Reload this Page >

If you had 3 wishes...

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

If you had 3 wishes...

Old 04-08-07, 12:23 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
If you had 3 wishes...

If you were granted 3 wishes with the power to make them come true, what would they be?

1. For my family and future family to never know financial burden and be comfortable the rest of their lives. (i am not saying millionaires or super rich, but comfortable to the point that we don't ever have to worry about mortgages or retirement funds, etc...)

2. For there never to be physical or mental abuse on women or children.

3. To do away with all cancers and AIDS.
Old 04-08-07, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
1. I wish I had a sausage.
2. I wish this sausage were attached to the end of your nose!
3. I wish, um, that the sausage weren't attached to the end of your nose. I guess.
Old 04-08-07, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wish everyone spoke only english
Old 04-08-07, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 04-08-07, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Since I think we would all wish for the big ones (financial security, no disease, world peace, blah blah blah), I present my humble list of three things that would make life better:

1) An easy to use and reliable way to print covers on DVDs. Paper labels aren't reliable due to the speed DVDs spin in the drive. Inkjet printers are poorly manufactured pieces of crap and the ink is too expensive. Lightscribe is one of the worst piece of consumer electronics foisted on the market.

2) An end to this idiotic HDTV rollout. Pick one format for the standard and one format for the media and live with it.

3) Standardized batteries for consumer electronics. Decades ago, manufacturers of everything from transistor radios to flashlights settled on standards that allowed multiple devices to use a limited range of batteries, which are readily available on the open market. Now, every single camera, laptop, and other gizmo (even from the same company) needs a specialized battery. It's insane.
Old 04-08-07, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd wish for more wishes. Duh!
Old 04-08-07, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. To die quick. Fine one second, dead before I hit the floor. Like turning off a switch.
2. To eat as much as you want of anything you want with no consequences.
3. To time travel
Old 04-08-07, 01:28 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

1. Money
2. Health and safety for me, my family and friends
3. Two chicks at once
Old 04-08-07, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

1. Unlimited wishes
2. The ability to go back and do everything over knowing what I know now
3. For every dollar I spent, I got two back.
Old 04-08-07, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by rw2516
1. To die quick. Fine one second, dead before I hit the floor. Like turning off a switch.

If I had one wish that I could wish this holiday season, it would be for all the children to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.

If I had two wishes I could make this holiday season, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace. And the second would be for 30 million dollars a month to be given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account.

You know, if I had three wishes I could make this holiday season, the first, of course, would be for all the children of the world to get together and sing, the second would be for the 30 million dollars every month to me, and the third would be for encompassing power over every living being in the entire universe.

And if I had four wishes that I could make this holiday season, the first would be the crap about the kids definitely, the second would be for the 30 million, the third would be for all the power, and the fourth would be to set aside one month each year to have an extended 31-day orgasm, to be brought out slowly by Rosanna Arquette and that model Paulina-somebody, I can't think of her name. Of course my lovely wife can come too and she's behind me one hundred percent here, I guarantee it.

Wait a minute -- maybe the sex thing should be the first wish, so if I made that the first wish, because it could all go boom tomorrow, then what do you got, y'know? No, no, the kids, the kids singing would be great, that would be nice. But wait a minute, who am I kidding? They're not going to be able to get all those kids together. I mean, the logistics of the thing is impossible, more trouble than it's worth! So -- we reorganize! Here we go. First, the sex thing. We go with that. Second, the money. No, we go with the power second, then the money. And then the kids.

Oh wait, oh jeez, I forgot about revenge against my enemies! Okay, I need revenge against all my enemies. They should die like pigs in hell! That would be my fourth wish. And, of course, my fifth wish would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace. Thank you everybody and Happy Easter.

das
Old 04-08-07, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I tired to find a comic strip I remember, it went:

If I had three wishes, first I'd kill every living person on this planet.

For my second wish I'd bring them all back to life, with full knewledge of what happened.

Then for my third wish I'd kill them all again.
Old 04-08-07, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Let's see here... (assuming that there you're not allowed to wish for more wishes)

1. I wish that all wishes I make, including this one, are interpreted by my intent, not by the intent of the granter of the wishes (or granter of power thereof, whichever applies).

This allows for any clarification necessary on my part, and prevents others from being accidentally harmed by my wish (I wish for $1,000, someone else loses their last $1k out of a savings account due to a bank error or such).

(I'm a former Dungeons & Dragons player, and I had a DM that would get very literal with wishes and would do his best to turn them against you)

2. I wish to be immortal, all physical and mental (if any) imperfections repaired, body in peak condition, and to only die when I truly wish it so. No one will notice it odd that I do not age. (I would have to set a few more terms on this one after having the time to think it through)

3. Time travel. In addition to being able to study the past first-hand, I can also set it up to where I'm not wanting for money.

