Mayor Resigns, Claims Abduction By Satan Worshippers

Old 03-07-08, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

link

POSTED: 6:08 pm CST November 21, 2007
UPDATED: 6:22 pm CST November 21, 2007
CENTERTON, Ark. -- The mayor of an Arkansas town resigned on Wednesday, claiming he was abducted and brainwashed by Satan worshippers nearly three decades ago.

Centerton Mayor Ken Williams said he has been living under an assumed name for nearly 30 years. He had been mayor since 2001.

Williams told authorities he was born Don LaRose and that in the mid-1970s, he was a preacher in Indiana. He said he was abducted and brainwashed into forgetting all about his life as Don LaRose.

It was a double-life he had never acknowledged, Williams said, because he didn't even realize it existed until he had recently taken a truth-serum injection.

As Williams regained his memory, he said, he realized that he had a wife and two kids but that he had decided to leave and take on a new identity to protect them.

"I had no choice. The choice was to watch my family killed before my eyes or go with these people, and I chose instead to run," Williams said.

He wouldn't explain from who he was running, saying only that he had been brainwashed.

"I had multiple shock treatments," Williams said. "It took five years to get my memory back."

Williams said he took his current identity in 1980 when he moved to Centerton. His full name -- Bruce Kent Williams -- was taken from a man who died in a car crash back in 1958, he said.

"What happened in 1980 -- whether it was right or wrong -- I did it under the threat of my family and for my own survival," he said.

The information went public, Williams said, because he runs a Web site about Don LaRose and his disappearance. LaRose's former family found the Web site and started inquiring about its author. They found the site registered to a Ken Williams and went from there.

Williams said his current wife is standing by him and the two of them want to continue living in Centerton. He said he plans to continue living as Ken Williams.

Also, his resignation was signed with two names, he said.

According to police, Williams is under no investigation for any wrongdoing.

This story is great. This guy is totally fucking nuts. I only wonder how such a wackjob was even able to run for mayor. How can you go out in public after saying this?
Old 03-07-08, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I wonder if it pans out.
Old 03-07-08, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, good thing he resigned, because he's pretty obviously delusional.
Old 03-07-08, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

holy crap...

'sheeeit... that sucka's crazy'...(Night Of The Juggler)
Old 03-07-08, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It was a double-life he had never acknowledged, Williams said, because he didn't even realize it existed until he had recently taken a truth-serum injection.

As Williams regained his memory, he said, he realized that he had a wife and two kids but that he had decided to leave and take on a new identity to protect them.

"I had no choice. The choice was to watch my family killed before my eyes or go with these people, and I chose instead to run," Williams said.

He wouldn't explain from who he was running, saying only that he had been brainwashed.
Old 03-07-08, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk God

The leader of the Satan worshippers can be identified with the following tatoos.

Old 03-07-08, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ that's true

So how the hell did this guy come to get an injection of truth serum? "Sir, you need a tetnus booster which now come with free truth serum!"
Old 03-07-08, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dieinafire

dont worry. He'll be deleted