Reload this Page >

School me on XanGo

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

School me on XanGo

Old 11-21-06, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
School me on XanGo

XanGo is an international multi-level marketing company based in Lehi, Utah. It sells a beverage called XanGo® Juice, which it promotes as a health drink. XanGo possesses a proprietary formula for using the whole mangosteen fruit (including the rind of the fruit) in a beverage. This formula is covered by U.S. Patent 6,730,333.

The company reached an agreement with Major League Soccer club Real Salt Lake to be the team's jersey sponsor from the 2007 through 2010 seasons, for an amount estimated to range from $4 million to $5 million.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XanGo

Sounds like a pyramid scheme, but they don't refer to it as such anymore...the person that told me about it referred to it as "network" marketing.

Something for nothing...riiiiiiight. Tan Staafl.

Just wondering if anyone here knows about it, or have been involved/knows anyone involved in this sorta shit.
Old 11-21-06, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
things like this aren't technically pyramid schemes because they actually offer a product. but its a scam nonetheless. when I was in college my roommates got involved in something similar which offered crappy dial-up web access. they laughed at me for not paying in my $500 to make hundreds of thousands. i still laugh at them.
Old 11-22-06, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts
There's a guy at work who sells Xango and he got someone else I know in on it. To my knowledge neither one is rolling in cash.

I would say the juice is a scam. They make lofty claims about what that stuff can do.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 11-22-06 at 04:36 AM.
Old 11-22-06, 04:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My girlfriend's mother was wrapped up in one that had to do with landlines, and was trying to get my girlfriend to join up. Selling phone service, and trying to sign up people underneath you to sell for you. Sounded awesome, unless you had already heard of things like this before. Of course, it went nowhere, and she never made any money.

XanGo seems like the same thing.