Reload this Page >

I am having one lucky week! YMMV

Other Talk "Otterville"

I am having one lucky week! YMMV

Old 03-20-08, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by greg9x
I think your wife should announce to the rest of the employees about getting the 'goods'.... then see how long the policy lasts.
Exactly...start a monthly raffle and let all the employees benefit.
Old 03-20-08, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by quietsoul
But, you obviously crave attention enough to post about getting your goods here. Hey, I'm not saying I wouldn't, but I know it's a bit on the shady side. I would take it and just be happy. No need to brag about it here. That is what you are doing. Looking for attention, bragging, right? Otherwise, why would anyone care?
As many others have pointed out, 1/2 of the posts on "Other" are of no great value, or purely for entertainment purposes.

I was not bragging in the least bit.

And I guess according to you, people who post something should not look for any kind of "attention"? That part of your reply is just useless. Do you think the average person who starts a thread does so assuming that no one will read it or reply?
Old 03-20-08, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by trubiet
As many others have pointed out, 1/2 of the posts on "Other" are of no great value, or purely for entertainment purposes.

I was not bragging in the least bit.

And I guess according to you, people who post something should not look for any kind of "attention"? That part of your reply is just useless. Do you think the average person who starts a thread does so assuming that no one will read it or reply?
Usually, they are looking for discussion or advice. You were posting only to say this is what I got for free. Maybe I should start a new thread about things I score at work for free, too? You posted earlier that you were hoping people would just chime in and congratulate you or tell you it's awesome.

So, I'm saying you're looking for attention. Hey, that's fine by me. Are you not looking for attention? Lots of other people are looking for attention, too.
Old 03-20-08, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
But, you obviously crave attention enough to post about getting your goods here. Hey, I'm not saying I wouldn't, but I know it's a bit on the shady side. I would take it and just be happy. No need to brag about it here. That is what you are doing. Looking for attention, bragging, right? Otherwise, why would anyone care?
Wow, what a deep and insightful post. You should copy and paste it every time someone posts a thread about a new girl, or a divorce, or getting a new job, or a promotion, or..gasp..having a baby! Those losers are all obviously craving attention and that's why they're starting all these personal threads.
And this is why i stopped posting personal stuff or stuff or any relevance here years ago. Because there's always a jerk (or a dozen) who think they're smarter than you, better than you and know everything.
Old 03-20-08, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cool Kitten
Wow, what a deep and insightful post. You should copy and paste it every time someone posts a thread about a new girl, or a divorce, or getting a new job, or a promotion, or..gasp..having a baby! Those losers are all obviously craving attention and that's why they're starting all these personal threads.
And this is why i stopped posting personal stuff or stuff or any relevance here years ago. Because there's always a jerk (or a dozen) who think they're smarter than you, better than you and know everything.
Thanks. If everyone follows your example, it saves me time from having through sift through all the threads about new girls, divorces, jobs, promotions, etc.
Old 03-20-08, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I work for a different major retailer, and no one has ever left this type of shit behind. In the rare case someone leaves behind, say, a digital camera, they come back for it.

Sounds like something fishy is going on at Wally World.

hey, that is awesome

= J
Old 03-21-08, 09:34 AM

Usually, they are looking for discussion or advice. You were posting only to say this is what I got for free. Maybe I should start a new thread about things I score at work for free, too? You posted earlier that you were hoping people would just chime in and congratulate you or tell you it's awesome.

So, I'm saying you're looking for attention. Hey, that's fine by me. Are you not looking for attention? Lots of other people are looking for attention, too.
Actually I never said I was "Hoping" people would shower me with attention/affection. I said "I thought at least someone would say, hey thats great or whatever"

As far as I am concerned, it is "awesome" so to speak.
Old 03-21-08, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Tarantino
I work for a different major retailer, and no one has ever left this type of shit behind. In the rare case someone leaves behind, say, a digital camera, they come back for it.

Sounds like something fishy is going on at Wally World.

hey, that is awesome

= J
Come on, I know you are just trying to butter me up with the "hey thats awesome"

I agreed many times with the fishiness of this whole thing.
Old 03-21-08, 09:54 AM

FYI FOR EVERYONE.......

Do not under any circumstance post any more personal stories on this forum. People will think that you are just looking for attention and trying to "GAIN" something from sharing your story.

You definately don't want to offend people on this forum that has nothing but (Important) posts on it at all times.
Old 03-21-08, 09:58 AM

Nice!
Old 03-21-08, 10:16 AM

That's a pretty amusing statement coming from someone who has has nearly 20,000 posts on this board and found her husband here. An unbiased outside observer might think that this place was of inordinate importance to you.
Old 03-21-08, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

FYI FOR EVERYONE.......

