Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Do you hate people using your Bathroom (or even using others/public RRs)?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 03-09-08, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Just had a family get together and I dig that, I dont mind people, family, friends, whatever. But a little smear left on the toilet brings up this topic cause when it comes to the bathroom I HATE for anyone but me to use the one I use. Theres about 2 people I can accept using it, thats it. And I mean for taking shits, leaks are no biggie.

Because of that I also hate using other peoples bathrooms. I do it when I have to without a problem but I dont like it. However, I will NEVER use a public bathroom or gahhh.... porta potty... blah.

It cant just be my sister, dad and I with this OCD can it?
Old 03-09-08, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I may not be as extreme as you, but close. I will say I've never used a 'port-o-pot' (and never intend to). As far as the shared bathroom, I've lived in a few places with only 1 bathroom - kind of hard not to share the facilities with anyone you have over. Since we moved into our current home, with 2 bathrooms, I'm very protective of my throne
Old 03-09-08, 10:28 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

I don't like using public toilets and generally only use them in emergencies though I don't have a problem with other people's houses. How else can you explore their medicine cabinets!? j/k
Old 03-09-08, 11:04 PM

I keep Lysol Sanitizing Wipes in my own bathroom for use in between people. Public restrooms I use only out of ABSOLUTE necessity (and then only for peepee.)
Old 03-09-08, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

There's guest bathrooms for the guests. To get to my bathroom you'd have to be in my bedroom and no one goes in there.

Oh.

Old 03-09-08, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

GEORGE: (While skimming a Monk's menu) You know, I didn't go to the bathroom the entire time we were in India.

ZUBIN: If I had to go to India, I wouldn't go to the bathroom the entire trip.

NINA: George, I've used the bathroom. It's fine.

GEORGE: (Struggling) No, no, no, no. I can walk it off. It's a hundred and twenty degrees in here.. I'll sweat it out.

SUE ELLEN: Uh, no. It's Pinter. Does anyone want to use the bathroom?

GEORGE: (Leading Nina out the airport) Oh, no. No. We're good. Let's get goin'. Alright. (Almost bumps into Jerry) Watch it, funny man. (Leaves)
KRAMER: George, why couldn't I use the bathroom in that store?

GEORGE: Kramer, trust me, this is the best bathroom in midtown!

KRAMER: [frustrated] Wha??

JERRY: [dry] He knows.

GEORGE: {Anyway,} on the left--exquisite marble! High ceilings. An' a flush, like a jet engine! [imitates sound] Ha ha!

KRAMER: [impressed] Now, listen, uh. You better not wait. I'll catch you later.

GEORGE: You sure?

JERRY: [dry] He knows.
Old 03-10-08, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have no problem going anywhere. Portapotty's, outdoors, next to a car after a concert, whatever.

As far as in my house, I just don't like it when people leave something in the toilet.
Old 03-10-08, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't like using public restrooms either, but when you gotta go..you gotta go.
Old 03-10-08, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

On using public restrooms -- I keep baby wipes in my purse to clean the seat with if it looks nasty.

About my own bathroom -- I'm actually more worried about someone being critical of my cat-hair-laden bath rugs and general housekeeping skills, than about their leaving a mess on the john. But I do dislike it when they leave the lid of the toilet up. My cats can't swim.
Old 03-10-08, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I had this coworker that whenever he needed to go to the bathroom, when we were in the office, he'd drive home for it. He lived 15-20 mins from work, so it wasn't a long drive, but still.

I don't like public restrooms, but I just can't hold it for a long time, so when I have to go, I just go.
Old 03-10-08, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

15-20 minutes each way is a long trip. if he worked for me he would have gotten canned, pun intended.
Old 03-10-08, 01:06 PM

I'm thankful I'm not OCD about anything, so if someone needs to use the toilets in my house, then go ahead. Likewise, when I need to go, I will just go. I'm not fond of public toilets or port-a-potties, but they are hard to avoid at times when your body is saying, time to go!
Old 03-10-08, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
I don't like using public restrooms either, but when you gotta go..you gotta go.
This.

I like taking dumps at work too, nothing like getting paid while taking a shit.

God bless America.
Old 03-10-08, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am the same. I don't like people using my bathroom . I am always worried it isn't as clean as it should be. I hate using the bathroom when people are around any time though.

I try to time my bathroom use when it will be empty which means lunchtime or after 5:00 pm or so since very few people work late with me. Thinking about it now I have always been lucky about work and the bathroom. For the most part I have never worked somewhere where we had a busy bathroom.

