Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

I am having one lucky week! YMMV

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

I am having one lucky week! YMMV

Old 03-27-08, 12:54 PM
  #276  
DVD Talk Hero
 
El Scorcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 39,628
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Bus
I like how you're on both sides of the argument. Hedging your bets, eh?

How am I on both sides? My statements in this thread still stand. I just think it's stupid that someone went out of their way to start calling local area stores in their free time to try to win an internet argument.
El Scorcho is offline  
Old 03-27-08, 12:56 PM
  #277  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Th0r S1mpson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 36,443
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by El Scorcho
I'm at work. Completely different! Big difference between wasting my own time and wasting my company's.
There is no good argument against this statement. You win.
Th0r S1mpson is offline  
Old 03-27-08, 01:03 PM
  #278  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Galt's Gulch
Posts: 2,648
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by El Scorcho
I just think it's stupid that someone went out of their way to start calling local area stores in their free time to try to win an internet argument.
What if he made the calls while he was on the company's time?
John Galt is offline  
Old 03-27-08, 01:38 PM
  #279  
DVD Talk Hero
 
El Scorcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 39,628
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd still think it was retarded. It's fun at times to bitch at and argue with each other on the internet (especially during slower work days) but going out of your way to do it indicates that might care about the internet a wee bit too much.
El Scorcho is offline  
Old 03-27-08, 01:47 PM
  #280  
DVD Talk Hero
 
JasonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 40,068
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by El Scorcho
You still took time out of your personal life to win an internet argument, whether it was 10 minutes or 10 hours.
But you took time out of your personal life to berate him.

And now I took time out of my personal life to comment on you.
JasonF is offline  
Old 03-27-08, 01:47 PM
  #281  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Lyon Estates
Posts: 10,795
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by El Scorcho
I'd still think it was retarded. It's fun at times to bitch at and argue with each other on the internet (especially during slower work days) but going out of your way to do it indicates that might care about the internet a wee bit too much.

I think this thread was a special occasion. Logic and reason left pages ago.

dick_grayson is offline  
Old 03-27-08, 01:50 PM
  #282  
DVD Talk Legend
 
stingermck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 15,719
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I havent checked the thread for days, and was wondering why the hell there were new post. Phone calls. Classic
stingermck is online now  
Old 03-27-08, 02:00 PM
  #283  
DVD Talk Hero
 
El Scorcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 39,628
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JasonF
But you took time out of your personal life to berate him.

And now I took time out of my personal life to comment on you.

Work life! work!
El Scorcho is offline  
Old 03-27-08, 02:02 PM
  #284  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LurkerDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: The People's Republic of Boulder
Posts: 22,230
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by El Scorcho
You still took time out of your personal life to win an internet argument, whether it was 10 minutes or 10 hours.

But hey, you're the idol of the geeks for a day, so whatever floats your boat I guess.


And you have never gone to, say, espn.com or someplace similar to research stats for an argument in the sports forum?
LurkerDan is offline  
Old 03-27-08, 02:06 PM
  #285  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
The Bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 54,909
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by El Scorcho
How am I on both sides?
You say Tarantino wasted his time by calling Wal-Mart where in reality, he did it for what I understand is something known as "the lulz"...

Then your countergument to another poster is that he has posted <1% of the amount you have. So I take it you've found the perfect balance and amount of time being used and anyone who deviates from it is making a huge mistake?

Don't worry, that's how I think of things too.

Last edited by The Bus; 03-27-08 at 02:09 PM.
The Bus is offline  
Old 03-27-08, 02:07 PM
  #286  
Enormous Genitals
 
Bandoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Posts: 33,473
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
This thread is fascinating.
Bandoman is offline  
Old 03-27-08, 02:09 PM
  #287  
DVD Talk Hero
 
El Scorcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 39,628
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LurkerDan


And you have never gone to, say, espn.com or someplace similar to research stats for an argument in the sports forum?

