Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

My neighbors strike again - 2nd FedEx package stolen!

Other Talk "Otterville"

My neighbors strike again - 2nd FedEx package stolen!

Old 12-14-06, 01:11 PM
Admin

Received 351 Likes on 226 Posts
Originally Posted by Quake1028
I'm the opposite, I never have problems with UPS, only with FedEx. The only three things I have gotten from FedEx were stolen/never delivered as said; didn't knock on the door like they said and left no notice on the door, so they had to deliver the next Monday; stolen/never delivered as said. That's a pretty bad track record.
Just curious Quake, do you live in an apt. complex or a stand alone home?
Old 12-14-06, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Apartment complex.
Old 12-14-06, 01:21 PM
Admin

Received 351 Likes on 226 Posts
Originally Posted by Quake1028
Apartment complex.
Trust no one!

Seriously, a lot of stuff we got delivered at my old apt. complex, they dropped at the front office and left a slip on our door. Maybe you could leave a note going forward to do that.
Old 12-14-06, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 717 Likes on 513 Posts
Originally Posted by Shagrath
When I first moved into my current apartment, I ordered a few things online, and since I always order with cheap shipping, I never get a tracking number or anything. Three or four weeks go by, and no packages. So I call up the various places and one says it was shipped out USPS with no tracking number, and the other one had a tracking number, and it was signed by someone else.

I got both places to resend my stuff, and one day I got the sticker on my door that they left my package at the office up front. I go down there to pick it up, and I've got the "missing" packages sitting there, as well as the new ones. It seems that UPS/USPS decided to just drop the stuff off at the office and never tell me about it, and it'd been sitting there for over a month.

Earlier this year (January), FedEx did the same thing with my Oppo player. They just dropped it off in the office and never even attempted me, since I was home all day and they never knocked on the door. I was tempted to call up FedEx and complain, but never did.
That happened to me when I lived an apartment complex. But not just with Fed Ex/UPS. With USPS. That pissed me off even more, b/c it's not that hard to leave a freaking note on the door indicating the front office has the package.
Old 12-14-06, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by VinVega
Trust no one!

Seriously, a lot of stuff we got delivered at my old apt. complex, they dropped at the front office and left a slip on our door. Maybe you could leave a note going forward to do that.
UPS does that every time if I'm not home. Apparently, speaking with someone in the leasing office, they have had tons of problems with FedEx Ground.
Old 12-14-06, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mllefoo
I once ordered a package that was being shipped via ups. The driver apparently showed up at my house, but didn't bother to knock on the door. Instead, he just took the package and left.

I called UPS when I saw online that the package had been delivered and asked where my package was and they said, "the driver says he knocked on your door for a solid two minutes, but nobody answered."

I told them I was home at the time and nobody had knocked on my door at all. I was sitting in the livingroom next to the front door reading a book, so it would be difficult not to hear someone pounding on my door.

They made the very disgruntled driver come back out to my place that evening.
My fucking POS mailmain has done that to us 2 or 3 times. I work from home, sit quietly with my computer most days. Hate the fucker.
Old 12-14-06, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DHL did that to me a few times ('foo's story). I had a freight company (Eagle) try tha twith me. I was getting a hammock and stand delivered. You ahve to call to schedule a pickup, and they give you a time.......so when mine came and went I called, and they told me there were there on time, and that they knocked o my door.

So the security guy let him in willing calling..................er no.
So they knocked on the door that I was <10' from most of the day (I was working from home)
And they told me I had to wait to reschedule...funk that.

-p
Old 12-14-06, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

the UPS guy rings the bell as he leaves the "sorry we missed you" note. none of my neighbors would steal or even want what I have shipped.
Old 12-14-06, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I'd try a little sting operation. Place an empty box by your front door. Wait for the bastard to pick it up. Have yourself a good old fashioned ass kicking!
I was thinking along the same lines...except then turn the tape over to the cops, who will put the fucker away for a felony of fucking with mail.
Old 12-14-06, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm home during the day and my delivery drivers usually pull the "no knock drop and run" as well. My house has a a that blocks the view of the front door though so it's not that bad.

They really shouldn't be leaving any package where the door is completely exposed, especially in an apartment complex. It's not safe at all.
Old 12-14-06, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 705 Likes on 510 Posts
Originally Posted by dick_grayson
none of my neighbors would steal or even want what I have shipped.

"What's in the box!"
Old 12-14-06, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Move or have future shipments delivered to your place of work or a reliable place!
Old 12-14-06, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

recently i had a package go missing with a dvd. the delivery confirmation said it was here, but it wasn't. no insurance so I'm just out the money
Old 12-14-06, 11:10 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

well there's only one thing for it. Burn your neighbours house down or blow up their car
Old 12-14-06, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 739 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by pedagogue
I had a freight company (Eagle) try tha twith me.
Eagle Global Logistics (EGL)? I used to work for those bastards.
Old 12-15-06, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I usually have problems with UPS. Lazy ass drivers.

1) Day one - I came from work and found the yellow slip sticking to my door. However, my wife was home the whole day and the doorbell never rang.

2) Day two - Since I and my wife were both working that day, I signed the slip for the driver to leave the package. Came home, note was still in the same place. I checked the tracking info online and it said an attempt was made that day. BS!

