Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

When is too early to invite a girl out to meet your friends?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

When is too early to invite a girl out to meet your friends?

Old 03-08-08, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Bandoman
One man's awkward is another man's threesome.
That is awesome.
Old 03-08-08, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you invite her that REALLY smokin girl you always see around town will be out and want to give you a 'special' birthday present.......
If you don't invite her you'll end up hanging with that drunk girl who thinks The Spice Girls were the BEST BAND EVER and keeps wanting you to asking the DJ to play 5 of their songs in a row....
Either way you'll wish you chose the other option....
Old 03-08-08, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Baptism by fire. I say bring her.
Old 03-08-08, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TheNightFlier
Baptism by fire. I say bring her.
I invited her, she's gotta get back to me.
Old 03-08-08, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bon chance mon ami.
Old 03-08-08, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pedagogue
"Outlook not so good"

never doubt the wisdom of the Magic 8 Ball...
Old 03-08-08, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Does it really matter? From what I can tell, if she doesn't like it, you'll have a new chick before she can get done saying "go to hell".

Bring her along. Better to meet the real peddy, and not the looking-to-make-an-impression peddy.
Old 03-08-08, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mndtrp
Does it really matter? From what I can tell, if she doesn't like it, you'll have a new chick before she can get done saying "go to hell".

Bring her along. Better to meet the real peddy, and not the looking-to-make-an-impression peddy.
Oh, I plan on making an "impression" tonight.

I may meet up with her, still TBD....she promised a friend she'd go out with her, but she said she may come find us. I have another girl lined up for next weekend, and a shin-dig with girl #1 on monday.

Time to go let loose.
Old 03-08-08, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I may meet up with her, still TBD....she promised a friend she'd go out with her, but she said she may come find us. I have another girl lined up for next weekend, and a shin-dig with girl #1 on monday.
Hell, she didn't even have a chance to say anything.

Life would have been a lot more exciting if I would have stumbled across these posts 10-15 years ago. Pining after one girl is dumb. Grabbing a handful of Lucky Charms will almost always result in at least one pot of gold.
Old 03-09-08, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh, I plan on making an "impression" tonight.

Time to go let loose.
Sounds like you are gonna be busy! Don't forget to wrap!

Old 03-09-08, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So I didn't end up meeting up with her....which is just as well, as I was rather intoxicated because my friends are awesome! I also had a great steak dinner (20oz bloody Porterhouse. ).

I did meet a bachelorette party and danced with a couple of the girls. I was told later one was the bride to be, and she was definitely into rubbing her ass against my junk....no complaints here though. They got scared away by a group of 8-10 latin guys (no one over 5'6") who all came in and surrounded them on the dance floor. I felt very very tall because between them and a group of asian women came in (no one over 5'4"), I was towering over most of the people on the dance floor (I'm only 6'1"). My housemate's g/f walked right up to the Asian women, motioned to me, and stuck me in the middle.....she's awesome. My legs got a work out, as they were all really short and I had to get really low to make it work. I ran into this problem a few months ago when a friend of a friend met me out a couple of times (she's 5'0"), and she was stupid hot. I should call her, as I'm not hanging out with her friend anymore (she didn't want to be "that girl"). Yeah, I'm classy.

As for the rest of the night....it was a good time. As we went to different bars, I most stuck to dancing with a good friend of mine, who is a blast to dance with (and she's cute....though totally off limits as she is engaged to a really nice guy). My ride bailed early because two of the people weren't feeling well, but our group kept on strong and pretty much closed down the bars......and then went back to my housemate's g/f's house for some RockBand! That was a ton of fun, even though I could only play on beginner (the only other time I played I did it on intermediate). I think we finally called it a night around 5:30am. I got up at 1:15pm.

All and all, a very fun bday weekend!

Oh, and I still have 3 things planned for the upcoming week.....and trying to plan a 4th.

