Other Talk "Otterville"

Crazy Neighbor

Old 03-12-08, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrNicolas
In this day and age you can't confront people like that, there is no telling what they will do. Best thing to do is call the cops and ask them to investigate. But at 9:30 PM I am not sure they will do anything. Around here disturbing the peace happens after 10 PM.
They'd probably laugh because I live in suburbia....then again, there probably isn't a whole lot going on, so maybe they'd send someone out. I know one of the higher-ups at the local station, but I'd only call him if she started to make an issue of it.
Old 03-12-08, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Layziebones
My neighbors deal drugs.

I win.
What kind of drugs do they have and do you have their phone number so i can give them a call
Old 03-12-08, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I had one of those (drug dealing neighbor), but he was also an aspiring DJ with HUGE speakers and no furniture.

PSA for DVDTALK: Do not living in/around a sketchy part of a city that is always in the top 5 of Murders, Violent Crime, and STDs. (B'more in the house!!)....because you may get shot.
Old 03-12-08, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ukywyldcat
You used the word "Hell". You can't do that and not be 100% at fault around here.
I think you're confusing the word "Hell" with "threatening to beat her face in."

Anyway, you should have went with the **** punch. Pretty much the solution to everything.
Old 03-12-08, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by pedagogue
I had one of those (drug dealing neighbor), but he was also an aspiring DJ with HUGE speakers and no furniture.

PSA for DVDTALK: Do not living in/around a sketchy part of a city that is always in the top 5 of Murders, Violent Crime, and STDs. (B'more in the house!!)....because you may get shot.
And don't snitch.

Last edited by dieinafire; 03-12-08 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-12-08, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MrNicolas
In this day and age you can't confront people like that, there is no telling what they will do. Best thing to do is call the cops and ask them to investigate. But at 9:30 PM I am not sure they will do anything. Around here disturbing the peace happens after 10 PM.
Confronting people only works if you know they are as rational as you are, but if they are acting irrationally, then probably not.

I live in an apartment complex and I see this kind of crap all the time. I can't say I ever felt compelled to say anything, but it usually involves somebody pulling into a parking spot and honking their horn repeatedly before they even come to a complete stop.

What I find much, much more annoying are those morans who think the entire world wants to hear the bass in their music, so they pump it up so loud it vibrates through every piece of wood in my floors, walls and ceiling. That's particularly special after midnight.

I guess I am the crazy one for acting like I live in a COMMUNITY and respecting the fact that noise and other things just suddenly don't stop traveling because I close a door/shut a window. I do my best to not behave in annoying ways (my rule of thumb is if I can hear my music or TV out in the hallway with the door closed above just normal noise (like putting on my jacket) then it's too loud. Unfortunately, some people just can't seem to grasp that concept. They are usually lacking in other areas of their life as well.
Old 03-12-08, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dieinafire
And don't snitch.
Yeah, I know well enough not to do that! They'd be like who did it.....The white boy!! I was the only white guy in the surrounding few buildings, so uhm.....yeah, so I had to watch what I said/did!

As for dealing with rationale people....unfortunately most people can fake 'normal'. I once told a lady at the supermarket to watch her kid, because he took out half an isle with his arms, and the ran into me. She went off on me, and I invited her to my Anger Management class, and she stopped dead in her tracks; it was awesome. (one of those, 'I'M NOT ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!' ) I had an employee thank me for that one.

btw....yes, I am that guy who will tell someone when they are being an idiot or their spawn are being idiots. I consider it part of my charm.
Old 03-12-08, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by acubfaninmd
What kind of drugs do they have and do you have their phone number so i can give them a call
Im assuming Meth.

Everyday people come up and leave 10 minutes later with little brown bags. Plus they have a secret knock. They are weird but uh I wouldnt trust the drugs their dealing.
Old 03-12-08, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Is this "laying the horn" some Florida slang?
Old 03-12-08, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Meglos
You're one of those people who lay on their horns, aren't you?
no not at all and i think people who do are idiots. i live in chicago though so noise doesnt bother me. maybe im just used to it.
Old 03-12-08, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was half expecting her to slash me tires that night
Or try to steal your Lucky Charms.
Old 03-12-08, 10:28 PM

Set her house on fire. With her in it.
Old 03-13-08, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by chino77
it was 9:30... who cares. yeah she was a bitch and you were a dick for sticking your nose in her buisiness.
Yep, because everyone works the typical 9-5, going to bed at 10pm. EVERYONE works the exact same schedule, no one ever sleeps during the day, working at night.
Old 03-13-08, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mndtrp
Yep, because everyone works the typical 9-5, going to bed at 10pm. EVERYONE works the exact same schedule, no one ever sleeps during the day, working at night.

She was interrupting my work, which i found obnoxious.
Old 03-13-08, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Old 03-13-08, 09:45 AM

Yeah, I know well enough not to do that! They'd be like who did it.....The white boy!! I was the only white guy in the surrounding few buildings, so uhm.....yeah, so I had to watch what I said/did!

As for dealing with rationale people....unfortunately most people can fake 'normal'. I once told a lady at the supermarket to watch her kid, because he took out half an isle with his arms, and the ran into me. She went off on me, and I invited her to my Anger Management class, and she stopped dead in her tracks; it was awesome. (one of those, 'I'M NOT ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!' ) I had an employee thank me for that one.

btw....yes, I am that guy who will tell someone when they are being an idiot or their spawn are being idiots. I consider it part of my charm.
I will let people know also. I don't take shit from assholes.
Old 03-13-08, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by mndtrp
so now everyone has to be quiet during the day too?
Old 03-13-08, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 188 Posts
You could always come bouncing out with a baseball bat ever time someone is noisy, and yell something like, "What's wrong? I'm here to help! Where's the trouble?!"
Old 03-13-08, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
Or try to steal your Lucky Charms.
Literally made me
Old 03-13-08, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

<--doesn't like Lucky Charms.
Old 03-13-08, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 75 Posts
<--doesn't like Lucky Charms.

[irish brogue]Maybe I don't like
ya either laddy...[/irish brogue]
Old 03-16-08, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by chino77
so now everyone has to be quiet during the day too?
If you don't want people honking their horn at 4 in the morning, how is that any different than me not wanting people honking their horn at 4 in the afternoon?

It's not hard to have respect for other people 24hrs a day.
Old 03-16-08, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dieinafire
I will let people know also. I don't take shit from assholes.
i just stab 'em...

first sign of anything weird and a knife is buried in somebody's ass...
Old 03-16-08, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

No word from the neighbor.....thank god.