Reload this Page >

Any recourse if FedEx doesn't deliver?

Other Talk "Otterville"

Old 03-01-07, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I've been expecting a package from FedEx today. All the tracking info said it would be delivered today. I've been home all afternoon which is when the FedEx guy usually comes. I just looked up the tracking info and it says at 7:11 pm Delivery Exception (Customer not available or business closed ). Now I was definitely home then, watching TV about 15 ft from the door. Never heard a knock or anything. I checked outside and there isn't even a notice saying we tried to deliver. Did the FedEx guy just get lazy and tired and decide to call it a night? Should I call Fed Ex and tell them about it?
Old 03-01-07, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had the same problem, the guy would have the we missed out slip all filled out before he came to the door. Never rang the doorbell or knocked. I did report it and eventually we got a new driver. Usually the fedex places are open pretty late you can always just go and pick it up.
Old 03-01-07, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, you time would have been better spent calling FedEx with your tracking number rather than posting about it here.
Old 03-01-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Could be that they went to the wrong door. I assume that it it was dark in your area at 7:11 pm.

Maybe they thought you really did not need your package today.
Old 03-02-07, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
You are right J - he decided to call it a night. I once watched as the FedEx guy came bolting out of his truck to put the pre-filled out slip on my door. No wonder, that amp I ordered was like 110 lbs. Luckily, I lived in a self-contained neighborhood at the time and caught him on the way back down. I made him carry the thing all the way to my front door. He didn't say a word and knew he was busted.

I know these guys have alot of packages in residential areas and have to get them all done in short day, but seriously, in the age of instant tracking, you have to give the door a knock.
Old 03-02-07, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hate FedEx. That happened to us. My brother was expecting a package and they claimed they delivered it when we were home waiting for it. BS! So, he had to wait till Monday to get it since that was a Friday.

Just the other day, someone was ringing the doorbell so I open the front and no one was there so I go to the side door and the FedEx guy just left the package on the floor in the gangway. WTH!

I think they are the worst out of all the other carriers.
Old 03-02-07, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by j123vt_99

File for divorce?
Old 03-02-07, 12:35 PM
Banned

When it comes to deliveries here are my observations:
UPS-when they arrive they usually honk the horn to let you know they are out there. They will leave a package at the front of the house on the porch.
Fedx-they always seem to be in a hurry and if they even suspect you are not home off they go. I have seen them speed away quite a few times and I usually just call the 800 number and tell them to bring it back.
IMO I prefer UPS over FedX and the USPS. Their tracking feature is always right on..
Old 03-02-07, 01:01 PM

Complain. I sent a very forward email after they failed to deliver an overnight Christmas present. They refunded my $20 quickly.
Old 03-02-07, 10:37 PM

I think this couple would have liked to have missed this delivery by a dhl driver:

Story

Human body parts delivered to wrong address

Updated: March 2, 2007 04:58 PM
One of the packages containing the body parts.

CASCADE TOWNSHIP -- A Cascade Township couple made a disturbing discovery when two extra packages containing human body parts were delivered to their home.

Investigators with the Kent County Sheriff's Department say the packages originated in China and were supposed to be delivered to a laboratory in Traverse City. Instead, the driver from DHL accidentally thought the extra packages were part of the couple's order when he made the delivery on Thursday.

The couple opened the other packages and noticed the body parts.

The two extra packages are part of a much larger shipment. Investigators say three of the original five boxes shipped have been received. Of the two missing boxes, there could be up to 30 individually wrapped specimens that do not pose a health risk to the public.

Now a statewide alert has been sent to police agencies. Authorities say anyone who receives these packages by mistake, shipped by DHL, should contact police.
Old 12-30-10, 02:10 PM

Re: Any recourse if FedEx doesn't deliver?

Fedex is wack. I ordered a package and it was said that it was left down by the basement door. Usually a sticker is left saying where the package was left. Unfortunately there was no sticker or package. I contacted fedex who told me to contact the shipper and tell them to file a claim. This was since the first week of nov. It is now almost 2 months later and still no response. The shipper claims that the claim was denied by fedex and fedex is saying that the shipper never filed a claim. But how was their no file claimed when the driver was stalking my house looking for the package, wanting us to sign a paper saying we received a package. Then now they are saying that the claim was denied because the driver verified that my house was where he left the package. How can u verify a package when there is no package to verify???? Their customer service is wack and how is it the person I'm speaking with can't connect me with a supervisor or manager on duty because they don't know who they report to? This is ridiculous. Next step is to contact the corporate office. Hopefully someone there can help me out. Ups is way better than fedex. Fedex sucks!!!!!
Old 12-30-10, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A nearly four year old thread bump for this?
Old 12-30-10, 02:26 PM
Banned by request

