Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Asian Sriracha Hot Sauce in South Shore Mass?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 08-14-07, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, I am a big fan of this sauce and I used to be able to get it at my local supermarket, but not anymore...does anyone know of any stores in the Boston - South Shore, Massachusetts area that still carries it?

Our most popular hot sauce.
Sriracha is made from sun ripen chilies which are ground into a smooth paste along with garlic and packaged in a convenient squeeze bottle. It is excellent in soups, sauces, pastas, pizzas, hot dogs, hamburgers, chowmein or on anything else to give it a delicious, spicy taste. Like all our sauces, we use only the highest quality ingredients and never any artificial colors or flavorings.

Available in 17 oz. and 28 oz. bottles.

http://www.huyfong.com/images/sriracha.jpg

Last edited by Unclejosh; 08-14-07 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-14-07, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If there are no surrounding otters in the area who have access to it, i can just buy and ship some over from So Cal.
Old 08-14-07, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which grocery store do you go to? I'm pretty sure that every Shaw's around here (Waltham, not too far away from you) carries it.

If not there, it's only 20 minutes from the South Shore to Boston's Chinatown. I'm sure you can get it by the case there really cheap.

-jason
Old 08-14-07, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I work in Charlestown right past Boston and live near Brockton. I have tried every supermarket including Shaw's, Stop & Shop, and Roche Brothers in my area. Like i said they used to carry it, but within the past year it is just gone. I havent tried any supermarkets closer to city.

I was hoping someone might know a specific store as i would rather not wander aimlessly around Chinatown looking for it. I used to be a Special Police Officer near there and brings back a lot of bad memories. My best friend had his back broken during a riot there. He was beaten and maced and broke numerous vertabrae. He was lucky he had his vest on or he would be dead.

Luckily I had that night off or who knows?
Old 08-14-07, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
I work in Charlestown right past Boston and live near Brockton. I have tried every supermarket including Shaw's, Stop & Shop, and Roche Brothers in my area. Like i said they used to carry it, but within the past year it is just gone. I havent tried any supermarkets closer to city.

I was hoping someone might know a specific store as i would rather not wander aimlessly around Chinatown looking for it. I used to be a Special Police Officer near there and brings back a lot of bad memories. My best friend had his back broken during a riot there. He was beaten and maced and broke numerous vertabrae. He was lucky he had his vest on or he would be dead.

Luckily I had that night off or who knows?

Is that a record for the speed of a single post that goes from a carefree question to being downright depressing?
Old 08-14-07, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There's also an Asian market in Waltham that I'm 99% sure carries it. It's at the plaza on Waverly Oaks Road, right near the radio towers.

If you don't want to venture in to the wild streets of Waltham , I could pick up a few bottles and send them over to you. Can't imagine shipping would be that expensive...

-jason
Old 08-14-07, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
Is that a record for the speed of a single post that goes from a carefree question to being downright depressing?

haha, i didnt mean it to be depressing, it was so long ago sometimes i forget how other people hearing that might react.

FYI, he is totally fine now and not to get off on a different topic, as a direct result of this incident, he had the courage to come out of the closet to himself and his family. So while a bummer initially, in the end, he says it was the best thing that ever happened to him.

Anyway, where can i get my sauce???? I am so addicted it isnt funny. I put it on everything, especially Town Spa Pizza, mmmmmmm!
Old 08-14-07, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by fuzzbox
There's also an Asian market in Waltham that I'm 99% sure carries it. It's at the plaza on Waverly Oaks Road, right near the radio towers.

If you don't want to venture in to the wild streets of Waltham , I could pick up a few bottles and send them over to you. Can't imagine shipping would be that expensive...

-jason

I think i can handle waltham. I can handle C-Town too, i just think back to seeing my friend whenever i am there.

Is that off 128?
Old 08-14-07, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

probably a 1000 places you can buy it from online

http://www.amazon.com/Huey-Fong-Srir...7113333&sr=8-2

stock up

<-- I don't understand the 'I can't buy this locally' thing when the internet pretty much has anything you want deliverable just about anywhere
Old 08-14-07, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

maybe some of us cant get deliveries at our place of residence?

or maybe some of us like the quest and sense of accomplishment of searching something out and getting it, even if it is just a lowly hot sauce, rather than clicking a button and waiting for some dude in brown to drop of a package that has been god knows where.

I used to work in the shipping business, stuff is not treated well. If i cant find it locally, i will go the online route as a last resort.

Last edited by Unclejosh; 08-14-07 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-14-07, 01:19 PM
GFM

There's a Super 88 at the South Bay shopping center. You should be able to find it there.
Old 08-14-07, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GFM
There's a Super 88 at the South Bay shopping center. You should be able to find it there.

That right off the expressway? if it is the one i am thinking off i drive by it every day. Right before the Fortress correct?
Old 08-14-07, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think i can handle waltham. I can handle C-Town too, i just think back to seeing my friend whenever i am there.

Is that off 128?
That would be 128 to Trapelo to Waverly. May not be the shortest route, but probably the easiest.

However, with someone mention that there's a Super 88 a lot closer to you than Waltham, that would probably be a better bet. That area is kinda janky, but during the daytime would be just fine.

-jason
Old 08-14-07, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

my super walmart has it.
Old 08-14-07, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

cool thanks!
Old 08-14-07, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by RoQuEr
my super walmart has it.

would that be the one in FLORIDA?
Old 08-14-07, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

all our Wallmarts carry it.
Old 08-14-07, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Really? Plain Walmarts or just the Super ones? I dont think i have ever seen a Super Walmart.

Maybe i can try one of the plain Walmarts near me. Didnt even occur to me they would carry such a thing. Didnt know they carried Asian cuisine.
Old 08-14-07, 01:48 PM
GFM

That right off the expressway? if it is the one i am thinking off i drive by it every day. Right before the Fortress correct?
Yup, off the Mass ave exit if you're going south or Andrew Square if you're going north.
Old 08-14-07, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
The Stop & Shop by me (near Worcester) still has it. I think I'd go crazy if they stopped.
Old 08-14-07, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GFM
Yup, off the Mass ave exit if you're going south or Andrew Square if you're going north.

Nice, I am usually stuck in traffic right there anyway, might as well run in and see.
Old 08-14-07, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by noonan4224
The Stop & Shop by me (near Worcester) still has it. I think I'd go crazy if they stopped.

I used to go to the one on Lincoln Street off of 290 as i used to live in Auburn until few months ago...They didnt have it last time i was there.
Old 08-14-07, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
I used to go to the one on Lincoln Street off of 290 as i used to live in Auburn until few months ago...They didnt have it last time i was there.
Weird. I go to the one on Rt 9 in Westboro. I was there just a few weeks ago and they had it with the rest of the specialty import items.
Old 08-14-07, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Man maybe it is a conspiracy against the uncle...
Old 08-14-07, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Worse comes to worse, go to any Vietnamese restaurant (and some Chinese) and ask to buy a bottle. They have Vietnamese restaurants there, right?

Some people I knew warned me about Boston Chinatown. I went a few years ago and didn't encounter any problems (btw I'm Asian). Maybe that incident was an anomaly.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.