Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Do you think your mailman reads your mail?

Old 02-19-08, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Do you think your mailman reads your mail?

So I belong to Netflix & A-DVD-Empire. When I mail back a movie, it gets to them the very next day, usually around 95% of the time. Now, on Saturday, I handed a mailman (at a corner mailbox, not MY mailman) 3 movies to be returned. They should've gotten the movies today, but neither company received any of my movies, and they had an extra day for them to get there due to Pres Day. I think the mailman is watching my movies!

Also, I'd say about 80% of the time the little window on my Netflix envelope is torn so you can read what movie is inside (above the barcode). Luckily I only rent HD & BluRay, and apparently my mailman isn't into HD.

I also get magazines with pages creased back & wrinkled. This bullshit has to stop!!

~S2K
Old 02-19-08, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Call your local PO and complain. We used to have a Mailman like that. We complained and apparently so did everyone on the street. About a week later, we had a new mailman.

Newman?
Old 02-19-08, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can tell you, since I used to work for them, that they don't process disks on non-mail days.
Old 02-19-08, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Kittydreamer
I can tell you, since I used to work for them, that they don't process disks on non-mail days.
I know that, but they should've been there today. If I would've mailed them this morning, they would have them tomorrow morning...they (almost) always do. They were handed to a mailman Saturday morning. Once they hit the P.O>, they are on their way, meaning they would've been delivered Monday, but that was a holiday, so they absolutely should've received today...and it was both companies, not just one.
Old 02-19-08, 07:49 PM
Banned

I thought for sure that this was a Paul thread.
Old 02-19-08, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk God

That's not necessarily true. Netflix sent me out a movie yesterday and I got it today. Unless somehow they had someone hand deliver it today, they definitely processed a disc on a holiday.
Old 02-19-08, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones
That's not necessarily true. Netflix sent me out a movie yesterday and I got it today. Unless somehow they had someone hand deliver it today, they definitely processed a disc on a holiday.

Same for me I got Michael Clayton today.
Old 02-19-08, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My question is: Even though post offices aren't open on holidays, is mail still shipped? Or, does everything come to a standstill, negating the "extra day" stated above?
Old 02-19-08, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by BigDaddy
Me too.
Old 02-19-08, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
I know that, but they should've been there today.
No, they shouldn't. You mailed them on a Saturday. Mail isn't processed on Saturday nights or Sundays, and they wouldn't have been processed Monday because of the holiday. Your discs will arrive Wednesday.
Old 02-19-08, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
No, they shouldn't. You mailed them on a Saturday. Mail isn't processed on Saturday nights or Sundays, and they wouldn't have been processed Monday because of the holiday. Your discs will arrive Wednesday.
Not necessarily the case. I mailed some movies back to Netflix on Saturday morning and they were all checked in as arriving yesterday, on the holiday. I'm now the 4th person in this thread to verify that Netflix did ship and receive titles yesterday.
Old 02-19-08, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones
It probably went out on Saturday. Unless they've changed since I was there, they did not process discs on non-postal days. Anyway, I don't want to derail the OP's thread so no, I don't think my femailman reads our mail.
Old 02-19-08, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

No, but I think my paper delivery person reads my paper.
Old 02-19-08, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by BigDaddy
I got it too! We can be movie buddies!

Originally Posted by Numanoid
Me too.
I'll add you to the list!
Old 02-19-08, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk God

It probably went out on Saturday. Unless they've changed since I was there, they did not process discs on non-postal days. Anyway, I don't want to derail the OP's thread so no, I don't think my femailman reads our mail.
Not according to their email. I got it yesterday, and it was stated the movie was shipped out on 02/18. It's certainly possible, but Netflix never ships movies out on weekends. Only Monday - Friday. So unless something radical changed, they've figured out a way to get stuff on holidays.
Old 02-19-08, 11:51 PM

I caught the mailman reading my mail. The side with my address on it. Bastard. And now he knows where I live!
Old 02-20-08, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I swear to God, Michael Clayton is in a shitload of threads. From HD DVDs, to bargains, and now in a goddamn USPS post. Why.

I need cocoa. Going to bed.
Old 02-20-08, 07:19 AM

I would definitely assume so, since I usually get a lot of mail in the USPS envelopes that say "Sorry about the mangled mail." I get roughly 15% of my mail looking like they let a tazmanian devil have a go at it.

But my mailman is also an asshole. When receiving anything through the USPS that requires a signature, they just leave a note in my mailbox (we have a big group mailbox thing at the center of the subdivision) saying I wasn't there, even though I was. And nobody bothered to come to the door. Apparently the half mile down the street is too much for the guy to drive down. Luckily I know where his last stop of the day is, so if I'm expecting a package, I just run him down, figuratively not literally (although some days), and demand my package.
Old 02-20-08, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
Mail at Netflix, or mail in general?

Because if you are talking about mail in general, you are incorrect. Mail gets sorted seven days a week. It only gets delivered six.
Old 02-20-08, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mailman: What's a little boy like you doing with big boy smut like this?
-- Taylor Negron, Better Off Dead
Old 02-20-08, 09:16 PM

same thing use to happen when returning my Netflix DVDs - I started putting them in the blue box and haven't had a problem since.
Old 02-20-08, 09:22 PM

I would just like it if our mailperson would get the right mail in the right box and stop stuffing over-sized packages into the box and started dropping it on the porch.Maybe he should hit the bottle after work instead of during.Asshat!!!!!

Last edited by circes; 02-20-08 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-20-08, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, another day goes by & Netflix still doesn't have my movies. Adult DVD Empire got the one I mailed, but the two Netflix ones are still in limbo...nice.
Old 02-20-08, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I had a mailman that would always read my Playboy magazine before he delivered them - It was easy to tell because the seam down the middle would be half pulled open to the point where you could pull the mag out and roll it back up and put it back in. I didn't mind though because I always got the magazine and Steve (the mailman) was a really cool cat. He'd deliver mail to me that was mis-adressed just based on the name - that's why he always got a $50.00 tip around Christmas.....
Old 02-20-08, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
Well, another day goes by & Netflix still doesn't have my movies. Adult DVD Empire got the one I mailed, but the two Netflix ones are still in limbo...nice.
Time to go postal.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.