Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

UPS and USPS Suck (merged)

Other Talk "Otterville"

UPS and USPS Suck (merged)

Old 12-25-07, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In the last pic where her you know what is almost showing it looks like the necklace says flyboy. In the other pics it looks like something else. I'am okay with chicks wearing ball caps since I have changed to that style as well.

Old 12-25-07, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Penn State, Portland State, Plymouth State, Phil Simms, Peter Snodgrass University?
I haven't heard of any of these brands. I have a Tagan. It's very reliable, and the fan is quiet. It's not solid state (or any of those other states you mentioned) as it has moving parts, but no vacuum tubes.
Old 12-26-07, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered a watch late Friday/early Saturday, and was told it would ship UPS on Monday.

It arrived Monday afternoon, Texas to California.
Old 12-26-07, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kaze0
Thank you for not delivering my next day air package yesterday. assholes.

Was it the 4,000$ statue that was meant for your brother in law?
Old 12-26-07, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
fedex blows too
Dec 22, 2007 12:43 AM Package data transmitted to FedEx AUSTIN, TX
Dec 21, 2007 11:15 PM Picked up ROUND ROCK, TX
damn thing hasnt moved in over 100 hours
Old 12-26-07, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ernestrp
In the last pic where her you know what is almost showing it looks like the necklace says flyboy. In the other pics it looks like something else. I'am okay with chicks wearing ball caps since I have changed to that style as well.
Necklace? What necklace???
Old 12-26-07, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Mod note: Pictures that used to show up in Adult Talk still don't get to be posted in Other
Old 12-26-07, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Venusian
Mod note: Pictures that used to show up in Adult Talk still don't get to be posted in Other
You missed one:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=22

Old 12-26-07, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

i sent two envelopes last week to two houses on the same block 2 days apart. the envelope sent two days later got there 2 days earlier.

way to go priority mail
Old 12-26-07, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 694 Likes on 502 Posts
Originally Posted by JP5683
I ordered a watch late Friday/early Saturday, and was told it would ship UPS on Monday.

It arrived Monday afternoon, Texas to California.
I had a similar thing happen. I mailed a package Saturday before last. The post office said it should take 2-3 business days so I figured they'd get it around Wednesday (it was going 3/4 of the way across the country). Let's just say I was pleasantly surprised to find out they got it on Monday... save for Sunday, it was overnight.
Old 12-26-07, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I had a bit of a battle with UPS this holiday. Ordered a gift that was supposed to arrive on Wednesday the 19th. Except it required a signature. Had I know that when I ordered, I would have sent it to my office. Live and learn I guess. So Wednesday comes, they try and deliever to my house and no go. I figured I could sign some sort of waiver and have them drop it off. Nope, I HAVE to sign for it. So I call up UPS Wednesday night and have them hold the package for me because I'm not going to be at home when they try and re-deliever. They tell me where to pick it up and all. It even shows this on the online tracking. Thursday I go for my package. Nothing. It's still "on the truck". They tell me to come back tomorrow. I come back Friday. Nothing. Still on the truck. They tell me to call again for same day will call. I do. This is confirmed with a series of calls. They tell me to stop by Friday night between 8-9. I do. Nine rolls around, no package. Finally it arrives at like 9:15 and I get to go home with it. Met a lot of people in the same boat. At least it's over with.
Old 12-26-07, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by deadlax
Perhaps you should not be ordering your "important" gifts less than 5 days before christmas.
Reading comprehension. Mailed next day air. Not "ordered" next day air.
Old 12-26-07, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by drmoze
And don't expect reliable delivery right before XMas. Busiest time of year and things get held up.
+1

I run a company that ships out every day. And a lot of people don't understand this. At this time of year, every shipping company is trying to deal with a huge load. You should expect and plan on extra delays. If it gets there earlier, fine.

We had a lot of customers calling us because of the Exceptions from UPS. One person called us on Friday the 21st saying he had ordered something on the 20th and shipped it Ground from us on Thursday, so it should be there since he is in LA and we are in SD. Dude, it's the holidays! And since it was ground, it would not be delivered on Saturday.

Many next day air shipments we sent out last week were delayed an extra day. We also have the same problems with USPS and FedEx.

I am happy the holidays are over.
Old 12-26-07, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by devynal
Reading comprehension. Mailed next day air. Not "ordered" next day air.
So if you order all your gifts on the morning of 12/23 and use next day air you feel some sense of entitlement that they'd be delivered on Christmas Eve?

I know two things:

Every gift I shopped for that was remotely important was ordered by early December. Things get lost, misplaced, and forgotten. When you're dealing with millions of packages you're bound to have problems with tens of thousands of them. If I hadn't received something I ordered by 12/17 I then called each company to get more information. I didn't wait and bitch about it on the Internet.

