Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

The parody video Tom Cruise WANTS you to see!

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 01-22-08, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/3f716ffebe

Old 01-22-08, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fantastic
Old 01-22-08, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If there were only some thread to post random videos.

Spoiler:
And at least DVD Josh cared enough to embed the video.

Old 01-22-08, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I approve of that video.
Old 01-22-08, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Why does Tom Cruise WANT me to see that?
Old 01-22-08, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

O'Connel is great... Sliders was one of my favorite shows as a kid.
Old 01-22-08, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When he does the laugh, he looks so much like Cruise it's creepy.
Old 01-22-08, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I love the clapping when he laughs, spot on...
Old 01-23-08, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was taken from the link above - Someone posted it in the comments. I bet if you take the site they provided and look into it, its probably ran by a Scientologist.

For one “actor” to attack another in this way says a lot about O’Connell and the kind of person he really is. It seems like a lot of parents failed in teaching their kids that making fun of others religious beliefs is not OK. Ooops, I probably shouldn’t have said that because I can hear the bigots coming out the woodwork right now ready to scream: “Scientology is a cult, it’s not a religion!” I get it, you don’t recognize Scientology as a religion but the U.S. government does so get over it as they are entitled by law the same protections of our constitution as any other religion.

Look at it this way,... if you still don’t get it, If Steven Spielberg was receiving a humanitarian award and was doing a speech in front of his Jewish congregation, and spoke partly in Hebrew and used some acronyms not generally known to the public, and someone stole the tape, edited it, and it was posted to the web in a way that was intended to slam Mr. Spielberg and his religion what would you think about this situation? On top of that you have a B actor in Hollywood, O’Connell, who does a spoof which both ridicules Mr. Spielberg and his religion? Still not registering? Wow! If that didn’t work then you my friend are a hard-core bigot.

Bottom line is that Tom Cruise and his religion are attacked day, after day, after day in the media because they are right about the side effects of psychiatric drugs. Just look at the condition of anyone who has been on them. Sure some people say they are not normal without them, but that’s the same thing a crack or heroine addict says. If you’re still not convinced that psychiatric drugs are dangerous than look at this site below.

Maliciousness and bigotry dressed up as “humor” is still maliciousness and bigotry.

Signed,

Not Gandhi.

HTTP://WWW.SSRISTORIES.COM/INDEX.PHP
Old 01-23-08, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

after check it out further this is listed at the bottom of one of the accompanied links.

DISCLAIMER: This site is in no way associated with either the Church of Scientology or the Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR).

FAIR USE NOTICE: This may contain copyrighted © material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc. It is believed that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law. This material is distributed without profit.
Old 01-23-08, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Not Gandhi
If Steven Spielberg was receiving a humanitarian award and was doing a speech in front of his Jewish congregation, and spoke partly in Hebrew and used some acronyms not generally known to the public
ET = Extraterrestrial
AI = Artificial Intelligence
J = Jaws
Old 01-23-08, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by True_Story1011
This was taken from the link above - Someone posted it in the comments. I bet if you take the site they provided and look into it, its probably ran by a Scientologist.

For one “actor” to attack another in this way says a lot about O’Connell and the kind of person he really is. It seems like a lot of parents failed in teaching their kids that making fun of others religious beliefs is not OK. Ooops, I probably shouldn’t have said that because I can hear the bigots coming out the woodwork right now ready to scream: “Scientology is a cult, it’s not a religion!” I get it, you don’t recognize Scientology as a religion but the U.S. government does so get over it as they are entitled by law the same protections of our constitution as any other religion.

Look at it this way,... if you still don’t get it, If Steven Spielberg was receiving a humanitarian award and was doing a speech in front of his Jewish congregation, and spoke partly in Hebrew and used some acronyms not generally known to the public, and someone stole the tape, edited it, and it was posted to the web in a way that was intended to slam Mr. Spielberg and his religion what would you think about this situation? On top of that you have a B actor in Hollywood, O’Connell, who does a spoof which both ridicules Mr. Spielberg and his religion? Still not registering? Wow! If that didn’t work then you my friend are a hard-core bigot.

Bottom line is that Tom Cruise and his religion are attacked day, after day, after day in the media because they are right about the side effects of psychiatric drugs. Just look at the condition of anyone who has been on them. Sure some people say they are not normal without them, but that’s the same thing a crack or heroine addict says. If you’re still not convinced that psychiatric drugs are dangerous than look at this site below.

Maliciousness and bigotry dressed up as “humor” is still maliciousness and bigotry.

Signed,

Not Gandhi.

HTTP://WWW.SSRISTORIES.COM/INDEX.PHP

Leave Tom Cruise alone!
Old 01-23-08, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by darkessenz
I think the hate that scientology gets is a little unjustified, considering how sacrosanct some people think their particular religion is.

Auditing may seem crazy, but people still do confessions... I am not advocating relativism, but seriously the hatred with which Scientology is attacked shows how people are treated when they diverge from the mainstream religious mentality to any significant degree.
No, it deserves EVERY single bit of criticism it gets and more. Although I do believe you are correct that people should also take a look at their own beliefs in a more rational light.

Loved this vid. O'Connel just went up a notch in my book!
Old 01-23-08, 08:20 AM
Admin-MemeCat

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
I thought it was an "ok" parody. I chuckled, but I didn't pee in my pants or anything. Nobody can do Cruise like Cruise. He's a phenomenon.
Old 01-23-08, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

5/5

Him doing Cruise's laugh had me crying..
Old 01-23-08, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by VinVega
Nobody can do Cruise like Cruise. He's a phenomenon.
http://video.aol.com/video/tv-ben-st...de-102/1907227
Old 01-23-08, 08:56 AM
Admin-MemeCat

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Ok, that was better.
Old 01-23-08, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll pass.

I've had enough of Tom on film or anywhere else.
Old 01-23-08, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crazyronin
And at least DVD Josh cared enough to embed the video.

No cares about you like DVD Josh cares about you.

Last edited by DVD Josh; 01-23-08 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-23-08, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Cruise has something to do with FunnyOrDie.com?
Old 01-23-08, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Funny thing is that I don't recall any part of the video making fun of Scientology. It just makes fun of Cruise. I think that's pretty fair game. And I'm saying this as someone who also questions the possible overuse/abuse of psychiatric drugs in today's society.
Old 01-23-08, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by darkessenz
...the hatred with which Scientology is attacked shows how people are treated when they diverge from the mainstream religious mentality to any significant degree.
...OR... the hatred with which Scientology is attacked has to do with their uniquely ugly view of non-believers and apparent willingness to do *anything* to harass detractors and shut them up. These people are fucking dangerous, in addition to whatever else.
Old 01-23-08, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hahn
Funny thing is that I don't recall any part of the video making fun of Scientology. It just makes fun of Cruise.
Totally agree..