Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Woman sits on Boyfriend's toilet for 2 Years

Old 03-12-08, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess she called in shit for work.
Old 03-12-08, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That must have been one hell of a bathroom reader book!
Old 03-12-08, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How many of you guys have spent any time in Kansas? There isn't really much to do. Sitting on the pot for 2 years never occurred to me, but I've done some pretty boring things growing up.
Old 03-12-08, 08:42 PM

I'm sorry she did what? And what did he do????
Old 03-12-08, 08:43 PM

Was this some kind of bizarre suicide by filth attempt?
Old 03-12-08, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Think of the kids that never got dropped off at the pool. Fucking parents these days.
Old 03-12-08, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Think of the kids that never got dropped off at the pool. Fucking parents these days.
The truth is, she was pregnant and didn't realize it, and the baby got stuck on the way out.
Old 03-12-08, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Martin Rigs to the rescue!!

Old 03-12-08, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Wasn't this a Nip/tuck episode where her flesh got woven into the couch fabric?

What in the hell is wrong with people?! At this rate, I will never be able to say 'Now, I've heard it all'.
Old 03-12-08, 11:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Did he tell her not to squeeze the Charmin while she was in there?
Old 03-13-08, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I bet she was just to pooped to get up!
Old 03-13-08, 12:43 AM

That must've been one helluva sudoku puzzle!
Old 03-13-08, 03:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well she's obviously sick. But what the fuck was HE thinking!?
Old 03-13-08, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

wow... that must have been one helleva burrito
Old 03-13-08, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by mndtrp
How many of you guys have spent any time in Kansas? There isn't really much to do.
There is in my neighborhood, especially if you're Bando.
Old 03-13-08, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
What I want to know is, did she have any form of entertainment in there? I mean, if she had internet in there, it is all explained.
Old 03-13-08, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They are thinking about charging the guy?

For what? Maybe being a dumbass and not dumping her.

I wonder what would have happened had he left for a 2 week vacation.
Old 03-13-08, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Pimped Out Power Room Sweepstakes - Roto-Rooter

Too bad for her, had she only known that Roto-Rooter was looking for someone to sponsor.....

Linky: http://www.rotorooter.com/powder/

(Cincinnati, Ohio - Jan. 22, 2008) - The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders and Roto-Rooter have teamed up to announce the perfect place to watch football's most anticipated game: the bathroom!

By way of its Pimped out Powder Room, Roto-Rooter will offer one lucky woman (or man) a few more excuses to spend time in the most-frequented room in the house. For starters: a salon-style hair dryer, a pedicure tub, a Nintendo® Wii™ and a triple-threat, flat-screen TV (perfect for viewing the Big Game) that also functions as a mirror and a heated towel rack.

This ultimate bathroom destination for the modern woman was created as a follow-up to last year's Pimped out John sweepstakes. More than 300,000 people entered to win the wacky custom-made commode decked out with every imaginable luxury enhancement, from an Xbox and LCD TV to a kegorator and bike pedals.

For the sweepstakes' second year, the company put a feminine touch on the prize as a shout out to those who make the most service calls: women. "Roto-Rooter understands that when it becomes necessary to seek high- quality plumbing and drain service, women make that call 55 percent of the time," said Paul Abrams, Roto- Rooter's public relations manager. "As a thank you, we've created a truly female-inspired refuge."

Pimped out Powder Room
Since women often sneak to the bathroom to steal moments of solace, the following features were incorporated into the Pimped out Powder Room to ensure all time spent there is pleasant:
* Kohler® San Raphael™ elongated one-piece luxury toilet with Ingenium® flushing system
* Kohler® C3-200 luxury toilet seat with bidet functionality, heated seat, deodorizer system, bowl light and remote control
* Aquavision® T-1 LCD MIRRORIVISION: This flat panel 17-inch TV doubles as a non-steamable bathroom mirror AND boasts a built-in heated towel rack. As if that's not enough, it's equipped with a waterproof remote control that can float in a bathtub
* Nintendo® Wii™ video game system
* Conair® Pro Styler™ 1875 watt salon-style hair dryer
* Homemedics® Pedicure Footbath
* PhotoGlow® virtual window: gives any bathroom the illusion of a view
* Apple® 16GB iPod® Touch™
* Bose® SoundDock® wireless digital music system with iPod® docking station
* Pottery Barn® Perfectly Prepped bath caddy with makeup mirror, fully stocked with cosmetics
* Philips® DVP3140 Ultra-slim Progressive Scan DVD player
* Pink Sony® Vaio® CR Series Notebook computer and custom-designed swing-away laptop desk
* Sonicare® Flex™ electric toothbrush
* Pink Pottery Barn® Supercool™ Fridge
* Flavia® Fusion™ drinks station with supply of teas, coffees and drinks
* Magino® acrylic stool / magazine rack
* Method® Aroma Sticks™ aromatherapy vase