I am really self conscious about it when I have company. I hooked up with a friend on my birthday years ago. She didn't leave my side for the entire weekend and I thought I was going to pop. My roommate called me to see if I could pick him up from the airport. I thought finally a reason to escape. I figure I can park in short term and use the airport bathroom by luggage since it will be empty this time of night. Of course she wants to go with me. We pull up to pick up and I just can't hold it anymore. I tell her you wait here with the car and I will go get him since he won't know to look for you. I run inside and completely fill the toilet. I probably emptied that thing three times and lost 10 pounds in the process. I meet him and all is well.

I think this was about the same time I realized I could never be married lol or if I did get married I would need two master baths.
Old 03-11-08, 12:19 AM

Put something really strange in your medicine cabinet like plutonium or a severed hand. You'll be able to tell if they were snoopin.
Old 03-11-08, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Learn the hover technique.

I've come very close to shitting my pants, the one time I was with my little brother and couple of close friends. We just got done seeing American Pie 2, and were leaving the theatre - We got out to the car and were pulling out of the parking lot.

Then it hit me.

You know - the cheap ass pretzel bite cheese and Orange Pop combo. It was like the noise you hear in the comedies when someone has to take a shit - the stomach noise! I started sweating and having metapasal heatwave symptoms, I was yelling for them to find someplace to pull over at!

We found a TACO BELL, and as most know - the reaction most people have to Taco Bell would lead most to use other facilities. I didnt however have this luxuary.

The car didnt even stop yet and I was running and gunning for the entrance, the cashier smiled as I entered. I ignored the 'Welcome to Taco Bell' speal, as i quick unfastened my belt as I frantically searched for the Public Restroom.

I found it!, relief struck me as I kicked the door open (literally), This was going to be not good! I ferreted myself...

Now I'm not sure if anyone in here owns ferrets, but I was pulling a ferret shitting routine. (((Google that shit if you wanna know - its funkin' hillarious.)))

I didnt even look at the area where the 2001 Charman Toliet Bowl was going to be played at - I just aimed back and shot. I swear I hovered for about 10 minutes, thinking I was going to die and hoping no one would enter during my devastation.

After finishing my legs burned hard and I prayed that there wasnt a huge mess, I looked back and was overcome with joy that I wasnt going to be spending the night cleaning up this mess...

I left vowing never to eat theatre cheese ever again.
Old 03-11-08, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Lady Deviant
Put something really strange in your medicine cabinet like plutonium or a severed hand. You'll be able to tell if they were snoopin.

Now if only Doc Brown would get out of the house every once and awhile, I think I could make that happen.
Old 03-11-08, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

when i need to go, I go.
Old 03-11-08, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

File me under the OCD.

My list of bathroom hang ups.

1: I will not use a public restroom. I live five minutes from work, so if I must go, I simply drive home and use the bathroom.

2: The wife and I live in an apartment with two bathrooms, one downstairs and one upstairs. I refuse to use the bathroom on the floor she is at. So if she is in the living room (downstairs), I walk upstairs. If she is in the bedroom, I walk downstairs. I demand my privacy.

3: I cannot and will not use the bathroom if someone is visiting. I simply hold it.

4: I will not use someone's bathroom. I won't even use my own parents, since I've moved out. I ate there last night, got sick and had to use the bathroom bad. I went in and tried, but due to a mental hang up, I simply could not poop. I had to wait until we got home, which is a thirty minute drive. Hell, I once held it for almost a week, due to the fact I was staying at someone's home.

5: I typically defecate on schedule. I do it before I go to bed, I do it before I take a shower, I do it after I have sex and I always do it first thing in the morning. So, on the average, I poop three times a day, according to that schedule.

6: I also pee sitting down. This gets rid of any risk of after splash or any of that nonsense. Don't have to raise the lid, don't have to worry about missing. You just sit down and pee.

Last edited by LivingINClip; 03-11-08 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-11-08, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was completely unaware that such a large percentage of the population had this crazy OCD. File this under shocked.

I'll go anywhere, including in the woods while camping, or stadium stalls, if necessary.
Old 03-11-08, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Ditto
Old 03-11-08, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by deadlax
I was completely unaware that such a large percentage of the population had this crazy OCD. File this under shocked.

I'll go anywhere, including in the woods while camping, or stadium stalls, if necessary.
Ditto, I too didn't know about so much OCD...well, I guess I know now.
Old 03-11-08, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

At least for me it is just one of those things that I feel is really personal. I guess it makes up for the fact I have no real qualms about anything else.
Old 03-11-08, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Too many bathroom rules here. Sometimes, you have to go no matter what. I hate to use public toilets as the next person but you do what you have to do. If you can't get over that, how in the world can you travel? Besides, there have been studies that show there are more germs on keyboards and door handles than on toilet seats.
Old 03-12-08, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by WepaMan
This.

I like taking dumps at work too, nothing like getting paid while taking a shit.

God bless America.

Thank you - I live by this philosophy.