Do not under any circumstance post any more personal stories on this forum. People will think that you are just looking for attention and trying to "GAIN" something from sharing your story.

You definately don't want to offend people on this forum that has nothing but (Important) posts on it at all times.
What the hell were you expecting when you were posting your story in the first place?
Old 03-21-08, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

any car titles or Fabergé eggs in this weeks haul?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PIU52Yeogdk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PIU52Yeogdk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 03-21-08, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by foggy
That's a pretty amusing statement coming from someone who has has nearly 20,000 posts on this board and found her husband here. An unbiased outside observer might think that this place was of inordinate importance to you.
"was" being the operative word.
Old 03-26-08, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by kicker_of_elves
What the hell were you expecting when you were posting your story in the first place?

Looking at most of your posts with little or (ZERO) replies, what were you expecting?

Last edited by trubiet; 03-26-08 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-26-08, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just have to say. I thought at least one person would be like "hey that is awesome". Instead I get multiple insinuations that I or my wife are thieves.

Pretty shallow, you don't know me or my wife. What I posted is 100% truth. Pretty pathetic that some people automatically asume the worst. As I said in a previous post, I would not brag about stealing.

Thanks for the support! Give me a break.

I think it's cool! Don't let some of these posters get to ya. Everyone reacts to stuff differently.

I am glad Karma treated ya so good last week. Make sure to pay Karma back!

Old 03-26-08, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

There is likely something illegal going on and you are now a party to it, knowingly or otherwise. You need to report this to the manager so that it can be addressed properly.
Old 03-26-08, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sominex
I think it's cool! Don't let some of these posters get to ya. Everyone reacts to stuff differently.

I am glad Karma treated ya so good last week. Make sure to pay Karma back!

Thank You!!!! And I am not letting them get to me too much. I just think it is ridiculous how people are not open to the only possibility but their own.
Old 03-26-08, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You are not open to any possibility but your own. You latch onto any positive response and get angry about anything remotely questioning your view.
Old 03-26-08, 06:29 PM
Premium Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Sominex

I am glad Kudama treated ya so good last week. Make sure to pay Kudama back!
Old 03-26-08, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson
You are not open to any possibility but your own. You latch onto any positive response and get angry about anything remotely questioning your view.

You got me. I am a horrible person.

Duh... I am open to my possibility because it is the truth.
Old 03-26-08, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You got me. I am a horrible person.

Duh... I am open to my possibility because it is the truth.

So you're absolutely positive your wife couldn't be doing anything wrong in any way?

Ha, I've seen enough episodes of Veronica Mars to see that anyone is capable of anything and it's always the person you'd least expect.
Old 03-26-08, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So...I called both WalMarts in your area, trubiet (Green Bay, Wisconsin, right?).

(920) 499-9897 - West Mason St.
(920) 465-1333 - Main St.

I was transferred to the guest services desks while asking about the lost and found. Here's what they told me:

Items of value (such as a Nikon digital camera, which I said I'd 'misplaced' at their store) are put in the accounting office, and don't leave until someone comes in and claims them. No 60 days, no goodwill, nothing. Oh, and if something had the wrapper on it, which I asked about (yes, an HD-DVD set of Planet Earth), it'd be absorbed into the store inventory after a few days. The clothes are 'discarded' after about a month or so (what that means, who knows...trash, goodwill, could be anything). When I asked both nice ladies if any employees were able to take things home from the lost and found, they both replied that it would in fact, be stealing.

Both stores told me the same thing and had the same procedure (which, coincidentally enough, is the same policy the 'big box' retailers I work for use).

Bottom line, your wife is stealing from her company.

= J

Last edited by Tarantino; 03-26-08 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-26-08, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Tarantino
So...I called both WalMarts in your area, trubiet (Green Bay, Wisconsin, right?).

(920) 499-9897 - West Mason St.
(920) 465-1333 - Main St.

I was transferred to the guest services desks while asking about the lost and found. Here's what they told me:

Items of value (such as a Nikon digital camera, which I said I'd 'misplaced' at their store) are put in the accounting office, and don't leave until someone comes in and claims them. No 60 days, no goodwill, nothing. Oh, and if something had the wrapper on it, which I asked about (yes, an HD-DVD set of Planet Earth), it'd be absorbed into the store inventory after a few days. The clothes are 'discarded' after about a month or so (what that means, who knows...trash, goodwill, could be anything). When I asked both nice ladies if any employees were able to take things home from the lost and found, they both replied that it would in fact, be stealing.

Both stores told me the same thing and had the same procedure (which, coincidentally enough, is the same policy the 'big box' retailers I work for use).

Bottom line, your wife is stealing from her company.

= J

Old 03-26-08, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts
He must've fit those calls in when he had a break from directing a rap video.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.