VMS Home Alarms is a scam!
Old 12-30-10, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Correction, VMS Home Alarms is wack!
Old 12-30-10, 02:45 PM
Banned by request

VMS Home Alarms kills pandas!
Old 12-30-10, 02:45 PM
Premium Member

Received 145 Likes on 106 Posts

I thought 'wack' was a good thing, sigh. Silly kids keep changing the meaning of my words!
Old 12-30-10, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Green Smurf View Post
I had the same problem, the guy would have the we missed out slip all filled out before he came to the door. Never rang the doorbell or knocked. I did report it and eventually we got a new driver. Usually the fedex places are open pretty late you can always just go and pick it up.
same problem. Maybe FedEx has a "NO KNOCK" policy.

one time, the fedex guy walked to my door, stuck the note on, and went out to his truck. luckily i was home and expecting a package, so i heard his footsteps and went after him to get the package.

or, maybe they're owned by the same parent company as VMS Alarms. Those scammers!
Old 12-30-10, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 229 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Bklyn View Post
Fedex is wack. I ordered a package and it was said that it was left down by the basement door. Usually a sticker is left saying where the package was left. Unfortunately there was no sticker or package. I contacted fedex who told me to contact the shipper and tell them to file a claim. This was since the first week of nov. It is now almost 2 months later and still no response. The shipper claims that the claim was denied by fedex and fedex is saying that the shipper never filed a claim. But how was their no file claimed when the driver was stalking my house looking for the package, wanting us to sign a paper saying we received a package. Then now they are saying that the claim was denied because the driver verified that my house was where he left the package. How can u verify a package when there is no package to verify???? Their customer service is wack and how is it the person I'm speaking with can't connect me with a supervisor or manager on duty because they don't know who they report to? This is ridiculous. Next step is to contact the corporate office. Hopefully someone there can help me out. Ups is way better than fedex. Fedex sucks!!!!!
This is NOT the way to deal with buyer's remorse.
Old 12-30-10, 07:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Cow View Post
I thought 'wack' was a good thing, sigh.
Some people pay extra for that.
Old 12-30-10, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

I'm a FedEx expert. Call 888-GO-FEDEX. Say "customer service" into the phone. Wait time is usually instant, or less than a minute. And you talk to Americans.

...waaaiiitttt. This is an old thread.

FedEx IS wack, in the way you say. I'll tell you a few things about how it works...

1. The shipper did not request a signature delivery. A FedEx driver will get one, if they can. But they are not required to. Nor are they responsible if the package is stolen from your door. However, FedEx drivers normally know they route very well, and where is and is not a good place to leave packages, etc. For instance, they'll leave it at the front door in the burbs. But not in some shady part of town.

2. Did it ship to a residence? If so, did it go via Home Delivery? Home Delivery is Home Delivery for a reason. FedEx Ground is meant to work business-to-business. Half the packages they deliver are usually to residential. If the package is residential, the shipper really should mark Home Delivery, which offers more personal service.

3. The seller is ultimately responsible for getting that package to you. If they didn't want this risk, they should mark 'signature required' on every package. It only costs $1.50-or-so extra. They can play dumb all they want. And tell you that they can't help. But it is ultimately their fault.
Old 12-30-10, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 217 Likes on 124 Posts

Patented Lunatikk Advice:

Go to the nearest Fed Ex store and burn the place to the ground.
Old 12-30-10, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Suprmallet View Post
VMS Home Alarms kills pandas!
VMS Home Alarms is a wholly owned subsidary of Del Monte.
Old 12-30-10, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

My fedex guy is a ghost. Seriously. He does drop off the packages, but no knock, no doorbell, even the dogs don't hear him. I never see him or the truck. NOTHING.

UPS and USPS, on the other hand, always ring the bell and wait a bit at the door even with the dogs inside barking.
Old 12-31-10, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm sure you will get your all important package today. Don't cry about not being able to get it at 7pm last night and not being able to play with whatever it is for 2 hours. You'll live.
Old 12-31-10, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 229 Likes on 133 Posts

The most recent package we got from FedEx, the guy just dropped it over the fence into the cactus garden.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.