Reload this Page >

Favorite Energy Drinks

Other Talk "Otterville"

Favorite Energy Drinks

Old 03-23-08, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaveCole
What a geekfest. Energy "potion" for "gamers"!

Has anyone tried Brawndo, or found it in a b&m?
Old 03-23-08, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 120 Likes on 94 Posts
Monster Low Carb. Yuck. But it's what we keep out the office. I drink one a day.

I keep Red Bull (either regular or sugar free) around the home. I just drink them when I need them. Maybe two or three a week. They're always good with some whiskey.

I've been into energy drinks for a few years now. I started taking One-a-Day's all day energy time-release supplements a few weeks back. Since then, I've cut down a lot on the energy drinks. I'd recommend them to anyone who thinks they're drinking too much energy drinks (or just don't like the taste).

Last year, for about 9 months, I drank three or four a day. It gave me an all day energy. And made my legs twitch and shit when I sat down to watch some TV. When I took it easy over Christmas time, I stopped drinking them. And I slept ... a lot ... 12-16 hours days and woke up sleepy. I think it was from sleeping 3-6 hours a night ... sometimes at the office ... for nine months straight. I feel more rebalanced now. It was pretty weird (and cool and profitable) to stay awake that much. It was definately a head trip.
Old 03-23-08, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts
I'm craving a Mocha Monster right now...
Old 03-23-08, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 694 Likes on 502 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
I have one chillin' in the 'fridge right now
Old 03-23-08, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go to a Vitamin Shope and ask for either Redline, or a Adrenaline Stack in a grey bottle. My two choices, I prefer the latter. The Redline I drank once and had to stop what I was doing and go lift.
Old 03-25-08, 11:49 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay, I've now sampled all three of the new varieties of Amp. Here are my mini-reviews:

Amp Traction (Grape)
Has a nice grape taste that greatly reminded me of Mt Dew Pitch Black. I can't remember which one was PB1 and which was PB2, but the one that had more of a citrusy edge to it. Either way, it's fantastic... it's like grape soda that isn't as sickeningly sweet as grape sodas tend to be. Score: 9

Amp Elevate (Mixed Berry)
I love berry sodas, but this was slightly disappointing. Not that the flavor is bad, because it isn't. It's just that this tastes just like other berry energy drinks that are already out there, namely Boo Koo Berry. I'm probably being too harsh on this, because I did like it. Score: 6.5

Amp Relaunch (Orange Citrus)
I realize now can't remember what Livewire tasted like, so I can't make any comparisons to that. This one has a wonderful orange soda flavor, slightly more citrusy than normal orange soda. It almost reminds me of a middle groound between orange soda and carbonated orange juice. Score: 8
Old 03-26-08, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I found the Amp Elevate this morning and I liked it... but not enough to buy it over the Cherry Amp. My "source" at Pepsi is getting me the other 2 new flavors as well. Personally my favorite right now is Amp and the Cherry Amp. I also like Full Throttle Fury - I like mixing it with Orange juice and peach vodka.

Has anyone tried the Full Trottle Mother flavor? It is blueberry and it is GROSS!
Old 03-26-08, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
I've been wanting to try that one for a while now. Good, huh?
Old 03-26-08, 01:38 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by C-Mart
Has anyone tried the Full Trottle Mother flavor? It is blueberry and it is GROSS!
Yeah, there's a weird aftertaste in it that's really off-putting.
Old 03-26-08, 05:41 PM

My "Collection" of energy drinks is getting pretty big. I drink them and then wash them and stick 'em up on a shelf. I have about 25 different cans.
Old 03-26-08, 06:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Verve!
Old 03-27-08, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by DRG
Okay, I've now sampled all three of the new varieties of Amp. Here are my mini-reviews:

Amp Traction (Grape)
Has a nice grape taste that greatly reminded me of Mt Dew Pitch Black. I can't remember which one was PB1 and which was PB2, but the one that had more of a citrusy edge to it. Either way, it's fantastic... it's like grape soda that isn't as sickeningly sweet as grape sodas tend to be. Score: 9
Tried this one today. It is like a mix between Pitch Black and Pitch Black II. Its ok, but surprisingly I liked the Berry AMP better than this one. I'll try the Orange one tomorrow.
Old 03-27-08, 05:54 PM

I just tried a new drink "Spike" and they have all these warnings about how careful you need to be when drinking. They werent lying, I drank the entire drink and im almost shaking. Powerful stuff.