Old 03-31-07, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My fifteen minutes

I will enjoy it for the moment

http://www.scca.com/

ProSolo Season Begins With a Lotus Tango
SCCA Staff Writers

EL TORO, Calif. (March 30, 2007) – The TireRack© SCCA ProSolo season is officially underway following the opening round of competition last weekend at the El Toro Airfield.

Nearly 200 soloists were greeted with spectacular weather and a longer course for the program’s return to El Toro, Calif. Better still, officials report the timing system put in its first flawless performance.

It might have looked like an early April Fool’s prank, but it was no joke – the Hawk Super Challenge final came down to Randy in a Lotus Elise versus Randy in a Lotus Elise. To clear the confusion that would be Randy Chase, of San Diego, Calif., in the Prepared Index-winning ChaseCam/Black Watch/Lotus Garage Lotus Elise versus Randy Noll, of Carlsbad, Calif., in the same, A Street Prepared-winning Lotus Elise. Following four lonely Lotus runs, Noll came away the winner of the “Randy-off.”

Kevin McCormick, of Lincoln, Calif., became the first-ever Honda Tuner Challenge top-eliminator in his Kumho/HAP America’s Tire/Bilstein Honda Civic Si. In addition to his prize for being the highest-finishing Honda in the Hawk Super Challenge, McCormick faced-off against the www.RiptideHosting.com Acura ITR of D-stock winner Kinch Reindl, of Denver, Colo., in what has become known as the “$250 run,” in order to claim his top-eliminator prize.

Making the trek from Cedar Park, Texas, 2006 ProSolo Finale Ladies Challenge winner Beth McClure-Strelnieks picked up where she left off by taking home the first Ladies Challenge of 2007 piloting a Jungle Cat Racing/7 Parts Mazda 3-Rotor R.

Ken Lord, of Aliso Viejo, Calif., took Bonus Challenge honors in his Honda Civic Si.

ProSolo competitors will have over a month to recharge before the next event, May 5, at Walnut Ridge Airport, in Walnut Ridge, Ark.

Last edited by RandyC; 03-31-07 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-31-07, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

Here is the pic of the 1st and 2nd place drivers, both Randy. Both in a Yellow Elise.

Old 03-31-07, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You're the flamer, right?

The link you posted has something to do with cars, so I didn't really understand it. Did you just get your license? Congrats!
Old 03-31-07, 11:25 PM
X
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrads!

Although 15 minutes doesn't seem like such a good time...
Old 03-31-07, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, it is a little confusing. But my car was driven by three drivers. To simplify, the fastest 32 drivers from the weekend move on to a sudden death elimination challenge Sunday afternoon. This is out of about 200 drivers from across the US.

ALL three drivers in my car made it into the challenge. Then two of us (Randy and Randy( were in the top 16. Then top 8. Then top 4. Then it was just us two left. In the same car.

I came out less victorious but it was still a 1-2 finish for the Randys. Which is good. We also won a bit of money so that was good.
Old 03-31-07, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

And yeah... I am on the right. On fire. "The Kid" is on the left. Damn those fast youthful reflexes.
Old 03-31-07, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Following four lonely Lotus runs, Noll came away the winner of the “Randy-off.”
If only your names were "Jack"...

Congrats on the victory!
Old 04-01-07, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Congrats on not pulling an Eddie Griffin.

Isn't this your 2nd 15 mins? I thought the first would be when you picked up your Elise and drove it cross-country. But it's cool, none the less. I liked the Pink Floyd thing you did with the pic

Continued success with your car and, hopefully, we'll bump into each other again at a Venice/PML gig.
Old 04-01-07, 01:01 AM
Super Moderator

I have not really talked much, but there have been other 15 minute periods. The Elise drive across the country was cool.

In the last couple months, I was helping at the Superbowl do the Celebrity GT race. We did the video, I got to mic up Fergie. Flew back to England, and did a celebrty karting thing. Did the thing with McLaren, Renault F1, and more. Talked to TRD yesterday about an involvement with their NASCAR team. Working with the Monster Trucks, specifically Grave Digger. Its been a crazy year so far. We move into a new building starting Monday.

