Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

I admit it, I LOVE McDonald's food

Other Talk "Otterville"

I admit it, I LOVE McDonald's food

Old 12-19-13, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: I admit it, I LOVE McDonald's food

I like the Mighty Wings. I was confused when I first got them because I thought they were just a fancy chicken nugget. When it came out with bones I was surprised.
Old 12-19-13, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I thought Mighty Wings were great, but too expensive.
Old 12-19-13, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 285 Likes on 203 Posts

More than a buck per wing? At McDonalds? Are they fucking kidding? No wonder they didn't sell. Twice a week I can get wings for 60-cents each at the local Buffalo Wild Wings (or most other wing places and happy hours) with all kinds of great sauces and/or spices. Why the fuck would I pay almost double that for McDonald's shitty-ass wings? Unbelievable!
Old 12-19-13, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

when I'm infested with teenagers, I bring home McD's for them. I also like them for $1 for an unsweetened tea or coffee.
Old 12-19-13, 10:37 PM

I can't say that I'm a fan of the regular menu but their breakfast is tasty. I especially enjoy the bacon and egg McMuffin and their coffee is my fast food fave by far.
Old 12-19-13, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
My wife's parents eat McD's 1-3 times a day and have done so for years.
Does not compute.
Old 12-19-13, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 187 Likes on 143 Posts

Mighty Wings were OK but nothing to write home about- Wingstop is the best, though they desperately need a new flavor that suits my taste. McDonald's is usually afraid of spicy food- they had a spicy premium chicken sandwich a few years ago that was addicting, but they got rid of it faster than anything else I've seen them sell!
Old 12-19-13, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 174 Likes on 129 Posts

I haven't read through the thread, but it would be interesting to check with folks who posted 6 years ago about their love for McD's and compare their health from then to now.
Old 12-19-13, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 330 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
I haven't read through the thread, but it would be interesting to check with folks who posted 6 years ago about their love for McD's and compare their health from then to now.
They can't post because they're either dead, or unable to type on a keyboard due to fat fingers.
Old 12-19-13, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I like the Sausage McMuffin with egg. The pancakes are pretty good. But it's the sausage that makes the difference.

Though, the best breakfast sausage is Jimmy Dean.
Old 12-20-13, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,511 Likes on 985 Posts

Mickey D's egg and bacon biscuit and hashbrowns are damn tasty, though I end up regretting eating them about 2 hours later.

I also like their Big Mac. Occasionally if I get off work late I'll swing by for their Big Mac meal.

Those are the only two items I've eaten at McDonalds for at least ten years. I had no idea they did wings. If they're anything like their chicken Mcnuggets I'll stay far away.
Old 12-20-13, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
I didn't post 6 years ago but I did love McD then and I still do. I'm also thinner, stronger and healthier than I've been in at least 10 years. Loving shitty fast food doesn't mean I eat it all the time.
Old 12-20-13, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 145 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Ugh...
I've always felt that mixing salty food with sweet food is a crime against nature. That, and I've never really had much of a sweet tooth - I'm much more of an appetizer guy than a desert guy.

GTFO. Sweet and salty go together like white Santa and white Jesus.

Last edited by Deadman31; 12-20-13 at 07:01 AM.
Old 12-20-13, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Two ways to get rid of them: 1.Cut the price in half. 50 cent wings.
2. Sell them in bulk to local schools.
Old 12-20-13, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Gunde View Post
I didn't post 6 years ago but I did love McD then and I still do. I'm also thinner, stronger and healthier than I've been in at least 10 years. Loving shitty fast food doesn't mean I eat it all the time.
I did post 6 years ago, still enjoy the same things... But I have always been active and try to count calories... I am 5'11", weigh under 160, and will be a 40 year old in a little over a week... People's problems is that they don't know what moderation means...
Old 12-20-13, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The premium southwest chicken wrap (grilled cause I'm such a health nut) was like heaven in my mouth. I've been getting the asian one all along, but this one, oh my goodness. The new quarter pounders are garbage, that patty is terrible, don't try to dress it up with quality veggies, if you can't disguise it with that addictive cheese and some ketchup and mustard then it's garbage. Also what's with them having two different types of lettuce(one shredded iceberg and then healthier leafy stuff), two different types of pickles(pickles are dirt cheap I don't get the 1/10th of a cent savings), tomatoes are probably different but I don't see a whole lot of cheap items with tomatoes on them to know.
Old 12-20-13, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I miss the Triple chesseburger. Talk about a pile a of delicious grease!
Old 12-20-13, 09:27 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't eat at McDs often.. but if I do at breakfast time, I get the Egg White delight.. the white cheddar cheese is better than the cheese they normally use on their breakfast sandwiches.

For lunch I'll usually get the cheddar onion burger that is really good.. And their sweet tea is damn good.
Old 12-20-13, 09:31 AM
RIP

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose View Post
The chicken sandwiches, bugers, fries, etc are all so greasy and delicious. Biting into one gives me JOY dammit.

I would eat it every day if it wouldn't kill me.

Fuck you, Morgan Spurlock. Eating fast food every day for a month is bad for you? WHODATHUNKIT. Of course it's bad for you, it's junk food, you nitwit. It's not supposed to be eaten three meals a day. If you ate only what was good for you, we would have to live on water and wheat germ.

Lay off the clown. He's good people.
He died.
Old 12-20-13, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

I enjoy a Big Mac and 20 pc McNugget once in a while. My main McDonalds vice is the breakfast however. Usually once a week for their bacon egg and cheese biscuit. Not the McMuffin though, those are nasty tasting.
The problem I saw with the McWings, was the same problem I saw witht the chicken selects. Sinmply price. They were insanely expensive, and not worth it in my opinion. when you can get 20 McNuggets for $5, why would I pay $10 for 10 wings, or $8 for 3 chicken selects?
Old 12-20-13, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by adrenaline78 View Post
I miss the Triple chesseburger. Talk about a pile a of delicious grease!
I'm afraid that I miss them, as well.

Old 12-20-13, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase View Post
I'm afraid that I miss them, as well.

I miss the short lived McDonalds Superhero burger... it was a longer hoagie type roll with three patties cheese and all the fixings... I think it came out around the time of one of the batman movies
Old 12-20-13, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 85 Posts

So the McDonald's near me has started serving breakfast at midnight in addition to the regular menu until 4 a.m. There was a sign indicating this, but the breakfast items weren't ready when I was there. But once it's up and running this is going to be good.
Old 12-20-13, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lewisb73 View Post
I miss the short lived McDonalds Superhero burger... it was a longer hoagie type roll with three patties cheese and all the fixings... I think it came out around the time of one of the batman movies
Yeah, I remember that (mid 1990s).
I think that was when they were doing the burger-of-the-month still.
Old 12-20-13, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
McDonald's is usually afraid of spicy food- they had a spicy premium chicken sandwich a few years ago that was addicting, but they got rid of it faster than anything else I've seen them sell!
I just had a spicy chicken sandwich from McD's, although I don't know if it's the same one you are talking about. It certainly wasn't what I would consider premium, especially since it was on their dollar menu. Damn tasty, though.

I didn't even know they had wings, but if I did, I wouldn't have ever picked them up. Those don't look good, at all, and they're too pricey.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.