Originally Posted by 4KRG
^ this title should simply read

I was mad I had to wait an extra couple minutes to get my food

Well the cats won't feed themselves!!
Old 01-07-08, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mopower
I will take Taco Bell over the local mexican sit down resturant. Taco Bell has variety. The local mexican place takes beef, lettuce, cheese, tortillas and then makes 30 different meals of from those ingredients. There salsa sucks too.
halfway through my response and ... whew.
Old 01-07-08, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 138 Likes on 95 Posts

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/fast-food-tech-prototype-intercom-212536.php

Pinball drive-thru...
Old 01-07-08, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 138 Likes on 95 Posts
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WO6CFQjUE-Y"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WO6CFQjUE-Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Double cheeseburger, onion rings, and a large orange drink
Old 01-07-08, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think that was based off a Bloom County Cartoon.
Old 01-07-08, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Groucho
Seriously, what they show on their commercials (fresh ingredients lovingly placed on a newly-baked flour tortilla) looks nothing like what they give you at the restaurant.
The TB at Denver airport was amazingly good, and the food was just like in the commercials. Really! The TB on Rte. 1 South in Alexandria VA (near where I used to live) came close. The ones in NYC suck, and they charge more for the suckage too.
Old 01-07-08, 05:06 PM

I work at a Taco Bell and those women are the biggest pain in the asses alive.
Old 01-07-08, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was heading home around 11 one night and decided to hit the Del Taco before I got on the freeway, and the lady in front of me was ordering all kinds of crazy shit. She kept rattling off numbers and custom orders (#11, no onions and a cherry coke with easy ice). It was probably 10 minutes before I pulled to the order box... and the total on the screen was $90! I was already trapped in the drive thru so I ordered my $4 worth of food, pulled up to her bumper, turned off the car and opened my book. I got through about 2 chapters before I finally got my food, and I think I was in the drive thru for probably 30-45 minutes total.
Old 01-07-08, 05:27 PM
Suspended

Received 537 Likes on 254 Posts
Originally Posted by Layziebones
The drive-through clerk last night sort of smirked at me when I got to the window. It was pretty funny. I think she wanted to say what a PITA the idiot in front of me had been, but she didn't dare. Customer service and all that sort of thing.
Old 01-07-08, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vibiana
Nope, I was mad because gas at 3 bucks an hour costs a lot more than Taco Bell
If you are worried about gas prices, you wouldn't EVER hit a drive thru, duh

when you're idling behind a moron.
oh, someone was idling behind you?

And guess what else? My dad spent more on my brothers' Christmas presents than on mine.
and still you totally miss the point
Old 01-07-08, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 792 Likes on 576 Posts
"Weird" Al's parody of an R Kelly song. "Trapped in the Drive-Thru" is long but pretty funny.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qmGVYki-oyQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qmGVYki-oyQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 01-07-08, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have nothing to add to the OP's story but my last Taco Bell experience was a couple years ago when I went on my lunch break. I was the only one using the drive through and my Taco Bell was unlike Vibiana's in that the drive through lane was open to the rest of the parking lot. As soon as I finished giving my order someone cut through the parking lot and pulled up to the window right in front of me.

I sat there for 5 minutes as this jackass made some large order and the staff made it for her. I pulled up and told the guy at the window that I didn't like being made to wait for someone who clearly cut in front of me and then drove off to get lunch somewhere else. I'm sure they felt the stinging loss of my $2.
Old 01-07-08, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Layziebones
I worked for a Taco Bell back in the early 90's, back when they made everything from scratch. It was a major PITA but was certainly fun at times. The one I worked at was in an upscale area so we'd get these snotty chicks that would come in, stare at the menu and come up with this beauty: I'd like a chicken chimi with fresh salsa and no onions. To which I'd reply "we don't have chimis, we don't have any deep fried burrito type items." They'd stare at the menu, look confused and say "but it's right there on the menu". Sometimes I almost miss those days, they were fun.
Old 01-07-08, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by darkflounder
He probably lives somewhere in the midwest. Here in the bay area, we get authentic mexican food made by authentic mexicans. And if you're not happy with your local burrito joint, there's at least 10 more within a 2 block radius.
Ten? They're like freakin' Starbucks around here. Messican joints on every corner. At least on the corners not taken up by Indian joints.
Old 01-07-08, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Lateralus
I think that was based off a Bloom County Cartoon.
FTR, the audio from that clip is Stevens & Grdnic's "Fast Food," and predates the similar Bloom County strip by about five years.

Last edited by Luther Heggs; 01-08-08 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-07-08, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by mllefoo
When I eat at taco bell, I have to slather the "food" with about twenty packets of fire sauce to make it remotely tasty.
The Fire sauce is awesome. Oh and the (now available again) Cheesy Gordita Crunch fucking rules.