Why the cheerleader tie-in? According to Abrams, "The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders are not only notoriously feminine, they're extremely busy. To be a member of the squad, the women must be enrolled in college or working part or full-time, not to mention the long hours of physical and mental conditioning they go through to make the team. Whether waiting for practice to start or to hit the field, they spend hours in locker rooms each week where they not only get ready and perfect their routines, but also do homework and check e-mail. As football mania sweeps the nation, we're honored to partner with the NFL's most elite, squad — perfect representatives for a prize specifically designed to rejuvenate women pressed for time."

As far as the cheerleaders are concerned, the Pimped out Powder Room is a touchdown. "What woman wouldn't want these amenities?" asks Megan Fox, four-year cheerleading veteran. "I'm all for pampering now and again, but the real beauty of the Pimped out Powder Room is the multi-tasking it encourages. You can dry your hair, soak your feet, make a cup of tea, check your e-mail and catch up on the game — all while sitting on what's sure to be the most comfortable seat in your home. They've thought of everything!"
Tired of towels lying all over your bathroom floor? Try hanging them up on a state-of-the-art TV that doubles as a towel rack AND mirror. Is that staticy alarm clock radio prohibiting you from channeling your best Beyoncé? Crank your iPod Touch. Sudoku not cutting it? Watch a DVD while soaking those tired feet in your pedicure tub. Gunky mascara got you down? Roto-Rooter's also throwing in a complete line of top-notch cosmetics along with two sets of fluffy pink and white towels.

Roto-Rooter will even come to your home to install the Pimped out Powder Room! Visit rotorooter.com to register to win the Pimped out Powder Room from Jan. 22, 2008 through April 1, 2008. The winner will be crowned on National Plumber's Day: April 25, 2008.
Old 03-13-08, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I still think the story is a hoax. I simply do not believe it.
Old 03-13-08, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Hey, the sofa thing was true, this is easier to believe.
Old 03-13-08, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
They are thinking about charging the guy?

For what? Maybe being a dumbass and not dumping her.

I wonder what would have happened had he left for a 2 week vacation.
Maybe the boyfriend had mental problems too? Thats the only thing i can think of.
Old 03-13-08, 07:48 PM

I found an updated story, which does offer some explanations.

-------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_20560.aspx

Woman Who Sat On Toilet Seat For Two Years Refusing To Help Medical Authorities
Thursday March 13, 2008
CityNews.ca Staff
It's one of the most bizarre cases detectives in the small town of Ness City, Kansas have ever dealt with. And now they have a new question - was there actually a crime committed? It's a story we first told you about on Wednesday, when a man called 911 about his girlfriend.

When authorities arrived, they were stunned. They discovered that 35-year-old Pam Babcock had apparently been sitting on her boyfriend's toilet seat for two years straight. The situation was so bad, the woman's skin had actually grown around the seat and it had to be removed surgically.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," explains Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple. "The hospital removed it."

Now questions are being raised about why Kory McFarren waited so long to call anyone and whether he should be charged with a crime.

He claims the woman in question had a phobia about leaving the bathroom caused by beatings she received in her childhood - and that it was her choice to stay in there. "She is an adult; she made her own decision," McFarren contends. "I should have gotten help for her sooner; I admit that. But after a while, you kind of get used to it."

The 36-year-old antique store worker insists the odd arrangement simply evolved over time and it got to the point where he no longer thought of it as strange. "It just kind of happened one day; she went in and had been in there a little while, the next time it was a little longer. Then she got it in her head she was going to stay - like it was a safe place for her," he outlines.

