Reload this Page >

I scratched my cornia (sp?)

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 10-12-06, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I scratched my cornia or so the dr thinks, she gave me oxycodone, and some ointment and I have to see the optomologist tomorrow. It feels like I have something stuck in my eye. Anyone else have this before? My right eye is extremely blurry from the dye and the drops, just got back from the ER. I didn't get a cool patch though
Old 10-12-06, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did it itch?
Old 10-12-06, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

when I scratched my cornea back in the day, all I got was an eyepatch to wear for a day or two.
Old 10-12-06, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's only a matter of time until you are completely blind. But that might be from unrelated reason.
Old 10-12-06, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Birrman54
when I scratched my cornea back in the day, all I got was an eyepatch to wear for a day or two.

Arghhhhhhhh mate.....
Old 10-12-06, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

i wo ld n t wor y. it ha p ned t me. my vis n is f ne now.
Old 10-12-06, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 10-12-06, 12:31 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

It will feel a lot better tomorrow. The time I did that to my eye because of an injury, it hurt a lot the first night. I was given some ointment I had to put under the lid and then blink so it spread over the eye. Also was given some drops to put in the eye. Those stung a little and tasted awful. Because that whole area is interconnected, the drop went in my eye, I could smell it and then taste it.

But the eye doctor says that the eye heals fast.
Old 10-12-06, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I've scratched my cornea a couple of times in my life. I never received any medical treatment and just dealt with the pain. I actually just scatched my cornea a couple of months ago. It didn't bother me too much when I was awake and my eyes were open but as soon as I tried to go to sleep it bothered the hell out of me with my eyes closed.

The most annoying part is that it feels like you have something in your eye but can't get it out. Try not to rub it (Like I did....continuously) it only makes it worse.
Old 10-12-06, 12:49 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

That is what mine felt like. It felt like a big eyelash stuck in my eye and I couldn't get it out.

The reason I went to the ER was because I had a rake handle hit my face, below my eye. It split the skin below the eye requiring some stiches. My contact lens broke and I had to fish it out. I actually thought a small piece was loged somewhere in my eye.

Had to go to the Eye doctor on a special appointment, as it happened on a saturday and the eye doctor was closed on sunday. Came in, check things out and said I wouldn't have any perm damage.

While in the ER, once I was finally seen. They put some drops in my eye that numbed it. I begged for a bottle of that to take home as it really hurt to have the cornia scratched. But they said they couldn't as it is dangerous because you don't have any sense of feeling and could damage your eye if you tried to rub it or something while it was numbed.
Old 10-12-06, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
I once got acid in my eye. The doctor gave me steroid drops to put in it. The drops didn't hurt so much, but one eye got real muscular like Sammy Sosa.
Old 10-12-06, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

wow all interesting posts, well I'll tell you how mine happenned: I just finished my probationary year as a firefighter in westchester county right above NYC. I have volunteered for years, and was hired last year by a larger dept. So anyway, last night we get a call for a rolled over SUV at a 5 way intersection. The car was actually a bit up on one street, when approaching hte vehicle we saw an oriental woman, who looked like she was sitting on her drivers side window. It turns out her arm and probably one of her legs were open. My capt told me to cut the windshield, as one other guy was getting in through the trunk. When I was cutting the glass I had eye protection on, but they kept fogging up and i think they might of even fell down a little, it happenned so fast, I turnmed my head to the side, while cutting. calls all wrapped up, I ge tback to the station shower up and laying in bed that night I fel this annoying feeling in my eye. The next morning I ended up going to the ER, The ER dr said she didn't see any glass, but that the cornia was slightly scratched, tomorrow I am going to an opthamologist, for a follow up, the ER doctor gave me this ointment to put in my eye and oxycodone.

edit: typos due to oxycodone

Last edited by M2theAX; 10-12-06 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-12-06, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you weren't so brave, you wouldn't be in this mess. For shame.
Old 10-13-06, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just saw an optomologist, everything looks fine, I do feel better today, she said by toorrow should be all OK, she dialated my pupils to check nerves adn such and I can not see any of this, I truly am wearing beer goggles right now everything is blurry and cannot read anything that I am typing, oh well that is all.
Old 10-13-06, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Birrman54
Me too, along with some drops.