Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

For L. Ron so loved the world that he sent Tom Cruise...

Other Talk "Otterville"

For L. Ron so loved the world that he sent Tom Cruise...

Old 01-17-08, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KillerCannabis
I read some of those excerpts from the unauthorized biography and one said that Tom got a little peeved when he got to the top of the Scientology ladder only to find out the entire belief system is about aliens. Then he presumably got another injection of whatever shit they have him hooked on and he got over it. Now they think Katie's baby is the reincarnation of L. Ron Hubbard. How could anyone <i>not</i> think this shit is absolutely nuts? And now they've converted Will Smith? Anyone else think they really ARE pod people and the real Tom Cruise and Will Smith have turned into dust?
Did you see American Dad last Sunday?
They could all be replacement robots. Ever notice none of them will touch milk products?
Old 01-17-08, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by adamblast
It *used* to be that they held the "alien" knowledge back until you were fairly high in the ranks.

Is that still true? Are people really that clueless? The "alien" stuff has been common knowledge for years now, I thought.
I assume that's still true. They're taught that reading or learning about the higher level materials is fatal if you're not ready for it, so they probably tune out when they hear anyone talking about it. I'm glad mediocre science fiction isn't deadly, because I've read a lot of really poor sci-fi books. Thankfully I'm unscathed.
Old 01-17-08, 04:43 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GoVegan
I assume that's still true. They're taught that reading or learning about the higher level materials is fatal if you're not ready for it, so they probably tune out when they hear anyone talking about it. I'm glad mediocre science fiction isn't deadly, because I've read a lot of really poor sci-fi books. Thankfully I'm unscathed.

Your Thetans have just blinded you. Enjoy your crappy 3D cinemas chump!
Old 01-17-08, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts
http://www.iklipz.com/MovieDetail.as...f-8ecf45fabca8

The remix.
Old 01-17-08, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GoVegan
I assume that's still true. They're taught that reading or learning about the higher level materials is fatal if you're not ready for it, so they probably tune out when they hear anyone talking about it.
I knew it all along! Uwe Bowel is the true founder of Scientology.
Old 01-17-08, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Obey The D
I knew it all along! Uwe Bowel is the true founder of Scientology.

Gutsy.
Old 01-17-08, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by crazyronin
Gutsy.
I didn't even realize I misspelled Boll's name, but that spelling is probably more fitting considering the shit he churns out.