, afternoon or evening?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

If you get a delivery from UPS, does it arrive in the morning, afternoon or evening?

Old 03-24-08, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's up with UPS deliveries ALWAYS (and I mean 'All-Ways'...) arriving late in the day for me?

I mean, I KNOW people get early (in the day) UPS deliveries! I mean...they MUST!

If not, then what do the UPS delivery folks do during that time? Eat donuts and drink coffee all the live long wee-hours and wee-day, and then wait until after 5 in the FRIGGIN' afternoon to start making deliveries? I DON'T THINK SO...

Of COURSE they deliver early in the day! I've seen my neighbors get stuff all the time! But when it comes to, 'ol' baggy eyes, Paul', NO WAY!

He has to wait, and Wait, and WAIT...until the COWS COME HOME to get a damn package delivered!

Does anybody out there know of a list I can get on, or the person I HAVE TO PAY, so I won't have to wait & wait & wait, and waste & waste & waste the entire bloody day, a prisoner in my own home, because I can't get an early in the GALD DERN DAY UPS DELIVERY???

I'm Sorry y'all...

I just can't take it sometimes.

Nothing personal against any of you, honest. On the contrary. If it wasn't for you, I'd go completely nuts. Actually, because of you all (with your help, and jokes, and wisdom, and what have you), I manage to hold it all together.

But Seriously Folks...

Do any of you have any suggestions? I've called UPS and asked them about it, but they just blew sunshine (Aka: 'BS') in my face.

Anyway, Thanks for being there, and listening.

(I sincerely appreciate you all. )

-Ol' Baggy Eyes THEEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 03-24-08 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-24-08, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
UPS delivers during whatever 5 minute window you set to go get some lunch. Naturally it will require a signature so you will need to wait until the next day.
Old 03-24-08, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Zod
Old 03-24-08, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

the routes they take have a beginning, middle, and end...

starting form the dock, they go out in geometric pattern of deliveries planned out to a turn-by-turn detail by a VRPS (Vehicle Route Planning System) of some sort... big circles, or triangles, or the like... i actually installed some servers and set several of these VRP machines up for a Fedex depot... hooking them up to the upstream package tracking system is a trip... anyway... they're pretty cool... even work with mis-spelled addresses and whatnot...

your deliveries are at the same time of day because you are geographically on that place in the route... and while the delivery time will vary from day to day depending on how many deliveries before you are happening... the delivery time won't vary off the basic time of day... as you are probably on the loop back to the terminal...

if you order overnight or express delivery that changes everything... totally different approach by those express guys...

everyone should see the early morning package sort on one of those docks sometime... it's really something...
Old 03-24-08, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

UPS always delivers between 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm where I live. USPS between the hours of 2:30 pm and 6:30 pm. Usps did not deliver my Bonnie & Clyde ultimate dvd and warner gangsters 3 set today. Maybe Tuesday.....

Old 03-24-08, 08:52 PM

IF, and I mean IF, they decide to make a delivery, UPS shows up around 4-5 pm. If it's Friday, they never show up, but put info into the tracking system like they did.
Old 03-24-08, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by The Bus
Zod
Hey, Bus!

I second that!

Zod

Dr. Mabuse: Thanks for that play-by-play! Sounds pretty cool, indeed!

ernest: Sounds like what the Good Doctor said. We're all on pre-determined routes. Hope you get yer DVD soon.

Well...

I just got back from picking Treesa up from her work over there in BH doing donuts and 180's off the curb cuts on side streets, dodging cars looking for that UPS truck and guess what?

The truck was parked up on the corner of our street, and Tree said, 'HURRY! RUN AND STOP HIM BEFORE HE LEAVES!', so I pulled into our driveway, slammed it into park, jumped out the car and ran my arse off up and into the truck...but he wasn't there!

So I looked all around and I couldn't find him! I ran back to the car and that's when I heard Treesa say, 'There you are!', and sure enough, it was the UPS dude with my package in his sweet little hands!

(It was one of my '2' Toshiba HD DVD players I just bought!)

I asked him why I always get my deliveries in the late afternoon, and he said pretty much what the Good Doctor Mabuse said! (Thanks for taking the time to share that G-R-E-A-T info with us, Doc! )

So I thanked the dude and put 'my cardboard wrapped baby' into the backseat of the car, and after I parked it in our space, I took the box out and grabbed my 'Man Tool' (out of it's holster thing) and whipped out one of the knife blades and proceeded to cut that bad boy open (to check and see if it was new or just an open box) and guess what?

It was...

...was...

...was...was...

It was, was, was...
Spoiler:
& & & !!!A BRAND FRIGGIN' NEW A35 IN THE FACTORY SEALED BOX!!! & & &
So there ya have it.

Just another day in the life of...

-Ol' Baggy Eyes, THEEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 03-25-08 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-24-08, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sunshine = BS?
Old 03-24-08, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

No.

'Sunshine' DOESN'T = BS

'BLOWING Sunshine in my face' = BS
Old 03-24-08, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Close enough.
Old 03-24-08, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

OH, MACKY!!!

I LOVE YA SO DAMN MUCH!!!
Old 03-24-08, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
At work UPS delivers in the morning if we are receiving packages and stops by for pick-up in the afternoon. Our regular UPS driver has a key card to access our main door because we no longer have a receptionist.
Old 03-24-08, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Edit King
I took the box out and grabbed my 'Man Tool' (out of it's holster thing) and whipped out...
That's what she said!

I can't remember the last time we got a UPS delivery here, but at my old place, they always came in the middle of the afternoon.
Old 03-24-08, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

95% of the time, they come between 5pm and 6pm. Sometimes if it's a different driver I get the packages early, but the same driver has delivered to the apartment complex the entire 10+ years I live here and he's consistently coming by late in the day. I suspect it's because he knows that is more likely when people will be home so he doesn't have to cart a bunch of packages to the leasing office or keep the packages on his truck and coming back day after day to attempt deliveries. So I guess, if that's the case, I can't blame him.
Old 03-24-08, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
UPS generally delivers here in the late afternoon.
Old 03-24-08, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
UPS is around 4pm. USPS is around Noon. I haven't had a FedEx yet.
Old 03-24-08, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Between 3-4pm around here.
Old 03-25-08, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So it's TRUE!

...and here in my twisted widdle mind, I was starting to believe that I was the ONLY ONE who felt REJECTED BY UPS!!!

-THEEKSAKE!

Last edited by The Edit King; 03-25-08 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-25-08, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i dont think i have ever had a delivery before noon in any of the places ive lived. usually its after 3.
Old 03-25-08, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My UPS deliveries are always between 3-5 pm
Old 03-25-08, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

UPS usually stops at my work place between 10-11am. FedEx between 2-3pm.
Old 03-25-08, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

most times the business deliveries are done in the morning and residential later in the day
Old 03-25-08, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by al_bundy
most times the business deliveries are done in the morning and residential later in the day
That makes sense.

I get my mail around noon and UPS between 4-6. No FedEx yet.
Old 03-25-08, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

UPS and FedEx Ground are pretty much delivered right around 11:00.

2 or 3 day are usually closer to 5-6.
Old 03-25-08, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Mine are almost always after 5 PM, usually before 7. Sometimes the guy runs late. I've had deliveries at 9 PM a few times. Not kidding.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.