He claims she wasn't sitting on the seat for two years straight. She took baths, changed clothes and ate the food he served her in the room. He would come in to talk to her and they had otherwise normal conversations. It's just that they all happened in the washroom.

What changed? When Babcock appeared groggy and listless on February 27th, after spending as much as a month on the seat, McFarren panicked and finally called for help. Experts couldn't believe what they found when they arrived.

The victim seemed disoriented, her legs had atrophied from disuse, and she had literally grown into the seat. "She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple points out. "It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself."

And even then it wasn't easy. Babcock initially refused to leave her lavatory sanctuary but paramedics finally convinced her she needed to be checked out.

The couple has been together for 16 years and McFerrin is adamant that he tried to coax her out of her hiding place every day since she took up her post, but to no avail. "Her reply would be, 'Maybe tomorrow,'" Whipple relates. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

Babcock was in fair condition in a Wichita hospital but her bizarre lifestyle may have forever changed her prognosis. She's refusing to cooperate with her doctors or law enforcement personnel, and her years in that seat have damaged the nerves in her legs.

Doctors say there's a good chance she'll never walk again and she could wind up in a wheelchair.

The woman is reported to have had a traumatic childhood after her mother died when she was still a little girl. A neighbour recalls she was always kept inside her home and was rarely allowed to go outside.

The local sheriff now says he plans to charge the boyfriend with mistreatment of a dependent adult. But others are wondering if that's just.

They note neither of the duo involved appears to be in their right mind, and it may be that it's just an unfortunate arrangement among two people with diminished capacities.
Old 03-13-08, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger
Hey, the sofa thing was true, this is easier to believe.
I don't see how it would be physically possible to sleep that way, whereas with a sofa I guess it's not as hard to imagine, though I am not familiar with the sofa story. FZ would have had a field day with this stuff LOL.
Old 03-20-08, 11:11 AM
Cool New Member

Boyfriend charged in Kansas toilet case
NESS CITY, Kan. - A man whose girlfriend authorities say spent nearly two years in a bathroom in their house, sitting on the toilet so long that the seat adhered to her body, has been charged with mistreatment of a dependent adult.
ADVERTISEMENT

Kory McFarren, 37, was charged Monday in Ness County District Court.

McFarren called the Ness County Sheriff's Office in late February to say something was wrong with his girlfriend. When authorities arrived at the home, they found Pam Babcock, 35, stuck to the toilet, which they think she had sat on for about a month.

McFarren told authorities that Babcock feared leaving the bathroom and may not have left it in two years, although said he was unsure how long she was in there. He said that he took her food and water daily, and that he repeatedly asked her to come out but that she usually replied "maybe tomorrow."

"The only thing I am guilty of is I didn't get her help sooner," McFarren told The Associated Press nearly a week ago.

Ness County Attorney Craig Crosswhite said the mistreatment charge most closely fit the situation.

"I looked at the statutes and spoke to the attorney general's office," he said. "This was a very unusual set of circumstances, and this is the law that most closely applied to the situation."

Authorities said Babcock sat on the toilet so long that open sores developed and caused her to become attached to the seat. Sheriff Bryan Whipple has said that he used a pry bar to remove the seat from the toilet, and that the woman was taken to the hospital with the seat still attached.

"She would have to be sleeping on the toilet," Whipple said.

Doctors at a Wichita hospital where Babcock was taken told McFarren that an infection in her legs had damaged her nerves and could leave her in a wheelchair. She was still at the hospital Wednesday night.

McFarren's first court appearance will be in April, Crosswhite said.
Old 03-27-08, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by mhg83
Maybe the boyfriend had mental problems too? Thats the only thing i can think of.
It's official. The guy is a freak.
Boyfriend of woman on toilet arrested
A man whose girlfriend sat on a toilet for so long that the seat adhered to her body has been arrested in a separate case. Authorities say Kory McFarren was arrested Sunday for alleged lewd and lascivious behavior.

He allegedly exposed himself to a neighbor's teenage daughter and her friends. He spent the night in jail before posting bond.

No charges had been filed by Thursday. The 36-year-old McFarren could not be reached for comment.

He was charged last week with a misdemeanor count of mistreatment of a dependent adult. That was after his girlfriend was found stuck to the toilet in late February.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080327/...hroom_arrest_3

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.