Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Car thief scolds mother for leaving child in car

Old 04-07-07, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car thief scolds mother for leaving child in car

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-onlin..._9109330.shtml

Mother gets earful from her car thief

Suspect returns vehicle after discovering a toddler inside, then gives victim a lecture.

By BRIDGET MURPHY, The Times-Union

Even a car crook can have a conscience.

Police said a Jacksonville mom who left her sleeping toddler in the car while ducking into a store came outside after a few minutes to find both gone Tuesday night.

But the thief got more than he bargained for. When he saw the 1-year-old, police said he quickly returned the car and the child before giving the mother a parenting lecture.

"That's what you get for leaving your kid and keys inside of your vehicle! You got what you deserved!"
he told the 25-year-old woman outside the auto parts store before running away, according to the Sheriff's Office incident report.

Witnesses described the thief as a black male with gold teeth and braided hair. He was wearing a white tank top, black pants with the word "G-Unit" on the side, and an orange baseball cap turned backward. He had driven away in the woman's bronze 2002 Nissan Altima before coming back.

The incident happened about 9:20 p.m. Tuesday at the Advance Discount Auto Parts store at 10014 Atlantic Blvd. when the mother went in to buy some motor oil.

The woman said Friday that the incident was the first time she ever left her son alone in the car and she will never do it again.

The Times-Union isn't identifying her because the culprit remains at large.

Although the mother said she is grateful to get her son back, she said she still wants the thief caught.

"That man did do wrong. What goes around comes around," she said.

There should be more thiefs like this.
Old 04-07-07, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Graftenberg

There should be more thiefs like this.
and less mothers like that.
Old 04-07-07, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Even thieves have STANDARDS, man. He wasn't about to become a kidnapper!
Old 04-07-07, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
The woman said Friday that the incident was the first time she ever left her son alone in the car and got caught doing it.
fixed

I think she should be charged with neglect or endangerment or something.
Old 04-07-07, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Florida, should have known

agree with Tom,charge her with something
Old 04-07-07, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I hope she gets charged with neglect.

A few years ago I found 2 toddlers in a car and I waited there like a ninny till their father came back (took over 10 minutes). I told him it was illegal to leave kids in a car like that, and he basically brushed me off and told me to mind my own business. I decided that from then on, if I saw kids abandoned in a car, I would call the police.
Old 04-07-07, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
^^^ Thank you for watching out for his kids when he didn't want to. His attitude was uncalled for and maybe he needs to a "thief with a heart of gold" to give him some perspective.
Old 04-07-07, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

G-Unit is no fool. Big difference between auto theft and child abduction.
Old 04-07-07, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by tasha99
A few years ago I found 2 toddlers in a car and I waited there like a ninny till their father came back (took over 10 minutes). I told him it was illegal to leave kids in a car like that, and he basically brushed me off and told me to mind my own business. I decided that from then on, if I saw kids abandoned in a car, I would call the police.
Good for you. My response to him would have been "I'll be watching for your car. Next time I see you do this, I'm calling the cops immediately."
Old 04-07-07, 01:11 PM

I don't have much respect for car thieves, especially ones like that judging by his attire, but I have even less for "mothers" who leave their kids in the car - and with the keys! OMFG, woman.
Old 04-07-07, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
I don't have much respect for car thieves, especially ones like that judging by his attire, but I have even less for "mothers" who leave their kids in the car - and with the keys! OMFG, woman.
Well, she did the responsible thing by leaving the keys in the car. That way, the 1 year-old kid can turn the ignition and roll down the windows in case the temperature in the car rises above 130 degrees.
Old 04-07-07, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Witnesses described the thief as a black male with gold teeth and braided hair.
Flava Flav has reduced himself to stealing cars?
Old 04-07-07, 04:48 PM

Man give the guy a break, he returned the car, and nobody was harmed. He could have easily dumped the baby somewhere and taken off with the car, or even held the baby hostage or something.
Old 04-07-07, 04:57 PM
Banned

Witnesses described the thief as a black male with gold teeth and braided hair. He was wearing a white tank top, black pants with the word "G-Unit" on the side, and an orange baseball cap turned backward. He had driven away in the woman's bronze 2002 Nissan Altima before coming back.
Well, I'm just shocked!

Didn't some comedian do a routine about black guys never kidnap kids because they don't want the ones that they have..? Chris Rock, maybe....?
Old 04-07-07, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The woman said Friday that the incident was the first time she ever left her son alone in the car and she will never do it again.
Right...first time!

"What goes around comes around," she said.
But apparently not for her. Karma is a two-way street.
Old 04-07-07, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

9:20 at night too.

Did she even notice that the car and kid were gone?
Old 04-07-07, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tasha99
I hope she gets charged with neglect.

I've done that on hot days with people who leave their dogs in the car with the windows up. It's inhumane.

I actually like this thief, and if I was the mother, I'm not so sure I would have been stupid enough to report it.
Old 04-07-07, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I hate people!

The "mom" should be flogged!
Old 04-07-07, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Mom should be braided, and "grilled".
Old 04-07-07, 07:33 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Glad the baby was returned. As for the mother, she's pretty fucking dumb to leave a baby alone in a car. While the thief did the right thing, he still should be bought to justice.
Old 04-07-07, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Fok
While the thief did the right thing, he still should be bought to justice.
Don't you mean sold to justice?
Old 04-07-07, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

To all of you guys condemning this women, do you have kids? Say you have a 1 year old who isn't sleeping at night and you finally get them to nap in the car. It's pretty friggen hard to force yourself to risk waking them up if you just have to nip into a store for a minute. This is not an uncommon scenario. I should say that I agree, you have bring the kid, but no parent could honestly say the thought of just leaving them in the car for a second hasn't crossed their mind. Saying she should be arrested is ridiculous.
Old 04-07-07, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Hiro11
To all of you guys condemning this women, do you have kids? Say you have a 1 year old who isn't sleeping at night and you finally get them to nap in the car. It's pretty friggen hard to force yourself to risk waking them up if you just have to nip into a store for a minute. This is not an uncommon scenario. I should say that I agree, you have bring the kid, but no parent could honestly say the thought of just leaving them in the car for a second hasn't crossed their mind. Saying she should be arrested is ridiculous.
I hate kids & think she should be arrested.
Old 04-07-07, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ever since a little kid got dragged to death(at 70mph on the freeway no less) by a car thief, it is illegal to leave kids in the car with the keys in the car in Missouri. You can be arrested and prosecuted, child endangerment or something similar. Customers in convienent stores have called the cops when someone comes into the store, leaving their kids in the car with the motor running. I think most just get the riot act read to them by other customers.
Old 04-07-07, 09:19 PM

The woman left both the kid and her keys in the car!

I have twin daughters, and when they were infants, I would carry 2 baby carriers into the convenience store to buy my smokes and booze. Am I the only responsible parent left?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.