I still do miss the Chili Cheese Burrito though. Used to get two of those, a hard taco and some nachos almost every day when I worked at the mall many years ago, then they stopped offering that item. Pissed me off.
Old 01-07-08, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 895 Likes on 587 Posts
Originally Posted by Luther Heggs
FTR, the audio from that clip is Stevens & Grdnic's "Fast Food," and predates the similar Bllom County strip by about five years.
I used to listen to that on Dr. Demento in the 70s. Great stuff.

I quit going to Taco Bell for lunch. I would see just one car ahead of me with only one person in it, and I'd think that I'd get my food in just a couple of minutes. Without fail, they would pull out a sheet of paper and order complicated meals for everyone in their office.
Old 01-07-08, 10:15 PM
Banned

I was exhausted from cleaning my best friend's house all weekend (she's sick). I was on my way home and I just wanted two tacos and an iced tea, for Pete's sake.

Unfortunately, I get into the drive-through line behind the stupidest woman in the universe. To give you an idea of her situation, her order came to $23.67 at the window. It took her more than five minutes to place said order because she kept changing stuff, adding stuff, asking how much stuff was, etc. She had a bunch of kids in her car with her. Finally, after she'd asked about the sixth time how much something was, I leaned my head out the car window and yelled, "Oh, for Christ's sake, lady, come on!"

(Yes, I know. Church lady taking the Lord's name in vain on Sunday. I will burn plenty for this).

Anyway, she yelled back, "Give me a break!" and then finally before she pulled forward she yelled, "You need some manners back there," and then to prove what a paragon of etiquette she was, she flipped me off out the window.

I am going to write my congressional representative today and request an amendment to the U.S. Constitution: If you don't have a simple order, DON'T GO THROUGH THE DRIVE THROUGH!
You should have gone to one of those Asian fast food places.
Old 01-08-08, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

A couple of weeks ago I went to the taco bell right off the freeway on the way home from the Trail Blazers basketball game. The Blazers scored 100 points which earned everyone in the arena a free Chalupa coupon. Hungry as hell, I got in the drive thru only to be trapped behind a line of cars about 8-10 long. No big deal -- the lines go quick usually.

Except it didn't. 25-30 minutes were spent waiting in line. I asked the gal what was up and she said everyone was redeeming their free chalupa coupons. How on earth they were not ready to serve up chalupas -- something that is frequently ordered on their menu -- is beyond me.
Old 01-08-08, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by El Scorcho
A couple of weeks ago I went to the taco bell right off the freeway on the way home from the Trail Blazers basketball game. The Blazers scored 100 points which earned everyone in the arena a free Chalupa coupon. Hungry as hell, I got in the drive thru only to be trapped behind a line of cars about 8-10 long. No big deal -- the lines go quick usually.

Except it didn't. 25-30 minutes were spent waiting in line. I asked the gal what was up and she said everyone was redeeming their free chalupa coupons. How on earth they were not ready to serve up chalupas -- something that is frequently ordered on their menu -- is beyond me.
We have a big thing that we put the Chalupa tortillas in and it can only hold a few at a time. We keep a few on the warmers but dont want to waste food. The same thing happened free taco day, we were behind on shells because everyone wanted one.
Old 01-08-08, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 326 Likes on 264 Posts
Originally Posted by pedagogue
Back when we had The Drunk Bus (an old school suburban that was used to haul around my fellow athletes in college, with a frosh designated driver at the helm), we'd hit orders of $40-$50 at the drive through at around 1:30-2:00am. It really was a sight to be seen, though back then the menu was much simpler, so we'd just order 5-6 of each item and they'd usually just throw in a ton of extra shit.

-p

Yeah - I think this is pretty common. Basically order 5 of everything off the Taco Bell menu. I've been in groups where we've had cabs go through the Taco Bell drive-thru.
Old 01-08-08, 08:30 AM
Suspended

Received 537 Likes on 254 Posts
Originally Posted by 4KRG
If you are worried about gas prices, you wouldn't EVER hit a drive thru, duh

oh, someone was idling behind you?

and still you totally miss the point
Meeeeeeeeeee-owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Want a saucer of milk, Bootsie?
Old 01-08-08, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I always go into the restaurant. It's a lot faster than the drive through usually.
Old 01-08-08, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Meeeeeeeeeee-owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Want a saucer of milk, Bootsie?

Old 01-08-08, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyway, she yelled back, "Give me a break!" and then finally before she pulled forward she yelled, "You need some manners back there," and then to prove what a paragon of etiquette she was, she flipped me off out the window.
Always nice to see a mother setting a good example for her kids.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.