Reload this Page >

Mom beats boyfriend... with her baby!

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 10-09-06, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ERIE, Pennsylvania - A woman used her 4-week-old baby as a weapon in a domestic dispute, swinging the infant through the air and striking her boyfriend with the child, authorities said.

The baby was critically injured in the attack early Sunday, said District Attorney Bradley Foulk.

"Never, never, never. I can never remember anything like this," Foulk told a local newspaper.

Chytoria Graham, 27, was charged with aggravated assault, reckless endangerment and simple assault. She was held Monday in the Erie County Jail, with bail set at $75,000 bail.

The infant, whose name was not released, was taken to a hospital in Pittsburgh.

There was no immediate indication whether the man allegedly attacked was the baby's father.

Authorities removed four other children from Graham's home and placed them with the Erie County Office of Children and Youth, Foulk said.
Old 10-09-06, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Source? It is not that I don't believe you, but this kind of story I would like to e-mail to someone I know in Erie. This is beyond f***ed up. I mean, she could, right now, post bail and leave jail! She should be tied to the front loader or a backhoe and used to knock out concrete walls. See how much she likes it.

Last edited by gijon213; 10-09-06 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-09-06, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just go to Google News and type in the mother's name. It's been all over the news today.

I'd like to see the face of the twisted person that did this.
Old 10-09-06, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That's all she was charged with? That's hard to believe.
Old 10-09-06, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
What is the infant's name was Kal-el?
Old 10-09-06, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by gijon213
Source?
Here's the story at CNN
MSNBC
FoxNews
Old 10-09-06, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
She's 27 and she already has five children. We can see by her method of dealing with conflict that she has the mentality of a four-year-old. How about removing her uterus and ovaries while they're at it removing her other children from the home?
Old 10-09-06, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Vibiana
She's 27 and she already has five children. We can see by her method of dealing with conflict that she has the mentality of a four-year-old. How about removing her uterus and ovaries while they're at it removing her other children from the home?
Old 10-09-06, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Vibiana
Word.
Old 10-09-06, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mikael79
I'd like to see the face of the twisted person that did this.
Old 10-09-06, 08:35 PM
DAC
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You need a license to drive and just about anything else. Anyone with a uterus can be a mommy. Disgusting...
Old 10-09-06, 08:36 PM
DAC
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Old 10-09-06, 09:20 PM

Yah, yet another reason I'm not proud to live in PA.
Old 10-09-06, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Premise
She shouldn't be winking at the camera considering her current predicament.
Old 10-09-06, 10:54 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

dumb fucking bitch, shouldn't be having kids in the first place
Old 10-10-06, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
She shouldn't be winking at the camera considering her current predicament.
Old 10-10-06, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
And to think all this time I've been using a baseball bat. I need to get me one of them babies for protection.

On a serious note, kill the f*cking bitch.
Old 10-10-06, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Update

ERIE, Pa. - A northwestern Pennsylvania woman accused of using her baby to batter her child's father said she didn't realize what she was doing until it was too late.

Chyrotia Graham, 27, of Erie, told police she had been drinking when an argument with the child's father turned violent early Sunday morning, according to an affidavit filed to support Graham's arrest.

Graham said she "snapped" and began grabbing things and throwing them at Deangelo Troop, 20, not realizing she had picked up her 4-week-old son, Jarron Troop, telling police she held the child by his legs and swung him at his father. Police had said they believed the woman held the baby by the midsection when she hit the man.

Graham was being held in the Erie County Jail on Monday on $75,000 bond. She faces charges of aggravated assault, reckless endangerment and simple assault.

Jarron, who was born Sept. 11, suffered a fractured skull and bleeding in the brain after the incident. The infant's head hit Deangelo, who had also fathered one of Graham's other four children.

Deangelo told the Erie Times-News that Graham never meant to hurt their child.

"People are trying to make a big deal about it, but she did not do it on purpose. ... It was just a mistake," he said.

Defense attorney Alison Scarpitti, who was assigned by the Erie County Public Defender's Office to represent Graham, said Monday she could not comment because she had not met with Graham.

Police said Troop punched Graham in the eye after she put the baby down, and police photos later showed her eye blackened and swollen shut.

Authorities said there was no indication that Troop had hit his son but that they were reviewing the case to see if any charges might be warranted.

"I don't anticipate any at this time," Erie police Capt. Frank Kwitowski said Monday.

Officials at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh declined to release information about the baby early Tuesday. He was flown to the hospital by helicopter after the incident.

Authorities removed Graham's other children from the home. The Erie County Office of Children and Youth granted temporary custody to their maternal grandparents, Gloria Graham and Cornell Petty of Erie.

Bolding is mine: HEY, "Daddy," it IS a big deal ... she hurt a baby! I think they should bash her skull in with a lead pipe and then say, "Oops, mistake!"
Old 10-10-06, 10:21 AM
Admin-MemeCat

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
It was a mistake?

Yup, I just accidentally picked up a BABY and swung it around the room. I thought I was picking up a baseball bat. They have such a similar weight and texture!