Reload this Page >

What to do in Los Angeles as a visitor?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 04-15-07, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My relatives are visiting in Los Angeles and asked me if I could think of a few things for them to do. They definitely want to go on a tour of a movie studio and go walking down Rodeo Drive where all the expensive shops are, go to Hollywood/Highland where the hands are in the cement at Graumans, etc...

I've lived here a few years and I'm not sure where i'd go if I was a tourist. I don't really go sight seeing. What are some good spots I should take them to?
Old 04-15-07, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This should get you started...

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=405935
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=446610
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=379507
Old 04-15-07, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thank you! I was searching for some of those threads but couldn't get them to show up
Old 04-15-07, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, what do ya know!

I've lived here for some 45 years and here's something I told someone who just very recently asked me that very same question!

There are MANY fabulous museums, and one that's fun is LaBrea Tar Pits!

Sure, it can be boring (to some of the more 'Action Packed' bunch), but if your into skeletons and tar and old stuff, it's the place for you!

(I for one really like museums and ancient stuff like that, so it's right up my alley!)

That's where a bunch of dinosaurs thought it was safe to get a drink of water, but as they slowly walked in, they got stuck in the tar, couldn't get out, and tragically died. We now have their bones and have recovered many wonderful pre-historic animal skeletons!

Hey! Here's something I just wrote on the topic!

Important Instructions to Survive a Visit to Los Angeles

-by The Edit King

Never go outside after sundown. Keep to yourself at ALL times and NEVER make eye-contact with ANYONE, EVER.

When you are in your car and you suddenly hear a noise like a tire popping (or many tires popping at the same time), learn how to duck and swerve your car to safety, avoiding the hitting of anyone, because if you do (hit someone in Los Angeles, that is) it will only make them madder. You can rehearse your 'danger driving' in parking lots of closed supermarkets or whatnot.

If at home, stay away from ALL windows! If you hear what sounds like fire crackers popping, learn to quickly drop and roll, even if asleep in bed.

If you suddenly feel your house or apartment start to shake, try as best as you can to keep your balance and get to a doorway as soon as possible and hold on until it stops (and hopefully it will without too much damage).

Most importantly, when at home or on the road, keep your doors locked!

Hope this helps, and I hope you enjoy your visit to my fun filled city!

-THEEK!, INDEED!

Last edited by The Edit King; 04-15-07 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Because that's what I do.
Old 04-15-07, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

THEEK...

Old 04-16-07, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

buy some clothes to match gang colors and go sightseeing in them
Old 04-16-07, 12:13 PM

Go to a taping of a TV show - you can get free tickets online.

I took my grandparents to a taping of Deal or No Deal -it was the highlight of the trip for them. They got to see some celebrities and my grandfather spent the whole time deciding which one of the models should go home with him.