Reload this Page >

any Bank Of NY'ers not like Chase?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 04-01-07, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I switched from Chase to BONY several years ago, now CHASE bought BONY and I'm back again
Old 04-02-07, 10:50 AM

Same here. I left Chase because I was being reamed by their fees for not keeping a minimum balance of $1000 and this was one of those special relationship checking accts with my employer. I'm still leery Chase will pull a fast one with my checking acct with BoNY considering they're claiming they're not changing anything.
Old 04-02-07, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've been a member of Chase for a long time. Just recently I've been having problems with them. The last two months they've tried to upgrade my debit/checking card to a Continental Airlines points card, without telling me. And of course it costs $25. I had to fight with them both times as they tried to tell me I "requested" it. The latest problem was they canceled my debit/checking card before I got the new one and could activate it.
Old 04-02-07, 02:35 PM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Across the Hudson [email protected]: Hoboken. LET'S GO YANKS!
I'm with Chase for a couple of years without any problems (I was with HSBC before and they are HORRIBLE). If you want to avoid fees, use their Free Checking account with direct deposit.

I guess that most major banks are more or less the same anyway, the convenience of Chase is the amount of ATMs in NYC.