Never at home.
El Scorcho is offline  
Old 03-27-08, 02:11 PM
  #288  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Th0r S1mpson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 36,443
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by El Scorcho
Never at home.
Hey that is awesome
Th0r S1mpson is offline  
Old 03-27-08, 02:12 PM
  #289  
DVD Talk Hero
 
El Scorcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 39,628
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Bus
You say Tarantino wasted his time by calling Wal-Mart where in reality, he did it for what I understand is something known as "the lulz"...
He did it for laughs? I must be lul-proof then.

Then your countergument to another poster is that he has posted <1% of the amount you have.
I had a feeling the post count comment would be misconstrued. What I meant is that I always love it when people that don't often have much to say (which is fine, not everybody needs nor wants to post 15 times a day) use their rare moments in which they do speak up to slam on me. It makes a guy feel special.

So I take it you've found the perfect balance and amount of time being used and anyone who deviates from it is making a huge mistake?
Yep
El Scorcho is offline  
Old 03-27-08, 02:29 PM
  #290  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 14,806
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm the idol of the geeks for a day?

hey, that is awesome

= J
Tarantino is offline  
Old 03-28-08, 01:51 PM
  #291  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 761
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones
Well, from what Tarantino posted, doesn't look like he spoke to a store manager. He spoke to the people at the customer service desk. They don't run the store. From my recollection of the original post, the OP said the store manager was the person that authorized the deal. I could be wrong, but that's how I recall. So, not really quite being owned, especially since he's not speaking to the people that are in charge.

Pretty much what I was thinking too. He was speaking to an hourly employee. And all stores may be different even though I agree that they should all follow corporate rules.
trubiet is offline  
Old 03-28-08, 01:52 PM
  #292  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 761
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John Galt
What if he made the calls while he was on the company's time?

THAT WOULD BE STEALING....
trubiet is offline  
Old 03-28-08, 02:02 PM
  #293  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
argh923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Muncie, IN [Member formerly known as abrg923]
Posts: 6,341
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like she's stealing AND lying to you about it.

Of course, you're in denial over the fact that it could even be a remote possibility.
argh923 is offline  
Old 03-28-08, 02:06 PM
  #294  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: West Coast of Canada
Posts: 4,437
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love this thread. It's like the Slayer threads all over again, but in a different context.

I love the "I'm open to all possibilities, but the only one that's feasible is mine!" thingy, too.

Last edited by solipsta; 03-28-08 at 02:06 PM. Reason: smilie overload
solipsta is offline  
Old 03-28-08, 02:06 PM
  #295  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Th0r S1mpson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 36,443
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He's not in denial. He is totally open to the possibility that he is completely right. He's already admitted that, remember?
Th0r S1mpson is offline  
Old 03-28-08, 06:46 PM
  #296  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Raul3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Picture a cup in the middle of the sea
Posts: 10,705
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Next we know, someone drove all night to Wisconsin to check all Wal-Marts there.
Raul3 is offline  
Old 03-28-08, 06:57 PM
  #297  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Brent L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 13,617
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone needs to move to WI and just get a job there so we can truly settle this once and for all.
Brent L is offline  
Old 03-28-08, 07:16 PM
  #298  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 469
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by El Scorcho
I always enjoy it when someone with 233 posts in 3 years takes one of those rare opportunities to try to slam me (and yet fails miserably).
Always glad to be of assistance.

37,000 posts. Wow! That's a lot. Good for you. Sorry that I've been away for the last two days but I'm afraid that I had more important things to do.

It looks like you posted eight more times in this thread since I was last here, but that's not pathetic, it's "awesome".
foggy is offline  
Old 03-28-08, 07:33 PM
  #299  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 6,635
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trubiet
THAT WOULD BE STEALING....


very fitting
grrrah is offline  
Old 03-29-08, 11:04 AM
  #300  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 761
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brent L
Someone needs to move to WI and just get a job there so we can truly settle this once and for all.
TARANTINO....cleanup in aisle 3 please.
trubiet is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.