Last edited by NotThatGuy; 03-09-08 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-22-08, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Met 2 more girls tonight....and I picked the one who is worse for me (of course), go me! Awesome girl, though my friend had a thing for her awhile back, but in my defense....she is the one who asked for my #. I have work in a few hours, so I left it at that, I guess we'll see where it goes. The other girl is a friend of a friend, so I may still talk with her a bit.
Old 03-22-08, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by grrrah
4. Why are we giving The Ped dating advice?
As the most successful swordsman on the forum, he should be giving us advice!
Old 03-22-08, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Nick Danger
I think he is looking for a girl to marry but the sluts are to numerous to give up, they are everywhere.... Why pay for the cow when you can get milk for free, or something like that.

Old 03-22-08, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i lol'd at this thread.
Old 03-22-08, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Nick Danger

I do okay for myself, though I am now trying to meet/meat someone to date more seriously, so I am going into uncharted territories consisting of classy establishments, getting to know women first, and higher expectations.

I cancelled my date tonight in favor of sleep, but I should have something for tues/wed and hopefully another date on thurs with another girl.....and the a full weekend of work.
Old 03-22-08, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by criptik28
Great thread, Peddy.
X10000
Old 05-01-08, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah....i'm pretty awesome.

Update on the thread:

The events mentioned above went off relatively without a hitch.

Girl #1: Will see around, but not actively pursuing.
Girl#2: seeing next weekend.
Girl #3: out as an option, maybe BC.
Girl #4: Hot, but way too high maintenance, and not nearly as fun when she isn't drinking. Strictly a 'call while drinking' friend/girl.
Old 05-01-08, 06:22 PM

Four girls. Rough.
Old 05-02-08, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

But it is!! It is down to 2.5...as girl #3 is off the board, and girl #4 is effectively off the board, unless I'm really drunk or something.

I met a flurking HOT girl tonight, and we talked for a bit. The event was winding down, and I had to stay until the end, so I couldn't transition to drinks or anything with her. At first she said goodbye and I was doing something else, but she lingered for a second so I caught up with her and gave her my card. I could have been a bit more suave, but she caught me off guard so I pulled a, "call me if you want, or have questions or something" as we were talking shop earlier. Doh!

I tend to have a pretty good conversion rate from giving a card (75%-80%). Hopefully she calls, as she seemed like a cool chica (and she was hawt. ) I figure one of these 22-23ish year olds will work out eventually.

Last edited by NotThatGuy; 05-02-08 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-02-08, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

One pro about meeting the friends early. I nearly messed something up with a girl while I was in the pre-dating phase and was basically told this, "I didn't think you were that type of guy, and I still don't. I don't know what to think, but your friend seemed like an upstanding guy so I guess you are too."

Note this may backfire if your friends are assholes.
Old 05-02-08, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by The Bus
One pro about meeting the friends early. I nearly messed something up with a girl while I was in the pre-dating phase and was basically told this, "I didn't think you were that type of guy, and I still don't. I don't know what to think, but your friend seemed like an upstanding guy so I guess you are too."

Note this may backfire if your friends are assholes.
I think it depends, "which friends"..... My friends down here are pretty presentable, though sometimes they are a drunken mess....with me too.

I'm headed out tonight to a Hooka Bar with some people, unfortunately a friend (of theirs....I only knew her in passing) just died, so I'm guessing it will be a pretty morose night. I haven't been out in a couple weeks, so I'm doing it to just get out of the house. I work a double shift tomorrow, so I'll hate myself.
Old 05-02-08, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I think it depends, "which friends"..... My friends down here are pretty presentable, though sometimes they are a drunken mess....with me too.
That's actually how I got myself out of trouble with that situation I talked to you about.
Old 05-02-08, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't help but notice that this thread has no pictures of babes, or anyone ped met for that matter. tsk tsk.
Old 05-02-08, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by The Bus
That's actually how I got myself out of trouble with that situation I talked to you about.
Good times!

I have a thing next weekend where girl #1 should be there (and a crapload of drunken women as it is a birthday bash), so i'm hoping to chalk it up as drunken fun. I'm bringing a change of clothes for work the next day....worst comes to worst....I'll just go from wherever I end up to work.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.