I ordered no gifts a week before Christmas. Employees (in all industries) are burnt out waiting for theholidays. They screw stuff up, ship things wrong, and generally care about few things but their upcoming holiday weekend. Yeah it's their job, but these things happen. Live and learn.
Old 12-26-07, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by shacmasta
My balls of fury gift set was crushed by UPS, but maybe that has more to do with walmart's shitty packaging methods. I blame the latter.
My dad delivers for UPS and he even commented on how bad the handlers treat the packages (i.e. when he gets them, they are all mangled).
Old 12-26-07, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

when i was in the army i got picked for baggage detail a few times and had to load and unload a 747 full of bags. we just threw them.

UPS and fedex have very specific requirements on protecting what you ship because there is no way it's getting the white glove treatment.

why is it that anything from CDW comes in OK and only the ebay people who don't ship a lot complain that their stuff breaks
Old 12-26-07, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by twikoff
fedex blows too

And Round Rock is only less than 10 minutes outside of Austin! I live right by there! LOL
Old 12-27-07, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 828 Likes on 547 Posts
I just went to the local branch of the post office to ask about the packages that were shipped to me from relatives on December 10th and 11th. They said that their backroom is absolutely full, that they're working on it, and that I should be getting my Christmas gifts by early January.
Old 12-27-07, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My crappy post office story is this. I sold a textbook on half.com, take it to the post office the next day and send it out media mail.

About 7 days later I get an email from the guy who I sent it to saying "You sent me the wrong item. I was supposed to receive a text book and I received a DVD of Blue Planet. I'll send you back your DVD when you send me the book."

Thinking he's just yanking my chain I respond "Ummm, not only have I never owned the DVD of Blue Planet, I've never even heard of it. What did the box look like?"

He then describes the box in perfect detail (there were distinct features on it... I think it was an Amazon box where I had crossed off the logos). Basically it was my box, with the wrong thing in it. Someone at USPS had to have opened up the box for inspection at the same time they opened another box. They didn't remember which came from which box and took a guess as to which was which. They were wrong.

I ended up giving him all the info I had about when I shipped the box and he must have straightened it out with the post office, because I did get positive feedback from him.

There was also a time when DHL was shipping my HDTV and the truck had an accident, wrecking my TV. Instead of telling me this, they just didn't deliver the TV. Ten days after it was supposed to come, I emailed their customer support and they said "Oh yeah, that truck was in an accident. You should probably contact Fry's to get a refund"
Old 12-27-07, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 694 Likes on 502 Posts
Originally Posted by Wazootyman
I ended up giving him all the info I had about when I shipped the box and he must have straightened it out with the post office, because I did get positive feedback from him.
Maybe he figured out that the DVD set was worth more than the textbook. Or maybe he needed a quick gift idea. Or maybe he thought it over and decided to keep the DVD.

Very odd situation, though. At least it all ended well for both parties.
Old 12-27-07, 07:34 PM

I LOATHE UPS. LOATHE.
My son went to Cancun for Christmas with a friend and his parents. They live in Missisippi, we live in NY...so my son went to Miss a few days before they were all to leave for Cancun. My son calls me and tells me on the 21st of Dec the day they are fllying out that he lost his credit card at the movies the night before. I immediately cancel the card and am getting one sent to my home.
Earlier tonight I came home and saw a notice from UPS with a date that was ineligible, a 1st attempt checked, Thursday checked, signature required checked. I'm like WTF?
So I go online to track it...and see that is is marked as delivered. I call them and they tell me it was delivered. To where? They repeat my address (minus my apt number) and tell me "It was left at the front door of the building"
Okay, so you are telling me that something that is marked as SIGNATURE required, was left at the front door of my apt building in NYC? Are you NUTS?
So, I go back...need to cancel the card AGAIN....and then come to find out that the UPS driver left it under a doormat.
Yeah, cause that is where I would look for it...oh wait! I was supposed to SIGN for it. By the time I get this stupid card he'll be back from his trip. I am SO reaming UPS tomorrow. I mean seriously if you are going to try and deliver it without me signing for it...something I didn't want...why didn't they slide it under the door? At least it would have been in my apt. And before you ask, yes it would have fit under my door.
UPS sucks
Old 12-27-07, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
My UPS delivery people never look like that. If they did I would be ordering a lot more things.
It's the mustaches isn't it?

-p
Old 12-28-07, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
This is NOT the thread I want to see when my new $1300 pc is on it's way from half way across the country.....now winter storm to boot.
Old 12-28-07, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I ordered a new HD from fry's Wednesday. It shipped late wednesday/early thursday from OH and is on my porch as we speak. It was shipped ground as well, with an ETA of Monday.

Oh, and DHL usually provides the worst service of the major carriers.
Old 12-28-07, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
fedex blows too

Dec 27, 2007 9:26 AM Departed FedEx location FORT WORTH, TX
Dec 26, 2007 12:57 PM Arrived at FedEx location FORT WORTH, TX
scheduled to be delivered today.. i dont think they are going to make it..
stupid friggin fedex.. now Ill have to wait till monday

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.