Why don't I wish for world peace or anything?

Simply put, I'm a selfish bastard. I also figure that with unlimited time and funding, I can help more people than I could with 3 wishes.

Last edited by MovieExchange; 04-08-07 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-08-07, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1. a better president
2. all the people I love that are dead would still be alive
3 3 more wishes
Old 04-08-07, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

1. That there would not be any physical, mental or emotional abuse on any living creature.
2. That society would be more tolerant of people and their differences.
3. That everyone would know and understand God's love (they're still free to reject Him and choose their own way of course).
Old 04-08-07, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'd just wish for money and health. I could buy anything else I need with the money (love, happiness, beer, etc...)
Old 04-08-07, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I would NEVER wish for world peace. In order for the entire world to be at peace with eaach other all at the same time, human beings would have to become something else, with a lot less enthusiasm.

1. Optimum health for Me and Nick.

2. Everlasting Landscaping, front and back yard.

3. For the Granter of the Wishes to fall completely and un-selfishly in love with me.

If I can't change the emotions of intelligent beings, as in the third wish, I don't think there is anything particular I would wish for. I might save the third wish to use for a friend.

If the Wish Granter hangs around and whines, and insists that I use the wish right away, I suppose I might wish for a gallon of the world's best ice cream, just to get rid of the creature.
Old 04-08-07, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger
I would NEVER wish for world peace. In order for the entire world to be at peace with eaach other all at the same time, human beings would have to become something else, with a lot less enthusiasm.

If we learn anything from the Simpsons, remember the Halloween monkey paw episode. When Lisa wished for world peace, it left us open to attack from the aliens.
Old 04-08-07, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Your mighty intellects are no match for our puny weapons!
Old 04-09-07, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

unconventional:

1.) No more Will Ferrell or Jack Black movies...EVAR !!
2.) Tom Leykis for President '08
3.) Exact coordinates of Bin Laden's cave (um, to hand over to the CIA of course!)
Old 04-09-07, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wish for a car door, so when it's hot, I can roll down the window.
Old 04-09-07, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by rw2516
2. To eat as much as you want of anything you want with no consequences.
3. To time travel
You realize that in this scenario you'd never get a chance to ask for wishes 2 and 3, right?
Old 04-09-07, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1. Dad not killed by cancer at 56
2. All bills and house paid off
3. Enough money to live comfortably without having to work
Old 04-09-07, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by das Monkey

If I had one wish that I could wish this holiday season, it would be for all the children to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.

If I had two wishes I could make this holiday season, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace. And the second would be for 30 million dollars a month to be given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account.

You know, if I had three wishes I could make this holiday season, the first, of course, would be for all the children of the world to get together and sing, the second would be for the 30 million dollars every month to me, and the third would be for encompassing power over every living being in the entire universe.

And if I had four wishes that I could make this holiday season, the first would be the crap about the kids definitely, the second would be for the 30 million, the third would be for all the power, and the fourth would be to set aside one month each year to have an extended 31-day orgasm, to be brought out slowly by Rosanna Arquette and that model Paulina-somebody, I can't think of her name. Of course my lovely wife can come too and she's behind me one hundred percent here, I guarantee it.

Wait a minute -- maybe the sex thing should be the first wish, so if I made that the first wish, because it could all go boom tomorrow, then what do you got, y'know? No, no, the kids, the kids singing would be great, that would be nice. But wait a minute, who am I kidding? They're not going to be able to get all those kids together. I mean, the logistics of the thing is impossible, more trouble than it's worth! So -- we reorganize! Here we go. First, the sex thing. We go with that. Second, the money. No, we go with the power second, then the money. And then the kids.

Oh wait, oh jeez, I forgot about revenge against my enemies! Okay, I need revenge against all my enemies. They should die like pigs in hell! That would be my fourth wish. And, of course, my fifth wish would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace. Thank you everybody and Happy Easter.

das

I think you got the pics screwed up.
Old 04-09-07, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
If you were granted 3 wishes with the power to make them come true, what would they be?

1. For my family and future family to never know financial burden and be comfortable the rest of their lives. (i am not saying millionaires or super rich, but comfortable to the point that we don't ever have to worry about mortgages or retirement funds, etc...)

2. For there never to be physical or mental abuse on women or children.

3. To do away with all cancers and AIDS.
Copy that.
Old 04-10-07, 03:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

1) Teleportation. Me and whatever I choose. Grocery shopping would be much easier.
2) Ability to become immediately sober. I enjoy drinking, but not so much being drunk. Especially the rest-lacking sleep I get while drunk.
3) No more 97+ degree days.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.