Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

The day I was abducted by teenage prostitutes & middle-aged taxi drivers!

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 04-10-07, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way back when I was a young lad (in my AA days after a meeting and the regular late night coffee shop stop), my first sponsor, one of his friends, and I (wired on all the liquid caffeine we drank back then during and after meetings) decided to drive around and play with some of the hookers that decorated the corners of the Sunset Strip out here in Los Angeles.

So, we pulled the car over to one group of girls, and a couple of them walked over to the car and we asked them how much, and this and that, and when we said, "Okay, get in!", and a girl started to get into the car, that's when we took off, and just left her standing there while we laughed and cracked up big time (for one reason or another thinking that was really funny back then), as she and her friends all flashed us the finger and cussed us out at the top of their lungs.

We drove up and down the strip, and did that a few more times, but when we noticed that a cab had pulled in really close behind us, we all got kinda nervous, and took off as fast as we could and tried to lose him, but no matter what we did, we just couldn't shake that damn cab off our tail!

Then from outta nowhere (wouldn't ya just know it ) another cab pulled along side our car, and then sped up and pulled right in front of us and then slowed down so fast, we almost hit it! Now here we were, boxed in by two cabs and two very angry (and mean looking) cab drivers!

They made us pull over at a corner where some of the girls (we already teased) were standing, and one of the drivers got out of his car and told us in no uncertain terms that we were going to stop playing with the hookers and that someone was going to have to cough up some cash and have a service preformed or they were going to kick our arses!

WELL & WHAT THE...???

At that point I was so scared that we were going to get our arses seriously kicked, I didn't know just what to think or how in the Hell I was ever going to get outta this one, and the cab driver was quickly losing patience with us.

I told my sponsor to do it, but he said that he was Catholic and couldn't be with a prostitute because it was against his religion, and his friend said that he was married, and he in good conscious couldn't do that to his wife and children, and so that left 'me', being the odd man out, not to mention the youngest, unmarried, non-Catholic.

But I had no cash (apart from some pocket change), and so my sponsor and his friend had to try to cough up the bucks to satisfy the cabby & hooker. They scraped together thirty dollars (including my change) and the cab driver said it was enough, and to pick a girl and get in his cab, and so I chose one of the girls and he grabbed me by the arm and pushed me in one side of the cab (the 'traffic' side) and she got in on the other side! It was like I was being kidnapped and forced to have a prostitute service me or something! I yelled to my sponsor to follow us so I could get a ride home after, 'The Service' was completed.

The girl took the money and cab driver dude drove us to a hotel just off the strip and he pulled into an underground parking lot. All this time I was crappin' bricks in my mind, thinking for sure they were going to kill me.

Well, the guy parked the cab and got out and said he'd be, "Just over there", and I said, "Okay" for lack of anything better to say in my situation.

The girl and I started talking. She said she was 17 and began telling me how cute I was and how she sometimes had to be with older weird dudes. I could hardly believe that she was telling me all that stuff, but I returned the complement and told her that she was really pretty (and she really was), and how I just couldn't understand why she was doing what she was doing (being out there on the streets like that and all), but she went on to explain to me that it was okay, and that's when she started to unbutton my jeans. (Levi's 501's were all the rage, being very hip and or cool back then, hence, the 'unbutton'.)

I became really embarrassed and I just sat there looking all around, still way too nervous to enjoy anything after that, 'cab-chase/arse kick-threatening/arm-grabbing/capture-kidnap' event, and after a few moments of silence, I explained to her that I couldn't...'get into it', and she said she totally understood, and ended up rubbing my shoulders and scratching my back of all things!

...but let me tell ya...

IT FELT G-R-E-A-T!!!

It was like we almost became friends or whatnot! I'm serious!

Anyway, after a few more minutes, she said she had to get back to 'work', and so I gave her a hug and a kiss, wished her the best of everything and said good-bye, and she did the same to me! I got out of the cab and the cab driver walked up and I said, 'Take it easy', and he gave me a nod (with his head) and got in the cab (with the girl still in the back seat) and drove away.

I walked over like a stud muffin, struttin' my stuff to my pals (that actually waited for me), and they were laughing and all excited, and curious about what happened, and so I quickly made up all this stuff about how great it was, and how skilled she was, and that she gave me, 'Special Bonus Treatment' because I was so cute and all. I mean, they were on the edge of their seats! It was silly.

Besides, I didn't have the heart (or better yet, the 'courage') to tell them all she did was rub and scratch my back...on THEIR $30!

Just another day in the life of...

-THEEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 04-10-07 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-10-07, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmmph, judging from the title, I thought this thread was going to be a tale of THEEK's latest visit to the mall.
Old 04-10-07, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Awww... I'm sorry.

But HEY! I'm working on it!

-THEEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 04-10-07 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Because I have many correctional issues.
Old 04-10-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
No wonder you turned out so strange! (But lovable!)
Old 04-10-07, 11:23 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Paul, your life would make a great movie!
Old 04-11-07, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Save Ferris
Paul, your life would make a great movie!
or a COMIC STRIP!!

Old 04-11-07, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I shook my head at the thread title...

Then I saw who wrote it...

And the thread actually delivered!
Old 04-11-07, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now THEEK, did this REALLY happen? Because I'm not so sure that it did.
Old 04-11-07, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 04-11-07, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 04-11-07, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

YOU GUYS!!!

That's some really funny stuff!

It was kinda long...

...sorry fellas!

(Hey! Is my head really THAT BIG??? )

Hey, Josh!

Long time no Blab! ( & )

...you know, as GAWD as my witness...

...it sincerely & with all honesty...DID!!!

No smilie was harmed during the making of this post.

-THEEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 04-11-07 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Because I have many correctional issues.
Old 04-11-07, 01:29 PM

Good story, but the first thing that came to my mind was that you and your sponsor were being assholes to hookers!!! Sort of seems counterproductive to practicing spiritual principles in all your affairs.

I'm really trying not to be holier than thou - I've been done totally fucked up things in sobriety myself... although usually my sponsor will tell me when I am being a dick... just kind of stuck out to me - your sponsor, a devout Catholic, sanctioning that activity!!!
Old 04-11-07, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I hear what yer sayin', Bobby!

Heck! I'm not makin' excuses (don't need to), but I was only 17 myself at the time, and after all he was only my FIRST sponsor.

I mean, we were only 'playing' with them! If we were truly evil, we could have done A LOT WORSE!!!

Ahh, the good ol' AA days...
Old 04-11-07, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was under the impression that this was a normal occurrence in LA.
Old 04-11-07, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It is, but when it happens to YOU, it's an EXPERIENCE!

I like to see it as kinda like trippin' with the Bradys!

-THEEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 04-11-07 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-11-07, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Great story! Archive material, as good as the Devil's Member!

I hope you learned your lesson and stopped teasing the hookers.
Old 04-11-07, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yes Daddy Nick, I stopped teasing the hookers. &

( )

-THEEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 04-11-07 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-11-07, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Here in the Phoenix area, we used to cruise down Van Buren and flick pennies at the prostitutes. This way we did not risk running over any hooker toes, like Paul's shenanigans could result in, and we were supplying additional funds for them to give to their pimps. Everybody wins!
Old 04-11-07, 04:43 PM

Edit King, not trying to pry, but I'm just curious...

You say good old AA days.

Are you still sober?

Are you drinking again?

Did you realize you weren't an alcoholic?

Are you an alcoholic but figured out a better way than AA?

Just human curiosity.
Old 04-11-07, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

All right, Bobby!

Let me put it in this 'condensed' way... (No, Really! It IS the short version! Honest! )

I went to meetings for something like 9 years, and I was as they say, 'Sober' all the way.

Then, one day, while creating my artwork (which consisted mainly of statues of demons and other dark & evil creatures through which I found power over certain people), I was looking for inspiration, to gain strength through fear & intimidation (key tools used by the darkness on weak minds), and at the bottom of our closet was a book Treesa was given years before entitled, "Satan is Alive and Well on Planet Earth", and so, I thought for sure there would be pictures of demons or whatnot, and I started flipping through the pages, and out of the blue (when I was certainly not looking for Him), The Lord made a house call, and found me right there all alone in my apartment! I mean, God was the farthest thing from my mind! I mean, afterall, was looking for something evil (like Satananic or whatnot) and found the Lord! Go figure!

He directed me to an ol' dusty unread Bible I had on the shelve, and as I read, I began to understand many things. One of which was that getting drunk was a sin and not a disease (well, at least not in 'my' case, as AA taught me year after year), and afterall was a choice.

So, that day I took personal responsibility for my lack of control in the area of drinking to excess (and a few other things), grew up a little, stopped acting like a cry baby, and a victim, and thanks to God, with His help & understanding, I now have absolutely no problem with it.

Treesa and I have a drink or two whenever we want it, which isn't all that often, and we may have a 'kicker' or two at night (that's like a shot of the ol' Southern Comfort and a gulp of coke), but the Lord gave me a Heart Change. He changed the way I thought about drinking.

You see...

Back in the day, I couldn't leave a bottle just sitting there at a party. I mean, I always had to finish it right away. After all, that's what all my friends did, and because of the peer pressure, I didn't want to be the odd ball!

That progressed, and well, I ended up being the odd ball anyway ( ), and it got to the point that I couldn't even get on the bus in the morning to go to school without stopping by the neighborhood liquor store and chugging a half pint of Southern Comfort (you know, 'Liquid Courage"?), only to meet some drinking pals at school, and then split a 6-pak of Schlitz Malt Liquor and a fifth of Bacardi.

After two years of drinking & doing various drugs, I was found by the Police one night, drunk as a skunk, roughed up a bit and more or less passed out on a bus bench over there at Laurel Canyon & Ventura Boulevards (out here in Los Angeles) after I wandered away from a party in the hills. I apparently tried to run off with the cash box they had there at the service station after asking the attendant for some change for the bus.

Anyway, they took me to the L.A. County jail (Aka: The 'Glasshouse') at the age of 16, and being luckily bailed out a few hours later (just before the blood test) by my Mom at 2:30 in the morning, the next day I found myself standing before the Judge, and he sentenced me to 20 AA meetings.

I was shocked. "Me" an alcoholic? PAH! What BullCorn!", I thought! But after going to my very first meeting (with my Mom), I understood right then and there that AA wasn't just bunch of skid row types, but many wonderful successful everyday folks from every walk of life and occupation, from the Entertainment business to the Sanitation business, all reaching out and in turn helping each other. I Loved it so much, I stayed for some 9 years, and met some outta sight people!

All in All, AA is a great place! It has much to offer. Many people need it, and Heck, 'I' surely did! I thank God it was there for me. It was a great step in the right direction for me.

But now, I don't have to fear, 'that next drink', or being, 'one drink away from a drunk'. I don't have to even think twice about it.

Sure, there are more details and events, but there ya have it in a nut shell!

I hope it answers your questions.

-THEEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 04-11-07 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Because I have many correctional issues.
Old 04-11-07, 06:25 PM

excellent memoir editking!!

Glad to hear the story.

Thanks
Old 04-11-07, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow!!! This should be a major motion picture and maybe in 3D.

Old 04-12-07, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

it's really too bad we got rid of that whole involuntary commitment to insane asylums thing.
Old 04-13-07, 10:19 AM

I think this is the best bit:

Originally Posted by The Edit King
...and he gave me a nod (with his head)
Good story TEK