Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

New Year's plans?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

New Year's plans?

Old 12-31-06, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was supposed to go to Resolution Montreal (big party with Tiesto, Max Graham and a bunch of other DJs) but I hurt my back moving furniture around and will be staying home. My roomate is having friends over so I'll party with them.

But since the event was sold out, I managed to sell my $80 ticket in 20 minutes on craigslist - and for 200 bucks! Happy New Year, indeed!
Old 12-31-06, 03:52 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChiTownAbs, Inc
You are 45 and you want to go to a RAVE?! Most ravers are what .... 21/22/23? They will think you are a cop.
That, and the fact that raves haven't existed for about 15 years or so. Trust me, a large, advertised, publicized dance event with the likes of Ferry Corsten where you have to buy tickets is not a rave in any sense of the word. A fun time maybe, but a rave it is not.
Old 12-31-06, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus
NYE has historically (once I moved to the US) been the least thrilling of all holidays and on multiple times it's been one of the worst non-work days of the year.

This year I'm going to a pretty nice seafood place in town that has a band and an open bar from 9:30pm to close. For $30 that's not bad, considering most drinks there are $6-$7. Not looking to really make it a big night. I'll be asleep by standard weekend time (before 2).

Old 12-31-06, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by SubZeri
That, and the fact that raves haven't existed for about 15 years or so. Trust me, a large, advertised, publicized dance event with the likes of Ferry Corsten where you have to buy tickets is not a rave in any sense of the word. A fun time maybe, but a rave it is not.
I wouldn't say 15 years...maybe 8-10 years. I use to go to them back in college, and they'd be in random buildings, fields, etc. I remember going to one in '98 run by some russian mob guys....we played 'Spot the Cop' and realized that there was definitely something going on because we noticed a few older 'trying to hard' people asking around for stuff. Figured better safe than sorry....so I told my buddy, and he packed up his stuff (he was spinning and jumped off early), and we booked it from the building. It was a paid gig for him, but that wasn't worth the arrest. As we were pulling out of the lot, we saw 2 police wagons and some unmarked cars pull in. Good Times!

-p
Old 12-31-06, 04:16 PM

we'll be asleep before 2 am january 2nd is what bus meant..

the humping signifies how i will keep bus awake
Old 12-31-06, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by SubZeri
Ewww sorry!

Regardless if it's a Rave or not, it is for the dance music that I'm going and I know I'm not going to be disappointed.

And as a side note, my car died this morning, so I'm going to the (not so) Rave in a taxi cab! It might just be a little safer.

Chris
Old 12-31-06, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Driving ANYWHERE tonight is scary...between the drunks on the road, and the plethora of cops...most of which would rather NOT be stuck working, so there won't be any 'warnings'. We are driving to the club/casinio and cabbing it back.

I plan on being very very drunk (only do it a few times a year).

Any guesses on the OVER/UNDER of girls i'll see kissing each other? It will be at a trendy club, with open top shelf bars, and women with questionable morals.

I'd set the line at 11.

-p
Old 12-31-06, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Staying home with Chinese food and watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and probably The Mummy Returns...will also be out way before midnight, like always.
Old 12-31-06, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
at my inlaws and will be drinking with my father in law

he bought some nice vodka
Old 12-31-06, 05:30 PM
Banned

Going to a buddies for a few, then comming home around 10/11 and getting d-r-u-n-k off my a-s-s. Maybe watch a few movies or something. Unfortunantly me and my gf just stopped talking, and I'll be by myself, but I'm sure as hell not drinking and driving.
Old 12-31-06, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm leaving with some friends in a bit, i'm hoping to be +1 on the way back. I have a streak at NYE that I'd like to keep.

I have a few Otter phone #'s, so you've been warned.

-p
Old 12-31-06, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by pedagogue
I have a streak at NYE that I'd like to keep.
You're streaking during New Year's Eve?

be sure to post pics

Last edited by Bacon; 12-31-06 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-31-06, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Nothing at this point. Just spent an entire weekend doing wedding stuff for my fiancee's good friend. Now too tired to bother anything. Going to stay in and watch the UFC replay and probably get laid.
Old 12-31-06, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Canadian Bacon
You're streaking during New Year's Eve?

be sure to post pics
haven't streaked....at least not in quite awhile. I don't think i will since i'll be around a few thousand people and cops. ...though i'm not say NO.

-p
Old 12-31-06, 07:32 PM
Cool New Member

Still drinking - but just paused to wish everyone a

Old 12-31-06, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
I wrote my plans down, then realized that many of them were activities mentioned in recent threads--activities that some people flipped out over and started moralizing about. So suffice it to say I'll be doing things that dvdtalkers don't approve of.
Old 12-31-06, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by tasha99
So suffice it to say I'll be doing things that dvdtalkers don't approve of.
Old 12-31-06, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wrote my plans down, then realized that many of them were activities mentioned in recent threads--activities that some people flipped out over and started moralizing about. So suffice it to say I'll be doing things that dvdtalkers don't approve of.
Care to share?
Old 12-31-06, 08:09 PM

You're watching all non widescreen DVDz?

Chris
Old 12-31-06, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by mrpayroll
You're watching all non widescreen DVDz?

Chris
What do you take me for?

No, actually, I have toothache and took someone else's meds (not gonna search for it, but recent thread on that)

And I'm going to watch a movie that's not out in my town yet BUT (here's the rationalization) it's by my favorite director and I will see it in the theater along with anyone I can drag to it and buy the dvd.

And I'm going to eat my ass off since tomorrow I diet. (Probably not a recent thread on this, but hey, we all know there are diet guru dvdtalkers who will diss my binge.)

Not what I would call horrible, but it's stuff that's been mentioned here recently. It makes me feel like I should round it out with a bit of bargain shopping (I'm sure I could find a price mistake somewhere).
Old 12-31-06, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Kittydreamer
Care to share?
Spelling "Color" with a U?

"Colour"
Old 12-31-06, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My budy asked me to be his best man at his wedding so we're going to his sister's house. She's having a massive party, bartender, dj, women. Happy 2007 evryone !!
Old 12-31-06, 11:16 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I got drunk at home alone. Woo-Hoo! Whelm you all!
Old 12-31-06, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by SPiRAL
My budy asked me to be his best man at his wedding so we're going to his sister's house. She's having a massive party, bartender, dj, women. Happy 2007 evryone !!
Pics of the sister, please. kthnx
Old 01-01-07, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just finished the first season of Friends and did a literature search for a paper I need to finish on Tuesday.

I'm living the dream.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.