Woman sprays daughter with high pressure hose

Old 03-07-08, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Woman sprays daughter with high pressure hose

http://www.wesh.com/news/15510193/detail.html

Mom Explains Why She Pressure-Washed Kid

POSTED: 6:52 am EST March 6, 2008
UPDATED: 3:41 pm EST March 7, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A mother who was videotaped while spraying her 2 1/2-year-old daughter with a high-pressure water hose at an Orlando car wash told authorities she did it because the child was throwing a tantrum.

She told authorities she did not have the hose on full blast, and she said that it isn't as bad as it looks.

The mother said she had used this type of punishment before with a spray bottle.

The mother saw herself on TV late Thursday afternoon and called deputies. She called deputies and said they could come to her apartment to speak with her and see her daughter.

Marlene Diaz, a manager at Magical Car Wash, said she has never seen this type of abuse before.

"You don't do that to a kid," Diaz said. "No child deserves that."

The video showed the child trying to hide her face while the woman pinned her to a wall and sprayed her at close range.

"Disgusted," Diaz said. "I'm mad, infuriated as to how someone could do that to a little child."

Officials said the water shoots out of the hoses with a force of about 1,200 pounds per square inch, powerful enough to create the type of friction and sting from a rug burn.

"Your skin gets red, and at times it could peel," Diaz said.

"That's a pressure washer; that's meant to be used on a car, not on a child," mother Carol Felicicano said.

Diaz didn't see what happened until she checked the surveillance tapes, but she said she heard the girl crying after the mother stopped spraying her.

Diaz said she also heard the mother say, "You're going to learn to respect me. You don't treat me bad. You don't mistreat me; I'm your mother."

Surveillance cameras showed the mother stripped the girl, leaving her standing in the car wash bay naked, while she grabbed a towel and put her back in the car.

The Department of Children and Families said the child was taken to a medical facility for an evaluation.

The child was examined by the Child's Protection Team nurse practitioner and found to have no visible injuries.

DCF did not remove the child from the residence.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office Child Abuse detectives are still investigating the criminal portion of this case to determine the proper course of action.

Sgt. John Allen said Thursday night that the investigation would continue Friday.

Investigators said the mother could face child abuse charges.

She might not have been in trouble if she hadn't given the girl two coats of wax afterward.
Old 03-07-08, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, children are dirty little things.
Old 03-07-08, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There's no sense in washing the kid unless you spring for the wax too.
Old 03-07-08, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

should have used the metal wand as a bludgeon...

THEN sprayed...
Old 03-07-08, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Max Bottomtime
The mother said she had used this type of punishment before with a spray bottle.
Old 03-07-08, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn, I was hoping for some hot girl-girl action, and I get this instead
Old 03-07-08, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Max Bottomtime

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A mother who was videotaped while spraying her 2 1/2-year-old daughter with a high-pressure water hose at an Orlando car wash told authorities she did it because the child was throwing a tantrum.
She's two and a half fucking years old for Satans sake! At that age a kid will not understand the reason for being punished. Shes a little kid that dont know right from wrong. I hope Next time that woman is out of line with her husband he puts the highpressure hose on her and see how she likes it!
Old 03-07-08, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kids are little monsters. Spare the pressure hose, spoil the kid!

DUMB KID!
Old 03-07-08, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh good, the child-haters at DVD Talk have this one covered.
Old 03-07-08, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I like how a video of a guy throwing an already-dead puppy off a cliff has the villagers getting their pitchforks and torches and calling for blood, murder, and retribution, but this, a video of entirely real abuse of a child, inspires only jokes. Typical day in Otter.
Old 03-07-08, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

If it is like the one around here the nozzle is very adjustable and you can make it shoot out water without much force. If she had it on this setting I don't see how it is child abuse. So she hosed down her daughter that was throwing a tantrum - big deal. If it was on with enough force to cause harm - that would be different. If there are no signs of injury and you can't really tell from the video I say she walks. Having said all that I think it obvious this isn't parent of the year material.
Old 03-07-08, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MoviePage
I like how a video of a guy throwing an already-dead puppy off a cliff has the villagers getting their pitchforks and torches and calling for blood, murder, and retribution, but this, a video of entirely real abuse of a child, inspires only jokes. Typical day in Otter.
Imagine the outrage here if there was a video of a puppy getting sprayed with a water gun.
Old 03-07-08, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

poor little girl...
Old 03-07-08, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ranger
Imagine the outrage here if there was a video of a puppy getting sprayed with a water gun.
SOME SON OF A BITCH SPRAYED A PUPPY!?!?
Old 03-07-08, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Jeez, the first several responses to this thread are really not funny at all.
Old 03-07-08, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think you mean "jokes" or attempted jokes.
Old 03-07-08, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Are you saying there were no jokers and light-hearted comments in the GI Joe Puppy Thread? Strange, because I remember quite a few.
Old 03-07-08, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think she was just trying to toughen her daughter up. Screams of terror? Psh.
Old 03-07-08, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The ever-interesting cycle of violence.
Old 03-07-08, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It seems very obvious from the video that she was being truthful about the hose being on low pressure. I have used these self-service places many times and the pressure that comes out when the trigger is not depressed is very, very low indeed. In other words, it is roughly the equivalent of spraying the kid with a kitchen sink sprayer.

"Entirely real abuse of a child" is a massive overstatement, IMHO.
Old 03-07-08, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by General Zod
If it is like the one around here the nozzle is very adjustable and you can make it shoot out water without much force. If she had it on this setting I don't see how it is child abuse.
Exactly. If it was on full-force, you'd see water spray shooting all over the place. Anyone who has used one or seen one in action, knows how it looks. I don't see any of that action going on here. The low-pressure setting is very light. I'd bet you get higher water pressure out of a household shower.

While I wouldn't have done this with any of my kids, I don't see it as abuse. Unless you count public embarrassment as abuse.

edit: Heh, Justin just beat me to a similar post.
Old 03-07-08, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Old 03-07-08, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Even if it was on low and wasn't physical abuse, it is definitely WAY overboard and inappropriate.

Plus at that age, doing something that traumatic to an upset child will only make them much more upset.

Mom is a piece of shit.
Old 03-07-08, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Im thinking of the money she wasted, those car washes are like 15 seconds for a quarter. Full blast or not. What a waste of money during a recession
Old 03-07-08, 11:33 PM

Jeez, it's not like the kid was asking for civil rights or anything.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.