Reload this Page >

Why Do Old Dudes Do This In The Gym?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 02-11-08, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, this has been bothering me for a while and needed to rant but why in the HELL do old dudes feel it's necessary to walk around naked in the locker room. Seriously, I'm all for showering in the gym (eyes down in the shower of course) but afterwards, it never crosses my mind that I should be walking around buck ass nekid. Yet, I see dudes in their 70s & 80s walking around like their in the Full Monty. I get it that they're old and probably earned their right blah blah blah but it's quite a rude awakening when you go to take a piss and see a naked guy shaving in front of the mirror. It's not like they don't have a towel to cover up with either. Thanks for listening
Old 02-11-08, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Common complaint here.
Old 02-11-08, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I guess when you hit that age, you will finally understand so...are there tons of grandpas at your gym? I remember the same type of thing growing up, going to the community pool - the old geezers just love walking around in the nude...

Can you give me the address of that gym by the way? I just want to...ummmm...pick up a brochure...

Last edited by toddly6666; 02-11-08 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-11-08, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just start commenting on it. Nice cock you got there sir, or wow your dick is tiny. That should change things fast.
Old 02-11-08, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, maybe because most have had military service. My almost 82 year old father said when he went to High School they went swimming naked in the school pool. I guess maybe they dont think they are being checked out by other dudes.

Old 02-11-08, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What bothers me the most is when they (or anyone) walk from the shower to the lockers dripping wet. Don't they know what a towel is, and why the fuck they have to leave a trail of water wherever they go. At least dry off a bit before leaving the shower area.

Similar to the OPs complaint, its just nasty when they are shaving and their nutsack is sitting on the sink/counter. Others have to use that sink after they are done. I would be more worried about my self in that case than about others checking them out. personally I don't want my balls rubbing up against surfaces of public restrooms.
Old 02-11-08, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by grrrah
personally I don't want my balls rubbing up against surfaces of public restrooms.
Then you don't know what fun is.
Old 02-11-08, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I knew what this thread was going to be about before I clicked on it. I assume once you reach a certain age you just don't give a shit about anything anymore. I look forward to the day I am not ashamed to let my saggy old balls sway freely in the wind.
Old 02-11-08, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Why? Because they can.

And, ogling them won't stop it. Either it will be the best attention they have gotten all week, or they will flatten you. Some of these old guys still remember their military training!
Old 02-11-08, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's why I carry black bars with me at all times.
Old 02-11-08, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

OK. Its settled. OldDude, quit going to phatboy's gym or put on some shorts.
Old 02-11-08, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ernestrp
Well, maybe because most have had military service. My almost 82 year old father said when he went to High School they went swimming naked in the school pool. I guess maybe they dont think they are being checked out by other dudes.
I'd guess that this is the reason, also. My father in his 80's and my uncles said that military service put any shyness about nudity to rest when they did basic training.
Old 02-11-08, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ick I see this in my gym all the time and they sit naked in the sauna as well. Something must happen to you when you get older because some of these guys dicks are HUGE (not that i look) but damn they wear signs that say "Please don't step on my penis"
Old 02-11-08, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Paging EDIT KING to thread # 524954. Your assistance--and explanation--is appreciated.
Old 02-11-08, 10:28 PM

First time I went to my gym in 8th grade...I walked in the sauna and there was an old guy sitting and stretching naked. The little boy in me giggled and ran out of the room laughing (I'm pretty sure the guy knew I was laughing at him).

To this day my thoughts are the same...save that crap for your own house where nobody else has to see your belly sagging over your package.
Old 02-11-08, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Honestly, I read the thread title and thought, "If there's nothing about old man nudity in here, this guy has never been in a real gym." Word, my brotha.
Old 02-11-08, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What's even funnier is when they're on their cell phones talking to their daughters while walking around the locker room in the nude. I always have the urge to yell out "WOW! NICE COCK!!!" while they're doing that. Of course the gym I go to is primarily gay, so that would maybe backfire on me.
Old 02-12-08, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't want to see old or young dudes naked in the locker room. Go take a shower at home.......
Old 02-12-08, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by phatboy
Seriously, I'm all for showering in the gym (eyes down in the shower of course)
Keep your eyes up, please!
Old 02-12-08, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

You think that's nasty. Where's the "Swimming trunks optional" sign for the whirlpool/sauna? It never fails, I'm in the whirlpool and 9 out of 10 guys who get in the pool are stark raving nekkid. I just don't get that. How do you sit in a pool with your junk hangin all out and then start doing all the bending and stretching & flexing? What's up wit dat?
Old 02-12-08, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Quite often I have seen them sitting down on a couch in the locker room, with absolutely nothing on, watching TV or reading a newspaper.
Old 02-12-08, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

visit any place outside of the US...
Old 02-12-08, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by buckee1
You think that's nasty. Where's the "Swimming trunks optional" sign for the whirlpool/sauna? It never fails, I'm in the whirlpool and 9 out of 10 guys who get in the pool are stark raving nekkid. I just don't get that. How do you sit in a pool with your junk hangin all out and then start doing all the bending and stretching & flexing? What's up wit dat?
I always thought nakedness was expected in the whirlpool. Why would you wear trunks when you can have your balls getting massaged by bubbles?
Old 02-12-08, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joeblow69
Why would you wear trunks when you can have your balls getting massaged by bubbles?
IBTMJJ!
Old 02-12-08, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is one issue I have at my gym, too. I don't know why old dudes have to shave in front of the mirror everyone uses ASS NAKED. If you want to walk around naked in the locker room area, fine. Go for it. But keep your wrinkled sack away from my sink. I have a gym and locker room at my job and I sometimes see naked guys when I go use the bathroom on break. Now THAT is something I don't need to see duting my work day.

Also, old guys seem to fart a lot at my gym. Anytime I walk near their group, since they all seem to work out together, it smells like a pile of used Depends left out in the sun. I love to pass gas as much as the next juvenile guy, but it's like a cloud of death around these guys. I sometimes have to bypass using certain equipment just to get away from it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.