Reload this Page >

I am having one lucky week! YMMV

Other Talk "Otterville"

I am having one lucky week! YMMV

Old 03-14-08, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trubiet
Then even I would call her a thief! It is amazing how blown out of proportion this whole thing has gotten. With the exception of a few people who read the post for face value.

On another note, anyone reading and replying while at work is technically stealing from their company right now. Shame on you! You could be working on something else.

so was all the stuff supposed to go to Goodwill or what? if yes, then it's stealing. if not then it's just sketchy. how about answering these questions instead of deflecting that other people sin too?
Old 03-14-08, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by crazyronin
You obviously have no idea about what Goodwill does.
You obviously don't know what Goodwills are in Canada.

Last edited by The Eliminator; 03-14-08 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-14-08, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Nope! For the 10th time. There is no directive, as to why they don't throw everything away, I really don't know.
I can imagine that there might not have been a direct "Take this to a charity!", but I can't imagine that a store manager wouldn't think that the stuff would be rifled through, the best stuff taken and then the rest donated to charity.

Why does your wife get this AWESOME perk and not other employees?
Old 03-14-08, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by dick_grayson
so was all the stuff supposed to go to Goodwill or what? if yes, then it's stealing. if not then it's just sketchy. how about answering these questions instead of deflecting that other people sin too?
READ SOME OF THE OTHER POSTS!

Oh my God for the 10th time. I stated several times and other people have even seen it. (THERE IS NO PROTOCOL FOR WHAT SHE DOES WITH THE STUFF) as I originally said, we take about 99% of it to Goodwill. Most of the time there are just a bunch of basic items like I and others have pointed out.....jackets, hats, clothes....

It does NOT say "They told her to donate it, but we kept what we wanted".
Obviously people are not reading all of the pertinent material. I am not deflecting anything, and I have answered this question numerous times.
Old 03-14-08, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I worked in retail for many years, and this isn't totally out of the question. Someone would turn something in, and if it wasn't collected, that person could "take" it after 90 days. I got a nice ladies watch out of it...
Old 03-14-08, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think this is more than the tenth time by now, in fact, you were quoted right above this post as saying "for the 10th time."
Old 03-14-08, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by solipsta
I can imagine that there might not have been a direct "Take this to a charity!", but I can't imagine that a store manager wouldn't think that the stuff would be rifled through, the best stuff taken and then the rest donated to charity.

Why does your wife get this AWESOME perk and not other employees?

She is the head front end Mgr and has been doing this for six years. In the last couple of years there have been some opened DVD's as noted, and some smaller things.

This week seems unreal to me also. When I posted this, I didn't think I was going to be lambasted and have people call my wife a thief. Like I said before, pretty narrow one track minded and pathetic of certain people to make their own assumption and not be open to the FACT that this happened.
Old 03-14-08, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

READ SOME OF THE OTHER POSTS!

Oh my God for the 10th time. I stated several times and other people have even seen it. (THERE IS NO PROTOCOL FOR WHAT SHE DOES WITH THE STUFF) as I originally said, we take about 99% of it to Goodwill. Most of the time there are just a bunch of basic items like I and others have pointed out.....jackets, hats, clothes....

It does NOT say "They told her to donate it, but we kept what we wanted".
Obviously people are not reading all of the pertinent material. I am not deflecting anything, and I have answered this question numerous times.

I've read every post in the thread. I guess Goodwill should be lucky that your wife donates anything at all when she can just keep every damn thing for herself.....or better yet, sell it on ebay or return it for store credit somewhere.

Either way, I give up. I could give a shit about some walmart family that picks it's way through the lost and found. Enjoy your DS and camera and all other shit. Lucky you.
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Chrisedge
I worked in retail for many years, and this isn't totally out of the question. Someone would turn something in, and if it wasn't collected, that person could "take" it after 90 days. I got a nice ladies watch out of it...
So could I go into Wal Mart, pick up a brand new ipod, take it to the lost and found and then pick it up in 90 days after nobody claims it?

Originally Posted by Chrisedge

Pretty much the exact same idea here. I just happened to get some electronics.
Old 03-14-08, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pics of wife, plz
Old 03-14-08, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts
I'm sure by now trubiet is glad he's met some new pals here in Otterville.
Old 03-14-08, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by dick_grayson
I've read every post in the thread. I guess Goodwill should be lucky that your wife donates anything at all when she can just keep every damn thing for herself.....or better yet, sell it on ebay or return it for store credit somewhere.

Either way, I give up. I could give a shit about some walmart family that picks it's way through the lost and found. Enjoy your DS and camera and all other shit. Lucky you.

Your names stands up to your character. "Walmart Family" that is real nice, what are you five years old?
Old 03-14-08, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Vibiana
I'm sure by now trubiet is glad he's met some new pals here in Otterville.
I've been posting for a couple of years, I guess I just didn't upset anyone until now so I was not noticed.
Old 03-14-08, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by El Scorcho
pics of wife, plz
According to Dick Grayson you would not want to see them. We after all are a "Walmart Family" that picks through trash.
Old 03-14-08, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by John Galt
So could I go into Wal Mart, pick up a brand new ipod, take it to the lost and found and then pick it up in 90 days after nobody claims it?
Umm No. It was for employees, and not for merchandise we sold. Every place I've worked would have put the merchandise (if we sold it) back out on the shelf and screwed whoever lost it. Not sure which "policy" is worse.
Old 03-14-08, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Your names stands up to your character. "Walmart Family" that is real nice, what are you five years old?
Careful Dick, he's gonna insult your post count here in a second.
Old 03-14-08, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've been posting for a couple of years, I guess I just didn't upset anyone until now so I was not noticed.

Yeah that .39 posts per day really put your name out there for everyone to know who you are.
Old 03-14-08, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

THERE IS NO PROTOCOL FOR WHAT SHE DOES WITH THE STUFF
I assume that the only way you know this "fact" is that this is what your wife is telling you, right?
Old 03-14-08, 03:13 PM

I still am curious, though. Are you claiming the value of the donations your wife makes from the Walmart lost and found stuff on your tax returns?
Old 03-14-08, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Robertwoj
I still am curious, though. Are you claiming the value of the donations your wife makes from the Walmart lost and found stuff on your tax returns?
Absolutely not a penny.
Old 03-14-08, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mopower
Yeah that .39 posts per day really put your name out there for everyone to know who you are.
I enjoy doing this at work on my free time, it is not my life. Does it make your comments more important because you have more? That wasn't even worth typing.

I don't need the attention that obviously you must crave by making pointless comments.
Old 03-14-08, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I enjoy doing this at work on my free time, it is not my life. Does it make your comments more important because you have more? That wasn't even worth typing.

I don't need the attention that obviously you must crave by making pointless comments.

You said you didn't upset anyone until now. Well it's hard to upset people when you post 3 times a week. That's all I'm saying.
Old 03-14-08, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm guessing his post count has also near doubled today.
Old 03-14-08, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey, my YMMV joke made it into the title

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.