That would be great to run into you again. I was at PML at Belly Up a month ago. Venice will be on Thursday August 2nd at Belly Up.
Old 04-01-07, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow, Randy, a lot of good stuff going on with ya. WTG!

Yeah, the Venice show is 4 days after Comic-Con but I should be recovered by then. I did see they have a couple more acoustic shows scheduled.
Old 04-01-07, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator

I went to the last acoustic at the Church and thought it was great. I recommend it. I will be out of town.
Old 04-01-07, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
RandyC
Old 04-01-07, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I knew you always wanted a Lotus Elise and I was off the boards for a while during the period that you got it, I guess. Glad you picked it up. Sounds like a very fun car.

Also, and I hope this doesn't offend you, but you look like the kind of guy who deserves to drive it. I always hate to see nice expensive sports cars being driven by balding pasty accountant types or by the extremely young (like a couple of Ferraris and Lambos I've seen around here driven by college students).
Old 04-01-07, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Congrats on the almost-win.

Doesn't it raise eyebrows in the judge's booth when one car is particularly fast, no matter who drives it? Aren't there class restrictions?

I like the storm drain and the shadow at the bottom of the picture. Subtle. If I hadn't had the CD right in front of me, I would never have noticed.
Old 04-01-07, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Bus
I knew you always wanted a Lotus Elise and I was off the boards for a while during the period that you got it, I guess. Glad you picked it up. Sounds like a very fun car.

Also, and I hope this doesn't offend you, but you look like the kind of guy who deserves to drive it. I always hate to see nice expensive sports cars being driven by balding pasty accountant types or by the extremely young (like a couple of Ferraris and Lambos I've seen around here driven by college students).
Ferraris and Lambos are only driven by 30 year old Arabs in London.
Old 04-01-07, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nick Danger
Congrats on the almost-win.

Doesn't it raise eyebrows in the judge's booth when one car is particularly fast, no matter who drives it? Aren't there class restrictions?
Shhhhh!

The cars are impounded and inspected. The Elise is just a good car for this. Soon, mine will be even better. Next up is 285 series tires on the rear (much more tire on the ground) and a soooooopercharger for more horsepower. Both legal in this class. The funny thing is, the car is not really prepped for the class rules yet. Mainly a stock car.

p.s. Also win.. yeah. I had a lot of people congratulating me... and I was thinking "but I was second!"
Old 04-01-07, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Cool stuff Randy. If you ever get tired of your Elise....keep that pedagogue guy in mind as someone who could give it a nice home!!!

-p
Old 04-01-07, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That is one sweet looking yellow Yugo, amazing what they can do with a little body putty and paint these days
Old 04-01-07, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Looking over your videos. That Iraq video is disturbing.
Old 04-01-07, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nick Danger
Looking over your videos. That Iraq video is disturbing.

Yes. I thought so too. The customer of mine was just a kid. But it seems like they are all kids. A little different from the movies and TV. No real leadership. Just chaos. Shooting at a direction. When the "friendly" walks right into the line of fire, with bullets on each side of his head, you see how lucky he is to be alive.

And the RPG exploding and illuminating that soldier that was crouched... then you hear "MEDIC!"...

And its real.

Did you see the video of the motorcycle crash?
Old 04-01-07, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Low res due to youtube, NSFW due to language, violence, nudity and sex. Okay, no nudity and sex.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OjbrD4WBZf8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OjbrD4WBZf8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 04-01-07, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Motorcycle crash-
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tQyihoPL76o"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tQyihoPL76o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 04-01-07, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Excellent performance, Randy. Way to humiliate that loser Randy Chase who came in 2nd.
Old 04-01-07, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Nice work!

Although I'm still confused by the flaming person picture and your comment that both of those guys were quite randy.
Old 04-01-07, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk God

I thought you'd be taller. Congrats.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.