Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Crazy Neighbor

Old 03-11-08, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Crazy Neighbor

So tonight I'm trying to do my work, and one of my neighbors is laying on their horn incessantly (9:30pm). I walk across my driveway into the middle of the road and go, "What the hell are you doing?" She storms up to me (right in my face) and goes on a 2+ minute diatribe that pretty much confirmed that she is crazy. The typical:

"who are you to ask me that?"
"You are an asshole."
"Do you know who I am?"
"I'm taking care of an old lady.....people are constantly waking me up at 8am, etc"
"It isn't that late, it is 9:30pm."

She rounded it out with a, "I can call the cops because you are HARRASSING me".

Uhm…for a neighbor walking over into the STREET and asking why you are laying on your horn at 9:30pm at night? And you responded by getting in my face, screaming at me, and threatening to call the cops. The only thing I said after that was that I didn’t appreciate her laying on her horn at this time of the night. And I walked away, and she kept on yelling how I was the kind of person who lives in FL, because I'm an asshole.

Oh, and her reasoning for laying on her horn….she ”locked herself out”. A rational person would knock on the door, no?

What an idiot.

Last edited by NotThatGuy; 03-11-08 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-11-08, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Isn't that par for the course in Florida?
Old 03-11-08, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by The Bus
Isn't that par for the course in Florida?
Seriously though, me coming out and complaining isn't over the line...right? It wasn't like she honked for a second, she was laying on her horn for a few minutes. I said 2 things to her the entire time, and she just ranted. God, I hate people sometimes.
Old 03-11-08, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I must live next door to her brother, cause there is some idiot that does it here, and I live in California.
Old 03-11-08, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have the same sort of neighbors

too GD lazy to get out and knock on the door so they lay on the horn, of course these are the same losers that own the non stop barking dog
Old 03-11-08, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I should have just let it go, but stuff like that pisses me off....absolutely no concern for other people. It isn't like I ran up to her car and banged on it, I didn't even cross the sidewalk, as things can escalate with that kind of aggressive behavior, so I felt best to stay in the street.....of course, I didn't expect her to storm over to me and get 3" from my face, followed by her pointing at me and screaming. Oh, and great display of self control, as she ranted on and on about her mother/grandmother, and the dogs that wake them up, and the people in her yard, etc. Because *I'm* the one who is doing all of that to her.
Old 03-11-08, 09:30 PM

You used the word "Hell". You can't do that and not be 100% at fault around here.
Old 03-11-08, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My parents had a neighbor, the lady had moved out of the house and her daughter was still living there. The lady would park outside of the house in her car and continually honk the horn for the daughter to emerge. I am guessing it was pure laziness on the lady's part not to get out of the car and knock or ring the doorbell.

No you were not out of line; I imagine some of your neighbors heard you confront her about it and they were glad that you at least said something to her. Some people are just idiots.
Old 03-11-08, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You were being a bit cranky, but she was being downright rude.
Old 03-11-08, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger
You were being a bit cranky, but she was being downright rude.
I am admitteldy cranky about stuff like that, because it is being pure lazy. She was IN HER DRIVEWAY laying on her horn. She didn't want to get out of her car, walk to the front door (20' away) and have to go back to her car to put in the garage. So instead, she lays on her horn, making her 92 yr old mother/grandmother open up the garage for her.
Old 03-11-08, 10:10 PM
Needs to provide a working email

If I were an immature man, I'd say dog poop in the mailbox is in order. But I, sir, am totally mature!

But seriously, put dog poop in her mailbox.
Old 03-11-08, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If someone came running up to 3" of me I would assume they were going to attack me.... You do own a taser right ??
Old 03-11-08, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by greg9x
If someone came running up to 3" of me I would assume they were going to attack me.... You do own a taser right ??
I had about 4" inches on her, and she was like 50 something. She looked like a tough broad, but I think I could have taken her. I was half expecting her to slap me, as she was *really* getting worked up, and I didn't escalate it by pointing out the obvious. I just let her rant.

I mean, I did previously run groups on anger management, emotional regulation, and social skills training....so I know my way around people with poor impulse control and frequent emotional instability. Right when she started to mention her grandmother and all of this personal info, I became the person she was going to explode on.
:
Old 03-11-08, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Since this is a pedagogue thread, we all know where this story is heading, right?
Old 03-11-08, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Hank Ringworm
If I were an immature man, I'd say dog poop in the mailbox is in order. But I, sir, am totally mature!

But seriously, put dog poop in her mailbox.

It's much more entertaining to stuff a stray cat in the mailbox. Especially if the person is lazy enough to pull their truck up to the mail box to get their mail.
Old 03-11-08, 10:38 PM

If it had been me I would have been forced to make her cry. Verbally of course.
Old 03-11-08, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by pedagogue
I mean, I did previously run groups on anger management, emotional regulation, and social skills training....so I know my way around people with poor impulse control and frequent emotional instability. Right when she started to mention her grandmother and all of this personal info, I became the person she was going to explode on.
:
You should charge her for her session.

w00t! DVD Talk Gold Edition baby!

Last edited by wishbone; 01-14-09 at 12:07 AM.
Old 03-11-08, 11:02 PM
Suspended

The dumber you are = the more you use your vehicle's horn for communication
Old 03-11-08, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't care what time of day it is, if someone is laying on their horn non-stop, they are being total jerkwads. What a crazy bitch!
Old 03-11-08, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I hope she doesn't try and complain to the home owners association. Of course, I could ask them who wants to hear someone laying on a horn at that hour....being that the vast majority of people who live here are 40's and 50's. This is the same home owners association that sends out notices if people need to repaint their mailbox or walk their dogs without leashes....so the honking horn won't fly.
Old 03-11-08, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My neighbor across the street just the other day started screaming at my wife because she parked in front of her house. And they had always been friendly too.

Car horn = The Staten Island Doorbell
Old 03-11-08, 11:43 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

was she hot?
Old 03-11-08, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

No. She was NOT hot. Old, wrinkly, and bitter.
Old 03-12-08, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The real question is this - after you confronted her, did she stop honking the horn? Plus, the next time she thinks about laying on the horn she is going to remember her crazy neighbor (you, in her eyes) and may just honk a few times.
Old 03-12-08, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Heat
The real question is this - after you confronted her, did she stop honking the horn? Plus, the next time she thinks about laying on the horn she is going to remember her crazy neighbor (you, in her eyes) and may just honk a few times.
She indeed stopped.

*fist pump*

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.