3) Day three - My wife was home again, and by late afternoon there was still no package. I checked online and it said an attempt was made at 5 pm. Again, my wife was home and it was Halloween so she was answering the door every five minutes.

When I finally picked up the package, I was livid. I complained to the site manager, and wrote a long email to UPS customer service. I doubt any good ever came of it.
Old 12-15-06, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm glad I don't have these problems with UPS, because most of my purchases are online. But FedEx is another story.

I'll be home all day, it will be raining, and this wacko will leave my package in a bush 15 feet from my porch and never ring the doorbell! My wife came home and discovered the package had been getting rained on for a couple of hours. Before that, my daughter found a FedEx package in that same bush after I thought my delivery had been missing for two weeks. After two weeks of heavy rains, the box just fell apart to reveal three DVDs with little worms crawling all around it.
Old 12-15-06, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sonicflood
Move or have future shipments delivered to your place of work or a reliable place!
In some cases this will not work. I was looking at buying some lighting fixtures and cables a couple of months ago and everywhere I turned the vendor would not ship my package to any other address than the one that my credit card was attached to. I don't understand this policy and there were about three businesses that lost out on my purchase because of it.
Old 12-15-06, 12:23 PM
CWB

Originally Posted by debbert
In some cases this will not work. I was looking at buying some lighting fixtures and cables a couple of months ago and everywhere I turned the vendor would not ship my package to any other address than the one that my credit card was attached to. I don't understand this policy and there were about three businesses that lost out on my purchase because of it.
It is very simple: if the credit card is stolen one way to prevent the thief from using it online is to mandate that the card can only be used to send goods to the registered card-holder's address.

Otherwise the thief could much more easily get away with large fraudulent purchases.
Old 12-15-06, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I'd try a little sting operation. Place an empty box by your front door. Wait for the bastard to pick it up. Have yourself a good old fashioned ass kicking!
The box shouldn't be empty. Weight it so it feels good and add a dye pack.

Oh and Vin's webcam idea is good also.
Old 12-15-06, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not a fan of UPS. Was home today when they delivered my new widescreen monitor (which was in the manfacturer's box). The guy pulled the half ass knock and run, didn't even ring the doorbell. He left it in front of the screen door for all to see. I went outside just as he was going off the porch and asked him "would it have killed you to ring the doorbell?" Of course he lied and said he did.

I never have problems with FedEx.
Old 12-15-06, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nazz
What kind of thief would admit it if you knocked on their door and asked them? It's not like they'd let you search their apartment either.
They won't even answer the door since they won't hear it ring while they watch movies on their brand new HD DVD player.
Old 12-15-06, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
I have had a similar problem with my apartment complex, stretching out over the last couple years.

I have a small mailbox downstairs in the hallway, and it's obviously not designed to hold large packages. The postman usually left them at my door, which is something I didn't necessarily smile on, but I put up with it. After I had a package not show up one time, I asked the post office to hold my packages and leave me a pick-up slip. They said no problem. Yet whenever I got a package, it would either be at my door or just never show up. In between these times, I contacted the local post office and the main post office at the national level, and asked them what to do to keep packages from being left.

The first time I called the local office said they would just hold them, no problem. After another package didn't show up, the local office then said I had to contact the main office. The main office said they would send a notice to the local office. After yet another package didn't show up, the main office then tells me I needed to go into the local office and give them a written request. No official form or anything, just a written slip, signed, saying "please hold my packages". 1) Whatever. 2) Why wasn't I told this the first goddamned time?!? Well, I never got around to giving them the written slip, but waited to see what the next time would be like.

Recently, I was expecting a couple purchases from eBay sellers, and they were both late showing up; one of them to the point where the one seller gave me a refund. I went down to the apartment office to pay my rent, and she shows me I have several packages waiting there for me!!! I think one was from my girlfriend in Canada, and the other two were the eBay packages I was waiting for, including the one I was refunded on! The office lady told me the postman leaves packages at the office if they won't fit, and if nobody's home. First of all, I work second shift, so I'm always home when the mail comes. The postman never knocked on my door for any of these packages. Second, why weren't these packages held at the post office like they were supposed to be? Third, why the hell didn't the apartment office call me and tell me I have packages? The refunded package had been there at the office for at least two weeks!

I still haven't gotten around to raising hell about it. One, I'm too lazy...and two, I doubt it would do any good anyway.
Old 12-15-06, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've found both UPS and FedEx to be irresponsible in this area.

Frankly, I think more people should just say the package never arrived when
they randomly leave it on your doorstep without even knocking. If it happened
enough, they would be forced to start requiring signatures 100% of the time,
which is how it should be anyway.

Of course, I've thought this for awhile but never actually put the theory into
action myself, because I would feel too guilty about it, even though the end
result would be positive. But I'm sure there are tons of people out there with
looser morals than mine, so I'm throwing the idea out there anyway
Old 12-15-06, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

On Wednesday, FedEx left a package on my front steps that was around $800.
Fortunately it was still there when I got home.

I was expecting to have to pick it up at the FedEx office because no one was home, but they left it anyways.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.